Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

HMMWV pack (WIP)

Hi everyone.

This is just a sneak peak of what's coming in the next update (for ArmA1 and ArmA2).

The base texture needs more detail added to it and I haven't made any door handles yet. I'm also going to make a desert-coloured turret enclosure for the final release.

I'll post more pics soon.

HMMWV_uparmour_01_104.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_101.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_102.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_103.jpg

I hope you don't forget to modify the windows. Would be funny having a heavily armored HMMWV where you can shoot the passengers through the windows ;)

I got bored of wrapping Christmas presents today so I decided to make the turret enclosure... and I may have done a few other things too.

- Turret enclosure

- Recoloured the shield

- Made specular and normal maps for the desert-coloured additions

- Modified the original BI normal map and removed the vents on the rear of the HMMWV. I also removed the lines that ran the length of the roof.

- Added a rear bumper (it's the one I made for the first HMMWV pack, but I'm gonna re-make it for the next release. It needs more detail).

- Repositioned the straps that hold the bags at the rear.

- Modified the the turret cupola and hatch to fit my armoured enclosure.

I still haven't made any door handles. I'll add them next :)

Here are four more pics for you guys...

HMMWV_uparmour_01_201.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_202.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_203.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_204.jpg

Here are a few more pics for you guys.

I decided to remove a lot of the old model detail and add some nice new stuff. The antenna, the jerry can, the orange panel and the single smoke-launcher were removed and as you can see, I've added three new redesigned smoke launchers, a hard antenna (borrowed from my Strykers) and two flexible antennae.

If you look closely you can see that I've bent the antennae slightly, to make them look a bit more used and abused. I also put some bullet-resistant glass on the turret, straps on the razor wire (so it looks tied to the bonnet/hood) and I lastly I added a bit more dirt to the door texture.

Stiltman put together a config file so we could test her out. I'll stop rambling so you can check out the pics:

HMMWV_uparmour_01_405.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_401.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_402.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_404.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_403.jpg

If you look at that last one, you'll notice the windows have taken a bit of a beating. Stiltman has tweaked the Fire Geometry and made the whole vehicle a bit stronger, so the gunner no longer gets nailed as soon as bullets start flying.

I still have more work to do (remaking that rear bumper) so expect more pics in the coming days.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Another update for you guys.

After I remade the rear bumper, I started work on the Mk19 variant of our HMMWV pack. It's basically the same as the old thin-skinned Humvee but with a few extra bits added.

I've tweaked the uparmoured texture: added & removed some dirt and made the base colour a bit less yellow. I also tinted the colour of the glass to make it look more like the bullet-resistant stuff that would be found on the real vehicle.

HMMWV_uparmour_01_601.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_604.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_603.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_602.jpg

This one isn't finished btw. I'll post more pics after I've added the finishing touches. After that, I start on the TOW variant.

Stay tuned for more updates.

It's just an early style of uparmoured Humvee, used before the M1151 was released:

041001A_0MPNUaaa.jpg

hmmwv_info_375.jpg

2175076.jpgUp-Armor.jpg

I like a bit of random variety. Plus NZXSHADOWS has already made a really good Uparmoured M1151 pack, so I thought I'd go for something that no one had made yet :)

I see. Aren't these armour personally welded by those soldiers? Maybe lower the armour value a bit?

Wow, you're doing a great job there. I'm a details kind of guy, and I like the thought you put into them. When you see photos of vehicles out there, they have all kinds of crap all over, but in ArmA--vehicles tend to look...bare? Like they were just shipped from a factory, only with some weathering added. But these look like they're actually used by soldiers. Nice attention to details man. Big fan already here! :D

I see. Aren't these armour personally welded by those soldiers? Maybe lower the armour value a bit?

I know the ones you mean. This is the Armour Survivability Kit (ASK) though. http://defense-update.com/products/a/ask.htm

We've only increased the armour value slightly btw: It's gone from 70 to 85. It's not much, but it's enough to give the feeling of added safety.

Wow, you're doing a great job there. I'm a details kind of guy, and I like the thought you put into them. When you see photos of vehicles out there, they have all kinds of crap all over, but in ArmA--vehicles tend to look...bare? Like they were just shipped from a factory, only with some weathering added. But these look like they're actually used by soldiers. Nice attention to details man. Big fan already here! :D

Thanks, Betsalel. Glad you like them :) I know what you mean about the factory-fresh look. I love making things look worn and used.

I'll be posting some new pics of the TOW variant soon btw.

Incredible work EA! You've got talent! Thanks!

I have a double-dose of pics you guys today: In-game screens of the MK19 variant; and a few WIP screens of the TOW variant in Oxygen.

Today, I decided to improve the wheel textures for these new versions I'm making (the previous thin-skinned Humvees will still have the black wheels btw). All I did was gave the hubs a subtle desert colour and dirtied up the treads & tyre walls.

HMMWV_uparmour_01_406.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_408.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_409.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_407.jpg

More pics to come...

And here's the TOW variant. I've only just started work on it so I will be adding more to it. I'll upload more pics as soon as possible.

Hope you like them...

HMMWV_uparmour_01_704.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_702.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_703.jpg

HMMWV_uparmour_01_701.jpg

AWESOME

I hope you will do a fabulous version of you and those beautiful stryker hmmvee for ARMA2

Quick update. We're almost ready to release the next version of the HMMWV pack. I'm just adding the finishing touches to the shadow LODs.

The TOW variant is up and running now, as you can see from the pics. I've made some extra bits of detail for all Humvees too: Combat Identification Panels (CIP) for the rear doors; 'sprayed on' unit markings for the front doors; and the black ventilation hole behind the front right tyre.

I've also made shadow objects for the bull-bars, rear bumper, jerry cans, external packs and hard antenna. As soon as I've made a few more things it'll be 100% complete and ready for release by the weekend.

HMMWV_11_04.jpg

HMMWV_11_02.jpg

HMMWV_11_05.jpg

HMMWV_11_03.jpg

HMMWV_11_06.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics. I'll post more when v1.1 of the HMMWV pack is ready for release.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work on these mate!