Sign in to follow this  
VanhA-ICON

co23 Cor Blimey [BAF-CO]

Ello ello gents!

After some struggling I finally got my christmas present for the community ready:

co23 Cor Blimey v1.4

Changes in 1.4:

*Optimized task variable usage

Changes in 1.3:

*Taskmaster changed as default BI scripting

*Tank formation behaviour and formation changed

*Small fixes

Changes in 1.2:

*New mortar script by arthur666

*1 tank added to formation

*Taskmaster changed as taskmaster2 to better handle the created tasks

*Tank crew access re-enabled with working solution

*Small marker fixes

Changes in 1.1:

*Changed mortar script to a modified version

*Tank formation moved closer and without convoy script (suspected lag source)

*Adjusted timing between actions at beginning

*FIXED: Tank was unaccessible

Requirements:

*Arma 2 + OA

*BAF

(Made with 1.60)

Download from my repository

Features:*Revive by norrin *[R3F] Logistics *FOB Stryker base *Aerial transport

Story/background:

US forces are preparing to hand over the guarding of a FOB Stryker to a unit of the Royal Engineers.

The situation has been stable for some time after a ceasefire was successfully agreed with the Takistani forces.

However, tensions are still high as the local militant leaders have refused to take part in negotiations.

Militants have opium routes which pass through the area and shipment confiscations made by the US have stricken a deep wound.

Your team from the RE regiment arrives at a time where the majority of US personel have left the camp and a chopper carrying the last of the HQ personnel is about to take off.

Report to the CO of the camp and he’ll hand over the necessary documents to complete the transfer.

A second unit of Royal Engineers are expected to arrive in 2 days. Secure the camp in preparation for their arrival

CorB.jpg

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

- BIS/BIA for their great simulators.

- JTF-2 & ICON squad for test assistance

- objectsmover by Shuko

- Revive /aerial taxi by norrin

- Logistics by [R3F] madbull

- Small missile script by Kylania

- Mortar by arthur666

- FOB template by Ei8ght

- 3D parse text by Karel Moricky and SaOk

- Also thanks to Buliwyf for solving the crew issue.

:)

I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had pain making it, lol

VanhA

Edited by VanhA-ICON
new version

i uploaded the mission you attached to my server,sadly its not working/loading on a MPserver

might have a look into that issue and fix it ... i´m eagerly waiting for it

cheers

*edit*

noticed 2 more of my "older" missions show the same behaviour,you know if having a custom island added to the server affects missions?

in my case i got Fallujah and Lingor loaded @ server

guess i need to check my server logs

Edited by TheScar

*edit*

noticed 2 more of my "older" missions show the same behaviour,you know if having a custom island added to the server affects missions?

in my case i got Fallujah and Lingor loaded @ server

guess i need to check my server logs

Well m8, all I can say that this worked just fine on a server which had neither.(Fallujah & Lingor)

Try taking them off one by one and then try.

Warning Message: Sie können diese Mission nicht spielen/bearbeiten, da sie auf heruntergeladenen Inhalten basiert, die gelöscht wurden

camp_armory_misc_concrete_wall, camp_armory_misc_loudspeakers, camp_armory_misc_red_light

that looks to be the issue,judging by logs ... funny thing,it works on my hosted server,but not on my rented server

gotta hate sucky patching ...

New 1.1 version released.

Changelog in top post.

(Thank you Sapo for the feedback)

Hi

I played this mission the other day but never got past the second task.

We reported in and got the first task wich were completed but then nothing happens.

We waited for quite some time afterwards and killed off the last enemys, but we never got a task three.

This mission seems very nice and well made to me, so i would very much like to know what we have to do to proceed with it.

I played this in a small clan game and people liked but since we didnt know what to do we had to end it.

Can you give some clarification? Perhaps it is just us not having enough Patience:bounce3:

If you have time you could send me a PM if you dont want to post any spoilers here.

Cheers!:)

Hi Brewster Bufallo. That sounds odd.

