chopper.jpg

This is held on the island of UTES

there are 12 bases in total.

Its fast paced and does need team work to win the island over

it is very much like BattleField 2 Utes, But with more options

smarter AI and more effects.

dead.jpg

this can be played on both ARMA2 and OA , in OA you will get the

US and TK factions as well as there weapons and vehicles.

You can recruit AI into your group to help you on the way.

You can have the same amount of fun with one or many

players, The AI can do almost everything a Player can do Sometimes Better.

AI will use eveything on the map, All vehicles and Weapons they will also

fill the Gunner spots and cargo spots of a vehicle whether it is used by an

AI or Player.

They all look after themselves and will complete the mission without any help.

But its nice to have support .

Get to a base and stand close to it until the flag changes.

The Flag will not change if there is any Enemy close.

If you need a Gunner or Crew for your Vehicle. Just pull up near an AI thats on foot

and he will get in filling the Gunners spot first.

Feel free to jump in a AI's vehicle as a gunner as they already know what to do.

As you kill off the AI the Game will Spawn more to keep the selected amount on the island.

You select how many AI to be on each side in the Parameters menu.

You can also select thier skill level , Where they spawn from , How many vehicles spawn at each base. and if the Vehicles can respawn.

Time of day can be selected also.

To make it that little harder to win i added Air Support for the side that has only 1 base

left, Planes will come in and destroy as much of the winning side then leave.

Vehicles will respawn when they can no longer be used.

If you take over base 4 and base 5 you will also have planes at the airport while you

own those bases.

There is always intense action happening on the island somewhere.

The game play can change as each base is won or lost.

It is good for RAMBO/SNIPER/ACTION or STRATEGIC Team Game play.

Download MP BattleField 3 from OFPEC

Download SP BattleField 3 -- 3 Missions

Edited by Zonekiller

These missions look great. Gonna test the one above shortly.

Am having an issue on the first mission though in starting it,

can not play or edit for it is dependent on caweapons_ammoboxes?

Seems weird I usually get a similar message when I delete something from editing but have not recently.

EDIT: I posted this on the wrong thread, my bad. The issue I am having is for the its my oil mission.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Dang, needed combined ops, duh. Sometimes my brain doesn't work how it should.

Gonna test these both out.

Thanks

Edited by SpyderPB6

Alright so after spending something like 8-10 hours playing this with different parameters it is really a blast. I played it with three other people, we were on a team, AI on all sides at all times.

Possible bugs I did notice:

AI wont cap a base sometimes, while at the flag, and in the absence of enemy AI. This also effects human player, which also sometimes, for some reason, in the absence of an enemy player, can not cap a base.

Vehicles randomly make us get out and randomly disappear shortly after.

Respawn menu is tough to use, dragging the map on the menu is difficult because it autos back to your unit, or the one you are following, making it difficult to spawn. In addition clicking on a base to spawn is hit or miss, you really need to click all over to get it to work.

Thats about it really fun so far, gonna try it with Zeus AI soon and SLX when released.

Thanks,

Mike.

thanks Mike

for your input :)

With your possible bugs .

1/ AI wont cap a base sometimes --- check inside buildings and on roof tops as they para in some time they get stuck on a roof top , i will look into it further tho.

2/ Vehicles randomly make us get out , will look into that , did you have any AI in the vehicle ? if the vehicle has a AI driver it will kick out all cargo units when it gets close to a base.

3/ randomly disappear shortly after - all vehicles will respawn after 5 min if away from there start point and have no driver, , i will look into this also

4/ Respawn menu is tough to use - there is a help button on the menu which tells you how to disable the map moving " click automap if its green " and you can zoom into the base you want to spawn into by rolling your mouse wheel , and if you click inside the triangle "marker" you will always spawn correctly , if you click on the base before the count down has hit 0 you will spawn at that base as soon as it does hit 0.

The HELP is small but i do recommend reading it.

Thanks for your input :)

On #1, Ill check into the rooftops thing.

On #2 There were no AI's in the vehicles at the times this happened. It may have to do with switching to a gunner seat once in position, then the vehicle kicks us out and respawns.

On #4 Ill check that out more closely too.

-- Ive also noticed, though this isn't a bug that if you have a launcher and die, any rounds fired from that launcher won't respawn with you.

Thanks again.

Indeed we are, very impressed with the AI as well, great work.

I get an error trying to load the game says: "no player selected" then crashes to the scenario main menu. I selected my normal alais any thoughts never seen this error before.

Copy the SP to your missions folder and the MP to your MPmissions folder

How do you respawn or even end the game. Everytime I try to restart it continues on with the previous game which of course I cannot play because I cannot figure out how to respawn???? You click on the respawn button and nothing happens? Also why is the enemy at the beginning of the game already in your first bases? Seems kinda goofy as most meeting engagements start at the center of the map. I have yet to see any allies or friends well maybe thats because I cannot figure out how to start the game. Would you recommend deleting this game and reinstalling it to reset and start over as there doesnt seem to be a restart button.

Respawning is interesting at first once you get it down, it is simple.

Make sure automap is off (not green) scroll to a base owned by your team, or your main, zoom in and click on the base icon (inside the triangle for FOBs).

Should respawn you.

Ah I figured it out you have to click on a base but if you dont own a base then you must click on the last spawn area.

There is a simple HELP Button that will help you understand what all the buttons in respawn do

Click on Respawn and you should see just a map , to Respawn click in the marker of any base that is your colour.

I tried to make it like BattleField where you can only respawn at a base you have taken over or your home base.

If you want View options or want to change your weapon layouts Click on SHOW to see the full Respawn Menu

buttons are orange, when there active they turn green click them again to deactivate them , except view buttons which turn orange when you click a different view

If you dont want the units to be at the bases at the start turn off Quickstart at mission start menu or in MP in the params then all sides start at there home bases,

everytime you start the mission using Quickstart each side will own different bases as it fills them randomly. that feature is just to start the action quicker

you cant take over the enemys home base you just have to push them there and keep them there.

as you take over a base AI will use that base to spawn as well .

AI will spawn at any of the bases that there side own, randomly

the mission will try and keep the amount AI on the map that you selected at mission start

it will spawn 10 units at a time for each side. if that sides AI is lower than what was selected.

To win you must take over all the bases by slowly pushing the enemy back to there home bases

The AI can win this mission by themselves and the mission can last 20 minutes to 2 days.

when any side is down to one or less bases they get airsuppot come in and take out as many vehicles as they can for a few minutes to give them a fighting chance to regain some land. every time a new base is taken over. whith a max of 2 planes of there side in the air at any one time , not counting the planes that are found at the airport.

so watch out for that.

The new mission pack will be out soon with a add units to your group dialog as well as a few fixes.

Edited by Zonekiller

i have addressed all the issues and will be uploading a new update this week ,

there are quite a few changes and even more options,

@ Zonekiller

I wonder can you make "battlefield 3" for operation arrowhead only for your map? Thank if can really do it for those OA users over here as we wanna to play on the map..

Just buy original arma2 as well ... then you have the best of both worlds !

i have addressed all the issues and will be uploading a new update this week ,

there are quite a few changes and even more options,

Do you have any sort of ETA on this? I love this mission and can't wait for the next update!

Tried to play this with a friend on my LAN at the weekend and we couldn't get the respawn button to do anything, so it was rather a short game!

Nevermind, I just read the post on the previous page. I'll have another go and see if I can work out what we were doing wrong (I did try clicking on various places on the map).

Edited by doveman