Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Dust CTI

DustCTI.png

Update version 1.2: Backpack into crates was killing server after a few updates - simple fix was removing backpacks.

Update version 1.2: Player may buy empty vehicle. Added two BW mod missions on Celle and Takistan maps.

Update version 1.1: Fixed Invasion Mode start and adjusted some JIP issues.

Dust CTI is a 'true' Conquer The Island in terms of Victory as there are no base on either side making victory achieved by controlling all towns.

Buying vehicles is done at towncenters or each towns local factories which are being built automatically allowing players to concentrate on tactics and manouver.

The Server Admin/Host may reduce the region of the conflict from all map down to only 6 towns also being singleplayer default.

Read more in the documentation to be found in the ingame map menu.

Most versions require both Arma2 and Arrowhead - try'n'error to see if it works if you have an A2 or OA only install.

(EagleDesert verified OK for OA standalone)

Pack consists of 5 major versions on different islands:

• Cold War with US Marines versus Russian Guards Division
  • Coalitions with most factions depending on map type
  • Eagle Desert with US Army versus Takistan Army
  • Hexagon with French Infantry versus Chedakis/Takistan depending on map type
  • Invasion 1944 with US/British Army versus German Army default in Invasion mode (west)

There is also three "special edition" missions:

• Mujahideen with Takistan Guerilla versus Russian Guards default in Invasion mode (east)
  • CWR with "Cold War Rearmed 2 - Winter" mod on Winter Kolgujev.
  • Bundeswehr with BW mod on Celle and Takistan maps.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

red side crashes when they try and join on the chernarus vanilla one

Thanks T-Rex, as with all my releases it all runs ok (a week this time) until I put them out in public - JIP is under re-work trying to fix the Invasion mode start-up problem.

@Sleep - looking into it as we speak.

we couldnt get this mission to work right, the main issue bieng it put way too much strain on the server. in 5 minutes its unplayable

I second that, dedicated server framerates nose dived to single digits on Dust - Eagle, Desert Zargabad.

...Syn...

I had that same issue in 1.0 - you guys got zero fps on server on 1.1 too (if so 1.2 too will not work for you)?

Edit: Ok, found whats killing server - backpacks into crates - totally missed this as I rarely play Takistan but prefer Chernarus and addon maps (not using OA factions having backpacks in loadout script). Backpacks removed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

I'm going to go ahead and ask a dumb question:

I'm firing up a game with me + all AI, just for testing. If I die, I get a beautiful wide-angle view of the island, and absolutely no way to respawn. If I bring up the menu and hit "respawn", it just displays a message that I've died.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Tried with some basic mods on, Invasion '44, and totally vanilla CO. Coalition and I44 maps.

Edited by phertiker

@Hotzenplotz

Everon 2010 is in the pack for Coalitions, Cold War, Hexagon and Invasion 1944.

Just for listing these maps/islands are included one way or another:

Utes

Cherarus

Takistan

Zargabad

Shapur

Proving Grounds

Tropica

Podagorsk

Celle

Lingor

Namalsk

Japahto

Thirsk

Isola Di Capraia

Winter Kolgujev

Everon 2010

Kolgujev 2010

@phertiker

Sounds like you run the mission in singleplayer. It's recommended to at least run a passworded LAN server solo for "singelplayer" for huge missions like CTI.

ODEN;1823986']

@phertiker

Sounds like you run the mission in singleplayer. It's recommended to at least run a passworded LAN server solo for "singelplayer" for huge missions like CTI.

Hi ODEN-

Yeah, I'm running it like you recommend, on a LAN server...

Hmm another bug from me then I guess :D

I played several hours yesterday on Takistan - give me the exact name of the one failing respawn and I'll givit a quick try later today.

maybe I could change name here on the forums to 'theBug'?

/theOden

To be fair, as long as I stay alive on first spawn it's tons of fun! =]

My first try was DustInvasion1944.utes.

Second was DustCoalitions.utes.

I have the Steam versions of Arma 2, OA, BAF, and PMC running as CO. I'm using a launcher, though, since Steamworks seems to be removed since 1.56.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know. I took today off so I could play video games all day; I just stuffed my kids in a closet and took the phone off the hook. This game type is a BLAST and the closest thing I've found to World War 2 Online (which for some reason has lost it's charm for me...).

Ive just downloaded and started playing coldwar on chernarus. 3 things i've noticed is:

1 - The AI builds factories inside buildings.

2 & 3 - Fog can limit view distance to as little as 500 metres or less at times, maybe adding parameter to toggle view distance and/or weather as some players prefer to have a say on what the whether and view distance will be like.

