Sign in to follow this  
haggardsoldier

Training Tools For You & Your Unit.

US Army National Training Center. Fort Irwin, CA.

Map: Desert

Mods: ACE2

Info: This map is for practicing and familiarizing you and/or you're unit in basic & advanced aspects of marksmanship, tactical movements, land navigation, medical triage, Indirect fire support, Call for fire, and more...

This extensive and massive training post will accommodate you're unit and provide you with state of the art "and militarily accurate" facilities such as.

* M16 Weapon Qualification Range

* Crew Served Weapon Qualification Range

* Anti-Tank Familiarization Range

* PT Field / Obstacle Course

* M203 Qualification Range

* Land Navigation Range

* Tactical Movement / Buddy Bounding Range

* Pistol Qualification Range

* Pistol Competition Course

* Combat Life Savers (CLS) Course

* Indirect Fire Mortarmen Course

* Forward Observer's Course

* Field Training Exercise (FTX) Area

P.S.

I'm not sure how to upload the map onto this forum, or if i even can. If you want the US Army National Training Center. Please add me on steam or on MSN so i can get the file to you ASAP. Thank You.

Steam: eliteunit957

MSN: haggard.soldier@hotmail.com

I am currently serving in the US Army and all Ranges, Courses, Areas were done as realistic and accurate as the editor would allow.

-Haggard Soldier

You can't upload anything here directly, instead you need to upload it at some external place (like multiupload.com) and then post the links here.

After some time other community sites may mirror your mission.

You can't upload anything here directly, instead you need to upload it at some external place (like multiupload.com) and then post the links here.

After some time other community sites may mirror your mission.

I see, ok thank you.

Interesting, this would be cool to even better your own skills.

question for you does the mission soley rely on ACE to play it, or can you make a vanilla version for Arma2:CO?

also speaking of uploading files, here is a couple of sites to help out:

http://www.gamefront.com/

http://www.4shared.com/

Please make a vanilla version too (or first, if you have the option !)

Any news about a mirror? I'll be glad to see how it is.

Sorry guys but the National Training Center is dependant upon ACE as ACE has the needed pop up targets and objects required to make the weapon ranges as realistic as possible.

I have uploaded the Editor compatible folder here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6iceyywchcdp61b

this should go in your;

Documents/Arma 2 Other Profiles/username/MPMissons

once in there it should show up in your editor under the Desert map.

that way you can tweak it to the way you want it if need be, or even make a vanilla version of it. I will be creating a updated version soon, and maybe even make a vanilla version for you guys. Please let me know how you like it, or what else you would like to see. I am new to posting my work publicly and am looking forward to the responses :)

ya I did that too...is there supposed to just be one file in the folder? all I see from the down load is mission.sqm

ya I did that too...is there supposed to just be one file in the folder? all I see from the down load is mission.sqm

Correct, there is just a sqm in th emission folder. On Win7, I put the whole folder contained in the zip into my

C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Gnarly\missions

folder

Then Preview the mission from within the Editor

Yeah its a very good training tool haggardsoldier, I have added a town module (and some lingor buildings) for fast roping in on rooftops etc, and a HALO centre aswell all for personal use ofcourse ;) Oh also WIP'ing on a long range engagement "centre" for yes you guessed it sniper training.... Desert doesnt really cater for it though hence the below statement.

I am even thinking of making a simple map with that Airport template, just so the whole NTC is on flat terrain :D

@HunterTX

Your supposed to be putting it in your missions folder in Users\Documents\Arma 2\Other Profiles\Missions to preview it in the sp editor. ;)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Cool! thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be adding more stuff on to it soon, next is going to be a Indirect fire support range, with a impact zone & Forward observer's post. So you can practice calling in and adjusting artillery. :yay: