Sign in to follow this  

Acelondoner's Missions

Acelondoner's Missions

Hope you guys enjoy playing my missions as much as I enjoy making them!

[Co08] Infestation NEW

Release Date: 03 Jan 2012

Requirements: Operation Arrowhead

Description

You are a squad of 8 who are stranded in Takistan with infected taliban. You must escape Takistan via plane at the southern airfield. You will have to destroy three signal towers before you can leave otherwise you will be shot down. There are also some survivors which can be rescued.

Difficulty

Easy | Normal | Hard | Very Hard

----------------------------------------

HARD

Future Improvements

- Some things in mind.

Changlog

None yet.

Download Mirrors (Ver1.0)

MediaFire

Armaholic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Co04] Delta Rescue

Release Date: 15 Feb 2011

Requirements: Operation Arrowhead

Description

You are Delta squad, made up of 4 members who have been tasked to infiltrate and rescue a squad who are being held captive by the taliban. You must get them safely extracted.

There is no respawn, you have to rely on your medic.

You have the choice to go in silent or loud. Check the ammo box at the start.

Difficulty

Easy | Normal | Hard | Very Hard

----------------------------------------

VERY HARD

Future Improvements

- Add Norrins revive if I can find a way to allow captives to use it as well.

Changlog

Ver1.3

-Fixed Major bug introduced in 1.2 where players would spawn at the bottom of the map.

Ver1.2

- Fixed bug where JIP players would spawn as a seagull

- Tweaked/fixed issues with some reinforcement AI

- Added some sidechat

- Added some items to ammo box

- Gave captives 2 extra magazines each

- Reduced file size to 950kb. (MP friendly)

- Some other bits and pieces

Ver1.1

- Fixed bug with captives running around

- Made some tweaks to AI to make them more dynamic

- Added some music

Download Mirrors (Ver1.3)

MediaFire

Armaholic

Edited by Guest

Hi Acelondoner, nice little stealth mission.

The twilight and searchlight make it hard to decide wether to use NV or not, I was constantly changing :p

Noticed one bug? so far: as soon as I start the attack the captives are not staying in their supposed place but start running around in the warzone, happened twice that I accidentally shot one of them :p

(btw have fun with your BAF from Mr Ben, I got mine from Rashomon, long live the Tour :D)

ps I hope you put your missions on the server, too :)

Edited by @ST

Hi ST,

I'll look into the problem with captives running around and update the mission, cheers. Oh and yes, long live the Tour:D

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Delta Rescue Updated to 1.1!

Yeah I hit a snag also with little cover. It seems the Taliban have NV goggles as there is no way around the jeep gunner. The weapons loadout could be a bit more deltalike with nade launchers. But then again Delta would never go on this kind of mission. This is a grunt mission which case they would send in a platoon with heavy weapons. Either way if its a stealth mission the jeep gunner needs to have normal vision and not bionic infrared. Real world would have already had a predator taking out the jeep before the insertion, plus Delta runs 6 man teams. But wouldnt use less than 12 on this kind of grunt style attack. There would also be two teams of overwatch snipers on both sides of the hills. Remember the Taliban stink as fighters and would never repeat never attack they like to hide in the shadows and wait for you to pass by them, they also like tripwires everywhere, mines and alot of morters. Of course this could be the navy seal Taliban who has NV and attacks.

Yeah, I was going to go with 6 but then decided 4. Regarding the Taliban and NV... None of the enemies in the mission are equiped with NV goggles, it's the searchlight;) Thats why I put it in there to search the whole perimiter, so it makes it tougher.

I have to agree that this mission is tough, especially if you are going in alone. I myself have not even beaten the mission without using commands for invunrability (for testing purposes) and I'm the mission maker lol

BUT, this is what I was going for when designing the mission, Hardcore! I like the enemy to give a good fight.

Regarding the jeep, I may change something with that in the next version (maybe). Thanks for the feedback:)

Edited by Guest

Hello!

@ocgamer

I don't mean to sound too critical or anything, as I'm no expert. They are rescuing hostages, doesn't sound like something they would send in grunts to do - in fact, it seem not totally unlikely that they would send in a unit that specializes in direct action, and counter-terrorism.

I totally agree however with you on the equipment. Some smoke would be good. And the gunner in the vehicle, but I don't think he has NV goggles, it is after all pretty light outside. The AI is broken when it comes to gunnery from vehicles (too accurate imo). Maybe set his skill a bit lower?

@Acelondoner

I haven't tried it much, but so far it's been very enjoyable, so thank you! Even as a "1-man-team", but when I get to the hostages I don't get any action/radio to get them with me. Is this intentional? Do I have to do something magical (ie. kill all the enemies? - if so it would be great with a hint popping up when you get there saying something like "too dangerous to extract with hostages, try to kill some more dudes".