Other than that am really enjoying this new form of warfare.

Edited by teaboy

@phertiker

Hmm, just tried Coalitions on Utes as 1st slot US Marines. Waited 30 secs then pressed escape/respawn and I got the "select spawn town" ok - pressed left/right arrowkey a few times and then enter to spawn in a town near the frontline.

After that I decided to charge the russians, despite not playing british, in my rusty Lada (I actually stole it from someone) and the russians didn't surrender to my mighty assault but shot me in the head multiple times - same respawn sequence worked again.

Did you wait the 10 seconds for respawn script to activate (you know, that feature I never told anyone and actually didn't include in the documentation - haha I suck)?

Edit: btw - download the pack again to make sure you have the latest 1.2 - I'm abit sneaky at times updating small stuff not telling anyone (after all I make this mission for me and my son to play).

@teaboy

Building factories starts with trying to find an open spot inside the "green" town circle and when it fails it will just slap it in on a random spot and as such they once in a while endup in a less favourable position, such as inside buildings or - IMO - even worse on a road making ai-drivers go nuts.

Fog is part of the alternating weather and only occurs during early morning hours - if you dislike it (and many do) just pop the mission start time in "parameters" to 8 or 9 am.

Besides that the mission does not change any viewDistance unlike CTI/Warfare missions usually do.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

ODEN;1823986']@Hotzenplotz

Everon 2010 is in the pack for Coalitions' date=' Cold War, Hexagon and Invasion 1944.

Just for listing these maps/islands are included one way or another:

Utes

Cherarus

Takistan

Zargabad

Shapur

Proving Grounds

Tropica

Podagorsk

Celle

Lingor

Namalsk

Japahto

Thirsk

Isola Di Capraia

Winter Kolgujev

Everon 2010

Kolgujev 2010

@phertiker

Sounds like you run the mission in singleplayer. It's recommended to at least run a passworded LAN server solo for "singelplayer" for huge missions like CTI.[/quote']

It's nice to read, thanks for the information.

Greez Hotze

ODEN;1824023']@teaboy

Building factories starts with trying to find an open spot inside the "green" town circle and when it fails it will just slap it in on a random spot and as such they once in a while endup in a less favourable position' date=' such as inside buildings or - IMO - even worse on a road making ai-drivers go nuts.

Fog is part of the alternating weather and only occurs during early morning hours - if you dislike it (and many do) just pop the mission start time in "parameters" to 8 or 9 am.

Besides that the mission does not change any viewDistance unlike CTI/Warfare missions usually do.[/quote']

Thanks Oden, yeah i started with the default mission time but as you said, as time goes on the fog does get better.

ODEN;1824023']

Edit: btw - download the pack again to make sure you have the latest 1.2 - I'm abit sneaky at times updating small stuff not telling anyone (after all I make this mission for me and my son to play).

That must've been it. Thanks! This game mode is all kinds of fun.

Is there a way to squad up with other humans?

I feel like I accidentally did that in Domination once. It would be a wicked mechanic in these maps, too.

These are really fun missions and lots of islands to play on too, so thanks very much for that!

Unfortunately I am having the chronic lag problem that kicks in after 5 mins (usually around the time the heavy factories are being built) on many missions. It seems to be any missions that have anything to do with Operation Arrow head or BAF/PMC.

So far of the ones I have tested:

Heavy Lag after 5 mins:

DustEagleDesert.Zargabad.pbo

DustEagleDesert.Takistan.pbo

DustCoalitions.Celle.pbo

DustCoalitions.IsolaDiCapraia.pbo - Just overly laggy, never smoothed out from beginning.

Seemed ok:

DustColdWar.Celle.pbo

DustCoalitions.Everon2010.pbo

Any possibility we could get the laggy missions fixed? Or is there a way I could fix them myself perhaps?

Anyway, thanks again for all these missions, they are a lot of fun and an interesting take on the CTI game mode.

Edited by -=seany=-

More probs unfortunately. I tried a mission on LAN with a mate and after a short while I lost the menu command "Request units". I also got the bug where when you die you don't respawn, you just see a wide field of view camera shot, and that's it.

ODEN's answer to this last spawn bug is :

ODEN;1823986']@phertiker Sounds like you run the mission in singleplayer. It's recommended to at least run a passworded LAN server solo for "single player" for huge missions like CTI.

This just means it's best to run the mission through multiplayer, right? Not that you have to use a Dedicated server or something?

Damn shame, these missions seem great but are pretty much unplayable :/. Does anyone else who plays them know of any in the list that work with out probs?