Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

HMMWV pack (circa 2003)

v1.2 is ready to go!

Changes & additions:

- Three new HMMWV variants: USMC recon Humvee; unarmed troop-carrier (holds 8); armed troop-carrier (forward-facing M240. Holds 7).

- Three tan-coloured HMMWVs, based on the original three, but with extra details.

- Modified original three green HMMWVs (removed the normal map detail from the doors and the rear panels).

Known issues:

- The mount for the M240 on the troop-carrier only has one pivot point, instead of two. This will be addressed in future versions.

- The M240 gunner's boots slightly clip the floor. Again, this will be addressed in future versions.

Requirements:

- Extended Event Handlers

HMMWV_12_53.jpg

HMMWV_12_54.jpg

HMMWV_12_59.jpg

HMMWV_12_51.jpg

HMMWV_12_60.jpg

Stiltman and I have put a lot of time into this update and everything should be working 100%. If we've missed something (or more precisely, if I've missed something) in testing, leave some feedback and we'll fix the problem asap.

The ArmA2 conversion of v1.2 is now in progress btw, and Stiltman will release it as soon as he's finished.

http://www.filefront.com/17885306/ExA_Humvees_v1point2.7z

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Absolutely Great job!

Thet look really "alive" with all the stuff hanging on them.

Is this final release? Also another question, you guys wont make a desert reskin do you?

You, Sir, are a genius, scholar and saint!

These look fantastic!

Thanks for keeping A1 in mind for your great addons!

Excellent Hummvee textures. But is it me or are the rucks and straps a little bright. When in the editor for example they just seem overly bright. Overall like the Strykers they're well cool. I've even created a Exa Strykers replacement config for my warfare conversion. I hope more hummers and other vehicles are being textured mate, top notch! :D

Also i'm getting this error at startup.

Cannot load texture p:\exa_humvees\data\stryker_bags_01_nohq.paa.

yup, I get the same error.....

but I run them together with the stryikers and they don't show any missing texture path....

Wow, thanks for the feedback everyone. Stiltman and I are really pleased you all like the HMMWVs. I'm not getting that error message but I'll mention it to him, maybe he knows what's wrong. I just make the models and the textures, he's the brains behind the coding and all that complicated stuff lol.

This isn't the final release btw, I'd really like to make some more HWWMVs. I'll add a few desert-coloured versions in the next update, as well as a few with various armour upgrades and turret styles.

I think you guys will like them :)

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Sorted. I've just spoken to Stiltman and he told me what the problem was.

It was my rvmat. I hadn't removed the p:\ before the texture location.

Anyway, I've changed it and uploaded a new pbo. Here's the link:

(old link removed. latest link on front page)

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Crikey that was quick mate. Thanks for the update guys. And with regards to extra humvees and desert ones i can't wait, the desert ones would be awesome. I made a replacement config for the strykers but not the humvee as there are only 3 but when you finish the rest i'll make one and possibly upload it. And that fix has resolved the bright rucksacks.

I have ArmA2 and OA but still lovingly play ArmA1. Thanks again ExplosiveAids & stiltman! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

Crikey that was quick mate. Thanks for the update guys. And with regards to extra humvees and desert ones i can't wait, the desert ones would be awesome. I made a replacement config for the strykers but not the humvee as there are only 3 but when you finish the rest i'll make one and possibly upload it. And that fix has resolved the bright rucksacks.

I have ArmA2 and OA but still lovingly play ArmA1. Thanks again ExplosiveAids & stiltman! ;)

Don't mention it. We aim to please :)

This isn't the final release btw, I'd really like to make some more HWWMVs. I'll add a few desert-coloured versions in the next update, as well as a few with various armour upgrades and turret styles.

That is fantastic news! Thanks so much! Would you please consider a version that carries more than 5 people? Maybe 7-8 people?

Would you consider tricking out the default landrover with barbed wire, packs, antennae and extra tires as well?

Cheers EA!

Edited by Stewy

That is fantastic news! Thanks so much! Would you please consider a version that carries more than 5 people? Maybe 7-8 people?

Would you consider tricking out the default landrover with barbed wire, packs, antennae and extra tires as well?

Cheers EA!

Yeah I'd be very interested in making a HMMWV that carries 5+ people. I've seen a few different variants which would look very cool in-game. I'll add them to my list of things to make :)

As for the Landrovers, I'm tempted but I have a thing for American hardware at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future though.

Thanks ExA - these are stunning!

Fantastic stuff!

Thanks so much! I very enjoy them.

But one problem is that I can't kill gunner outside humvee.