Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD 40MM Beta

I'm going to release this as beta because I want some overall feedback on it.

BD 40MM (Beta)

Makes some changes to the 40mm grenade launchers in OA, and adds two new 40x46mm launcher rounds:

-M576 Buckshot

-Fictional chemical round (very lethal)

Doesn't add any new units, so check the readme for the ammo classnames; you'll need to add them in the editor. Also see the readme for more info (just read it).

Readme

+===========+

| BD 40MM Beta |

+===========+

Author:

======

Big Dawg KS

Credits:

-------

Big Dawg KS - config/scripts/art

Changelog:

=========

Beta

-----

Beta release

Description:

===========

This addon adds several new ammo types for the 40mm grenade launchers in OA, as well as some changes to the launchers themselves.

Changes:

--------

I've added an additional optic mode for all the grenade launchers that has the sights directly aligned with the muzzle. There are two reasons for this: use of direct fire rounds (such as mentioned below) and it fixes the AI's aim since it is the default optic mode. I've also modified the GL cursor to allow for easier direct fire aiming.

Ammo Types:

-----------

So far there are two new types of ammo for the M203 based (40x46mm) GL.

Buckshot:

Supposed to represent the M576 Buckshot round, fires several buckshot pellets. Should be used with direct fire and at close range against personnel. There's a 1 round and 6 round magazine (for the M32):

"BD_1Rnd_Buckshot_M203"

"BD_6Rnd_Buckshot_M203"

Chemical:

Deploys a lethal chemical agent. The chemical properties I just made up and the round itself is fictional. The round does not detinate on impact, but has about a 6 second fuse, at which point it detinates in a small puff of white vapor. The actual chemical cloud is nearly invisible, though it gives off heat and can be seen in TI. It lasts for about 45 seconds and disperses within about 20m, though the wind can blow it all over the place and proximity to the gas can still cause some exposure. The gas kills very quickly, and even limited exposure can cause injury. When the player is exposed, there are some very noticable effects (you'll definately know you've been exposed). There's a 1 round and 6 round magazine:

"BD_1Rnd_Chem_M203"

"BD_6Rnd_Chem_M203"

Known Issues:

------------

-The direct fire sights for the Mk13, M79 and M32 aren't correct, but are included because it fixes the AI's aim.

-The M576 round has no appropriate firing sound (just sounds like a grenade launch).

-When firing the M576 from an underbarrel GL, the rifle's muzzle flash goes off.

Multiplayer:

===========

MP behavior is largely unknown. It seemed to work well in the one test I did so far, but there are reasons for concern.

Requirements:

===========

Requires v1.56 or greater of Operation Arrowhead.

Disclaimer:

==========

I am not responsible for ANYTHING that happens to your computer by using this addon. Use at your own risk.

Installation:

============

Install the pbo & bisign files into the Addons folder in your ArmA 2/OA directory or any mod directory. Install the bikey file in your Keys directory.

Download

Mediafire [135KB]

And remember to post some comments, I'm looking for feedback. :cool:

Nice dude. One question, will you be able to be protected from the chemical rounds with a gas mask like you are with the CS gas in Ace Mod?

Keep up the great work. :yay:

Nice dude. One question, will you be able to be protected from the chemical rounds with a gas mask like you are with the CS gas in Ace Mod?

Keep up the great work. :yay:

Oh yea I forgot to document that. You can use the BD_Chem_ChemResistant unit variable. Give it a value between 0 and 1, 0 being completely unprotected and 1 being immune. Ex:

player setVariable ["BD_Chem_ChemResistant",0.7]

You could then write a script for the gas mask logic that sets this variable.

Units inside of tanks are also safe from exposure.

For me, this is quite an exciting add-on, and one I've wanted for some time, so thanks for your work.

I won't get time to try it out for at least a few days, unfortunately, or I'd give some user feedback.

Sweet Dog. You struck gold again. Any chance you could expand the chemical rounds to arty and air dropped weapons?

Sweet Dog. You struck gold again. Any chance you could expand the chemical rounds to arty and air dropped weapons?

Perhaps I will move the chemical stuff to a seperate addon and create a whole range of weapons to deploy it. But keep the ideas coming, community feedback is why I released this beta.

this is what we've done with the gas mod BD

hope you like it!