The second task should come quite soon after finishing the first and the third will follow soon also. There is also a fourth task which should come only after 2nd & 3rd are complete.

The tasks are triggered with taskmaster and It usually works on dedicated just fine but locally causes some issues.

I'll have to re-check the whole thing when I have some time.

...these hidden objectives where so easy thing back in CWC, dangnaggit..

I'll PM you about the tasks more closely.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

BR

VanhA

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Hi VanhA

Thank you for your quick reply and PM

Ive asked the people i played with if they noticed the marker for the first task you mentioned in the PM, i didnt see it myself but ill see what they say.

I think we waited for at least ten minutes after the first task had finished, and i also checked the map for additional markers but saw none.

I hope you can get this in order soon, mission making is a pain sometimes:(.

Keep the good work up, looking forward to when it works as intended!:yay:

Cheers

Edit, we did play it on a dedicated server. Forgot to reply to that sorry

Hi VanhA

Thank you for your quick reply and PM

Ive asked the people i played with if they noticed the marker for the first task you mentioned in the PM, i didnt see it myself but ill see what they say.

I think we waited for at least ten minutes after the first task had finished, and i also checked the map for additional markers but saw none.

I hope you can get this in order soon, mission making is a pain sometimes:(.

Keep the good work up, looking forward to when it works as intended!:yay:

Cheers

Edit, we did play it on a dedicated server. Forgot to reply to that sorry

OK, thanks.

I'm just working on an updated 1.2 version. Trying to make one script to function.

I'm changing the tasksystem to be assigned with updated taskmaster2 so that should hopefully sort things out.

I already did some testing on our server and it seems fine.

.... now if I could get this one script to work.....

This version hopefully meets the standards again, haha.

Changes listed above as usual. (+ link)

:D

VanhA

Another excellent mission, altho we played 1.1 few minutes ago and killed the tanks got the mission succeeded thing then showed up later as failed when we were killing the warlords.

That might be the taskmaster doing some odd stuff.

Let's see if the new version of it keeps it together..

There is one thing to be aware of:

As I've set the task so that it is enough to immobilize or render them unable to fire, the repaired tanks should not be driven close to the base.

There is a "fail" trigger by the entrance which counts the presence of any of those tanks/crew members.

This was a bit complex mission to make so sorry about the flaws.

Glad you're enjoying it.

:ok:

VanhA

Not sure if its relevant but when we cleared the tanks we all moved to the warlord area and left the base unattended. Tanks were dead then mission ended as something got into the base.

Tried this last night and had good fun.

Nice to be defending rather than attacking for a change.

Just one thing, there aren't many AT weapons so imagine our delight when we found a TOW in a corner that could be collapsed into its tripod and launcher.

However we soon became frustrated because we could not re-assemble it.

Do you have any suggestions?

It can be a nuisance I know... I found this thread, maybe it helps:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101196&highlight=assemble+static+weapon

I sort of thought this mission to be long forgotten but if there's any interest I could do some fixing/upgrading on it.

And yes, there are some static weapons in one of the corners... you might be the first to discover them, hehe..

Since it uses the R3F script, instead of disassemble one can just move them around.

Edited by VanhA-ICON

We're very interested in any fixes and/or upgrades as we got our arses spanked repeatedly by the tanks (first we laid mines but couldn't find any AT weapons so got killed trying to immobilise them with 40mm grenades and anti-mat rifles). Then we found the AT but laid our mines too close to the FOB, allowing them to over-run us...

So we're going back into the breach next Wed.

BTW I was proud to tell the guys who the mod maker was. They LOVE that mission of yours where you leave the cinema in Chernarus and find the town invaded...

BTW thx for the link on how to assemble tripod weapons, or not...

OK, domokun.

Download the 1.3 version from the first post using "My repository" link.

Fixes mentioned in the post as well.

Here's a hint: Crew members can use the tank and have someone to move the TOW tripod at beginning from tha base to a secure position for the tanks.

You propably mean the mission "R&R gone bad" :D

Glad you guys like it.

Edited by VanhA-ICON