Sign in to follow this  
celery

Unlimited ammo made simple!

I just thought I'd share this. :)

Put this in the init field of the desired unit:

this addEventHandler ["Fired",{[_this select 0,getNumber (configFile/"CfgAmmo"/(_this select 4)/"explosive")] spawn {if (_this select 1==1) then {sleep 0.75};_this select 0 setVehicleAmmo 1}}]

And it will have unlimited ammo with no need to reload, no scripts or anything else required! Works on vehicles, too. There is a check for explosive ammo to limit the full auto spammage of rocket and grenade launchers, but the sleep time can be edited or deleted. :p

this addEventHandler ["Fired",{(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}]

Yes, that is the simple version. The one in the first post is an all-purpose one that takes launchers into account.

yes, sorry, i didnt get it first. so without the explosives ammo check people could use grenade launchers like gatling guns? never tried that before, must be pretty cool ^^

is there a way to put this on trigger for only active player (me) and not my other unit?

i created a mission i don't want to put this script to every units cause i don't want them can use unlimited ammo when i'm not playing them so a trigger like radio call could be useful

is there a way to put this on trigger for only active player (me) and not my other unit?

i created a mission i don't want to put this script to every units cause i don't want them can use unlimited ammo when i'm not playing them so a trigger like radio call could be useful

// This is used in the init of the unit in the mission.
this addEventHandler ["Fired",{(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}];

// This is used to add the eventhandler at a later time.
_unitname addEventHandler ["Fired",{(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}];

Thanks for sharing Celery...and Bon as well for his little snippet!

I just thought I'd share this. :)

Put this in the init field of the desired unit:

this addEventHandler ["Fired",{[_this select 0,getNumber (configFile/"CfgAmmo"/(_this select 4)/"explosive")] spawn {if (_this select 1==1) then {sleep 0.75};_this select 0 setVehicleAmmo 1}}]

And it will have unlimited ammo with no need to reload, no scripts or anything else required! Works on vehicles, too. There is a check for explosive ammo to limit the full auto spammage of rocket and grenade launchers, but the sleep time can be edited or deleted. :p

Why isn't this working for me? When I click on OK, another box appears with nothing but another OK button, and then I click on that, and I'm still on the menu to edit the unit.

I'm trying to get a vehicle to respawn with infinite ammo. I'm using http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080#comments Can't figure out how to get

to stick in the vehicle init after it respawns. This is the full code I'm trying to use

veh = [this, 1, "this addEventHandler [""Fired"",{(_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1}]"] execVM "vehicle.sqf" 

Hi mate... the instructions there say ...

If you you want to set the INIT field of the respawned vehicle, first set all other

values, then set INIT commands. Those must be inside quotations.

Like this:

veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, FALSE, "this setDammage 0.5"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

So..I think you need to do exactly that.... fill out all the missing fields (in red) and it might work.

Hi mate... the instructions there say ...

If you you want to set the INIT field of the respawned vehicle, first set all other

values, then set INIT commands. Those must be inside quotations.

Like this:

veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, FALSE, "this setDammage 0.5"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

So..I think you need to do exactly that.... fill out all the missing fields (in red) and it might work.

The problem is that since he chose quotes to surround the object being passed, the "interpreter" or whatever you want to call it, screws up when it comes across the second quotation mark. I will highlight where I am talking about.

veh = [this, 10, 120, 0, TRUE, FALSE, "this addEventHandler ["Fired",{[_this select 0,getNumber (configFile/"CfgAmmo"/(_this select 4)/"explosive")] spawn {if (_this select 1==1) then {sleep 0.75};_this select 0 setVehicleAmmo 1}}]"] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

The error I get says "missing ]"

Any help would be appreciated. I am new to all this scripting, but would it be possible to concatenate that whole thing into a string variable, then would the following work?

veh = [this, 10, 120, 0, TRUE, FALSE, "this addEventHandler [sTRING_VARIABLE]"] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

Quotes within quotes need to be double quotes eg "whatever ;hint ""example"";" or replace the internal quotes with ' eg "whatever ;hint 'example';"

I prefer single as it's easier to read.

veh = [this, 10, 120, 0, TRUE, FALSE, "this addEventHandler ['Fired',{[_this select 0,getNumber (configFile/'CfgAmmo'/(_this select 4)/'explosive')] spawn {if (_this select 1==1) then {sleep 0.75};_this select 0 setVehicleAmmo 1}}]"] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

how would i go about making a rocket launcher full auto from a debug in game on A3 cause i want to mess around with friends, i know this is the wrong place to post it however i cant make new threads and there is no related threads in A3

Execute this code from debug console:

(vehicle player) addEventHandler ["Fired", {_ammo = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> (_this select 5) >> "count"); (_this select 0) setAmmo [_this select 1, _ammo]}];