Sign in to follow this  
abs

Star Trek Addons

Hey!

So if you follow the WIP thread at all, then you'll know that I've been working on some Star Trek addons in my spare time.

Despite having been in the modding scene in some form or another since the start of OFP, I don't have all the skills necessary to see a project through the pipeline. This just means that making addons takes a little bit longer as it's no longer just about creating something, but it's also about learning everything I need to know to get something in-game.

Lately I've been working on getting the shuttle into the game. It's been a long and arduous task to get this bird to even fly, but I finally did it!

But it flies like a brick. See the vid for a demo.

m3dsYXe0Spg

If anyone can give me advice on how to get this thing to fly a bit more realistically, I'd really appreciate it. Right now it stalls at the slightest turn, and when auto-hovering, it tends to lean heavily in any given direction...notably forward. I'm going to put working on the flight model on hold until I get some advice from anyone, because I'm just glad it flies for now. In the meantime, I'm going to work on animating the landing gear.

If you want a closer view of the shuttle, check out this vid. :)

ZwUGgo-mCsc

For the first phase of this project, I will be releasing three addons. Below you'll find a status report.

Starfleet Crewman:

Model (LOD0): 100% complete.

Textures: 40% complete.

Geometry: 100% complete.

Memory Points: 100% complete.

Shadow: 100% complete.

Weighting: 100% complete. A giant THANK YOU is owed to StalkerGB.

Config: 100% complete.

Shuttlecraft Galileo:

Texture (Exterior): 100% complete.

Texture (Interior, LOD0): 85% complete.

View Pilot/Gunner/Cargo: 100% complete.

Geometry: 80% complete, tweaking required.

Memory Points: 30% complete. I have no clue what I'm doing here.

Shadow: 0% complete.

Animations (cargo, driver): 0% complete.

Config: 50% complete.

Type 2 Hand Phaser

Config: 95% complete. (I just want to try to make the muzzle flash light the area around it blue; this will not stop/delay release.)

Gear Picture: 100% complete.

Type 3 Hand Phaser

Config: 95% complete. (I just want to try to make the muzzle flash light the area around it blue; this will not stop/delay release.)

Animation: 90% complete.

Gear Picture: 100% complete.

All percentages are approximations and completely meaningless except for the items marked 100%.

If anybody doesn't like the textures that they see here, and think that they can do better, by all means, I will send you the PSD and you can show me what you can do. ;) I'm totally open to that.

Anyway, I'm off to work on the model.cfg file. See ya guys around.

Abs

STA2 Logo UFP emblem is made by Bracer, and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.

Edited by Abs
Updated the project status.

I'd help out with the crew dude if you want , im back by new years

From my vacation ..

Looks great , I love sci fi stuff for a change

I'd help out with the crew dude if you want ' date=' im back by new years

From my vacation ..

Looks great , I love sci fi stuff for a change[/quote']

Sounds awesome, Fox! Let me know when you're back, and I'll send you the relevant files I have for the crewman. Enjoy your vacation. :)

Abs

Looking good. I love the phaser. This will be good for toasting Star Trek zombies. I'll check my driv and see if I still have some aliens laying around. I had a few good ones for ARMA that I never did anything much with.

This is looking like it's going to be one cool mod

We have Stargate, Star Wars and now Star trek

So much sci-fi :)

Thanks mates! Proto, yea, I'd love to see what you came up with. Get back to me to let me know! :)

Abs

Maybe they can dance like this? ;)

a-dxzRjRU-E

Abs

celeh.jpg

Stardate 22011.1

Work continues here at the Federation Shipyards on Earth. We had been having some low atmosphere flight performance issues with the Type F shuttles, and as such we had to contract out some of the work to Icewindo Industries. Their initial results show much promise, and we are currently awaiting further performance upgrades. It's good to know that the shuttles no longer list to one side and crash on the planet like they did during initial test flights.

Recruit training has picked up the pace at Starbase Fox '09. We have been informed by the Commodore of the station that the men were not up to par, and that he would be working on a new training regimen for them with the hopes of having them graduating as the best Starfleet officers they can be.