Kind Regards

Melvin

Edited by MelvinNor
tired

Hello!

@Acelondoner

I haven't tried it much, but so far it's been very enjoyable, so thank you! Even as a "1-man-team", but when I get to the hostages I don't get any action/radio to get them with me. Is this intentional? Do I have to do something magical (ie. kill all the enemies? - if so it would be great with a hint popping up when you get there saying something like "too dangerous to extract with hostages, try to kill some more dudes".

Kind Regards

Melvin

Hi Melvin,

You have to get within 4m of them and they will then join your squad. You don't have to kill all the enemies or anything like that.

Hi Melvin,

You have to get within 4m of them and they will then join your squad. You don't have to kill all the enemies or anything like that.

I was standing on top of them... Does the entire team have to be within 4m?

No, only one person has to be next to them. I'm guessing your playing it in single player? If so, they won't join as the mission is designed for multiplayer. I might look into making it single player compatible in the future.

TIP: You can always set up a lan game and play by yourself, the mission will fully work that way and it will still be like playing in single player:)

No, only one person has to be next to them. I'm guessing your playing it in single player? If so, they won't join as the mission is designed for multiplayer. I will look into making it single player compatible maybe.

TIP: You can always set up a lan game and play by yourself, the mission will fully work that way and it will still be like single player:)

Fair enough :) Was just giving it a quick test in single player. Didn't think it would trigger only in MP!

Well thanks again.

Melvin

I have to agree that this mission is tough, especially if you are going in alone.

Well I have to admit it kept me hyperventilizing at times :p

I was pinned down in a building, enemy kept swarming in from all directions (they attack really agressively) and I couldn´t barely move an inch without bullets zippin by closely :D

In the end I had to change between my teammates all the time (wanted the whole team to stay alive) to wipe the town (tbh some quicksaving had to be done, too ;)).

Sad though that the captives didn´t follow me after all this blood, sweat´n tears, will play the updated mission again :)

ps maybe you could add some more weapons to choose from

Glad your enjoying it ST:)

It seems that you all want more weapons so that is what I will add in the next version as well as some smoke grenades etc.

I will also do something about the jeep (Not quite sure on what yet). If there is anything else you would like to see in the mission, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

No nukes please:p

Delta Rescue updated to Ver1.2! Check first post for changleog etc.

Delta rescue updated to ver1.3, fixed major bug with player spawn.

Edited by Guest

Dear missioncreator!

First of all this map isnt really a mp mission. There are just a few units in the town and even the reinforcement is more than ridiculously. But what makes it even more horrible is the fact that you updatet your mission 3 times until it was playable. Sry mate you should do some more practice before broadcast your missions to the publicity.

Dont take this offensive its just my personal opinion. Keep practicing and show us some better missions in the future ...

Dear missioncreator!

First of all this map isnt really a mp mission. There are just a few units in the town and even the reinforcement is more than ridiculously. But what makes it even more horrible is the fact that you updatet your mission 3 times until it was playable. Sry mate you should do some more practice before broadcast your missions to the publicity.

Dont take this offensive its just my personal opinion. Keep practicing and show us some better missions in the future ...

Hello

I disagree, I played one of the first released with no problems (other than what was my own fault). That he keeps updating them based on feedback is a good thing in my opinion.

It appears to me that you complain about the numbers of enemies, how can he learn what most people think is right if he never releases his missions and get feedback?

To be honest with you, your post is the opposite of what I was expecting from this community. We all have our different opinions, but telling someone to not release their stuff is in my book harsh and uncalled for.

Regards

Melvin

Dear missioncreator!

And all your missions are mind blowing and working right from release... Oh wait I see you haven't released any mission so far.

Everyone can release his missions at any time, whenever he wants and in whatever state because he gets nothing, nil, zero for it.

In return he can at least expect constructive criticism, not bashing.

And all your missions are mind blowing and working right from release... Oh wait I see you haven't released any mission so far.

Everyone can release his missions at any time, whenever he wants and in whatever state because he gets nothing, nil, zero for it.

In return he can at least expect constructive criticism, not bashing.

So thats what i earn if i share my opinion? really great forums here and yes i have helped to release a mission here ... oh ye and wait we didnt updated it 3 times .. so please if you dont wanna read my feedback delete my post or ban my account because thats not really what i would like to call "free expression" thanks

You seem to be under the impression that these forums are a democracy. ;)

Now, please, if you don't have any constructive criticisms to make, you've already stated your opinion so may I ask you stop littering it with further posts.

Added a new mission (Infestation). So I guess you could call this a bump;)

Just to add, my missions do not fully work on dedicated servers as I found out today. They only work on player hosted servers;)