Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

PlaymakerStudios: 75th Rangers

arma2oa2010112917393656.th.jpgarma2oa2010112917385660.th.jpg

To keep it short.

OscerMike and I have been working on these units.

Textures edits: OscerMike

They represent A-Stan Rangers in multicam.

The screens are showing the Rifleman and the Grenadier.

More screens to come...

Features & tweaks will be described later.

Models: Johannes SF.

This will be the last addon I make.

Edited by Nixo

Off topic: How did you make him walk with his gun in one arm?

Off topic: How did you make him walk with his gun in one arm?

Using ArmA 2 Animation code.

Hmm..I can't quite put my finger on it....but something seems "off" about the vests.

Hmm..I can't quite put my finger on it....but something seems "off" about the vests.

Tilt your head to the left. That'da Boy :D, they are Johnnys SF vests so don't look at us.

Yay! Second to that!

Little something that is called "color". ;]

I know I'm bitching about it in "every" thread, but Ranger is not a Ranger without the vest in Ranger Green. ;P

Max may have a point..maybe its the color of the vest...

Might its just the color thats off...The tan thats on the kneepads looks nice, try that color =D

It may also be the lighting as well, the colour was taken from a reference picture of a CIRAS vest so it should be spot on.

I have some small plans on maybe changing the molle on the ciras. Gotta check with the godfather (OM) But we'll see.

And the color is off most likely because of the lightning.

While you may be right about these guys being Rangers, this doesn't mean anything.

Pretty sure the ones on pics you posted are just exceptions (or even not Rangers) - 75th is issued with Ranger Green equipment - RLCS - which includes both CIRAS vest and some chest rig (forget the name again). Recently they "added" to this system few plate carriers and chest rigs but all in Ranger Green. Hope you get my point ;P

But neverthless - great addon.

It's just I was to deep in Regiment equipment and gear some time ago... And now I'm bitching about every innacuracy I can found. So don't take me too serious - just giving some advices/suggestions...

Edited by Max255[PL]

@Max255[PL]: Suggestions and advices are always good. It's ok. But things does not always have to be 100% accurate. If that was the case, we would not have that many addons.

Agree, but without these specific vests Rangers just look as any other SOF. ;]

Eg.: what's the point of having Rangers that are looking mostly the same as other units of that branch (addon wise). ;p

Ooops, that's me talking the same and same... Sorry!

multicam varies a lot , i've seen jackets that have more green, some that are more brown/reddish, it's (imo) not possible to have the perfect multicam color

edit:

woops , wrong page, but it still may be useful.

looks good , although i'm pretty sure rangers use ranger green stuff mostly, but you never know. Imo it would be a good idea to go with it, it sort of defines rangers

Well I personally believe the colour of the vest would be determined by your Area of Operations, say if I'm in the hills of Afghanistan similar to the mountain side in the documentary "restrepo", I would wear the OD green CIRAS but If I was in open desert ground and rocky terrain I would wear the Tan CIRAS. Like I said I'm not to familiar with the USSOCOM restrictions on the wearing of Tan CIRAS with rangers, I will look into making OD Green CIRAS but right now to myself they look like a good setup for operations in Takistan as well as Zargabad or even any desert terrain map.

QUOTE=OscerMike;1799483]pic1,pic2,pic3

I'm pretty sure they wear that colour CIRAS vest.

First picture is not a ranger, his a FAC or something along those lines who is embeded with a ranger unit. Second pic is also not a Ranger, wrong helmet and vest, more than likely SF. Once again 3rd pic isnt a ranger but a FAC (or again something along those lines..)

Rangers generaly only use issued gear, and they are issued Ranger Green kit, nothing else... i know this cus ive spent over 100 hours working on my rangers and a large part of that is research.

These are Rangers

afghancommando.jpg

ranger20.th.jpg

And here is an example of their issued gear

ranger0.th.jpg

Need any other advice on Ranger gear feel free to hit me up

I may also add this - full RCLS kit:

gear1dh7.th.jpg

Just an overview...

well I did some research as well, had a chat with a US Army Soldier and he said they can wear Tan CIRAS, thats what I have been informed.

Thay maybe can, by personal choice (and probably presonal buy), but why the heck do that if you are issued Ranger Green stuff which isn't worse by any means... And free... ^^

Trust me personnel do buy there own shit just too look badass, now I dont want to continue arguing or pushing points here and there we spent many hours fixing these up and all that jazz, if we can make them OD green we shall but I personality believe that the Tan Ciras looks and blends perfectly with the multicam better then the OD Green vest does.

+1 to Ranger Green plate carriers... anything else just looks like another SF skin... one of about 100 we have now. We need a good Ranger addon, which we have zero of currently.