As some of the work has been outsourced away from Earth, this has freed up some of my time to work on other issues that also need attention. I haven't made note of this in my log up until now, but the refit of the U.S.S. Enterprise is coming along smoothly. Today was her first test flight, and the results were impressive. I've included a holo-image here that was taken of us as we flew by the Jupiter Defence Station.

arma2oa2011020118540815.jpg

Currently, work on the ship's main body has been completed, with much of the nacelle work being done today. We are in the process of painting her with the usual Starfleet markings, and installing a few missing lights and door hatches. Her weapons have not been installed yet, and we are expecting delivery of her phaser banks and photon torpedo launchers at some point next week.

With the planned upgrades, those Klingons won't know what hit 'em!

End recording.

Abs

Edited by Abs
fix'd :)

Abs you fkn legend.

I had no idea about this till I saw you pics in the pic thread.

You boldly go you! You boldly go.

If you make a Deanna Troi unit I'll have your babies

:butbut:

Good luck with it all Chief.

Grub out.

"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,"

Beautiful :)

Although, to be historically correct... (yeah, I'm horrible, I know)... You should have written that the Enterprise is undergoing a refit, not that it's being built. Why? Because it looked a lot different after it's completion (see early episodes and both pilots for reference)

a lot taller bridge module

Red bussard collectors with spikes

Black stripes next to the nav lights

no 'bulbs' on the nacelles' exhaust

enterprise4.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070515173042/startrek/images/9/90/Enterprise_Pike_spacedock.jpg

May I ask what's the ingame size of this beauty?

And; as a certain alien race has been mentioned in your log... ...does it mean a planned D-7

Her weapons have not been installed yet, and we are expecting delivery of her phaser banks and photon torpedo launchers at some point next week.

Let me guess...tuesday, right? :D

Myke;1847525']Let me guess...tuesday' date=' right? :D[/quote']

Bet she has no tractorbeam or medical staff either :D:D:D

Hahahah...you guys are awesome. :D Myke, thanks to you, I'm now going to try to finish the weapons by Tuesday!

Yea, I meant refit, but I had been staring at this all day and just wanted to get the update out. :)

(Here's another secret...the Stardate is fake too! Shhh!)

You boldly go you! You boldly go.

If you make a Deanna Troi unit I'll have your babies

I think the first line here is the funniest thing I've ever read! ...and unfortunately Troi falls outside of the scope of this project, fortunately for you, because for a man to have babies is really really tough. ;)

Beautiful

Thanks. :)

Although, to be historically correct...

May I ask what's the ingame size of this beauty?

And; as a certain alien race has been mentioned in your log... ...does it mean a planned D-7

:) Yea, I always liked the refit better than the pilot one...I hated those spikes.

There are two sizes...One is life-sized, but has some issues, and the one in the screenshot is about 24 meters in length. The life sized one will hopefully be used to launch missions via shuttlecraft, and the smaller was made yesterday to test whether or not combat will be possible...somehow. I still need a viable map for this, so we will see.

As for your D7 question....well, one phase at a time. I still want to release the phaser, shuttle, and crewman first.

Topas...all you see right now is just the model and the _CA texture...when I'm done working on the texture, can I send this to you so that you can try to get the lights to...well, light up? I know it takes some sort of texture, but my skills are still kinda stuck in the OFP days. :/ I'd appreciate the help!

Abs

Edited by Abs

(Here's another secret...the Stardate is fake too! Shhh!)

Fake? C'mon... now this is a showstopper for sure and want's me to drop all interest in this mini-mod... it's so unrealistic :j:

:D

Semi-fake....I did hide yesterdays date in there. ;)

Abs

Whats going on with the star trek add ons? are these part of the/a game yet?

cheers,

anthony

Whats going on with the star trek add ons? are these part of the/a game yet?

cheers,

anthony

Apart from the crewman in the first post, everything you see is in-game. The screenshot of the Enterprise is sailing against the starry night sky in ArmA2.

My update was given in the Chief Engineer's Log in a manner more creative than usual (or so I'd like to think), but the updates are there. ;)

Abs

unfortunately Troi falls outside of the scope of this project, fortunately for you, because for a man to have babies is really really tough. ;)

Aw, original is still good, no complaints here.

I suppose its a good thing, I realised I had bitten off more than I could chew when I said that. Still, interesting experiment...

...and unfortunately Troi falls outside of the scope of this project

well, nothing is impossible in the trek universe, is it? ;)

Plus, each of the series had a TOS episode :)

, and tng

Hey Abs, do you have a warp drive functionality for the Enterprise? :)

Imagine the size of the map lol

You'd need to create systems light years apart.