Together with Icebreakr´s excellent island Lingor, a playable version of

the project i have been working on for 3 months now got released.

It´s status is something between an alpha and a beta, because there

is still some features that will get implemented.

Features:

This addon features the following predators and vehicles:

- The Predator Elder

- The Predator Hunter

- The Predator Soldier

- The Predator Youngling

- The Predator Landing craft

The Predator Elder:

Classname: CHN_PREDATOR1

Armed with the Plasmacannon, the Chakram smart disc

the Flechette launcher and the wristblades

The Predator Hunter:

Classname: CHN_PREDATOR14

Armed with the Plasmacannon, the Shuriken smart disc

the Flechette launcher and the wristblades

The Predator Soldier:

Classname: CHN_PREDATOR13

Armed with the Plasmacannon, the Shuriken smart disc

the Flechette launcher and the wristblades.

Does not hunt humans down, stays ranged and fights

with ranged weapons.

The Predator Youngling:

Classname: CHN_PREDATOR15

Armed with the Plasmacannon, and the wristblades.

Hunts humans down.

The Predator Landing craft:

Classname: CHN_PREDATORSHIP2

Armed with 2 Plasmacannons and missiles

Ability to be cloaked upon the crew leaves the ship

The Chakram smart disc and the Shurikens can be picked

up from dead humans that were killed by it or

from where they hit the ground.

Additional weapons:

Plasmamine

EMP mine

Lasermine

WEAPON CLASS NAMES:

"CHN_Plasmacaster"

"CHN_Chakram"

"CHN_Shuriken"

"CHN_Flechette"

"CHN_Wristblade"

"CHN_Plasmaboardcannon"

"CHN_PredMissileLauncher"

MAGAZINE CLASS NAMES:

"CHN_PlasmaMag"

"CHN_ChakramMag2"

"CHN_ShurikenMag2"

"CHN_FlechetteMag"

"CHN_Wrist_mag"

"CHN_PlasmacannonMag"

"CHN_PredMissileMag"

"CHN_PREDPLASMAMINEMAG"

"CHN_PREDEMPMINEMAG"

"CHN_PREDLASERMINEMAG"

A module named "Predator - Spawn 3 Predator Drop Ships" that you put on your map

and it will spawn 3 Predator landing crafts that will automatically land near the closest

human group from the center of the map and engage that group.

Please be aware of the fact that this is a mod by nature and certain things

that you would expect from games like AvP for example can´t get so easily implemented into a military simulator like Arma2/OA .

To save your and my time, i will already address issues that are highly likely to be mentioned by people in this thread and it is issues that i am aware of and that can´t be implemented any better than they already are:

FLIR and Post Effects cannot be used simultaneously, they disable each other. That means there is no predator vision possible like in AvP2010

Arma2 does not offer sufficient parameters to make a refractive shader for use on a cloaked predator

The weapon holding animations are a bit off still, because it is difficult to realize such a high weapon loadout character, so special holding anims had to be made

Also note that everything MP-related is likely to be improved only at a later time. The focus of the current development was to implement all features for SP to beta status and then see what of those is realizable in MP. So weapon model changes in MP or effects not being played on clients are all known issues, that will take some effort and time to resolve.

vS_8m2UyHMA

OEQrWHpvmWg

DOWNLOAD:

Armaholic mirror

armedassault.info

Edited by Charon Productions

FLIR and Post Effects cannot be used simultaneously, they disable each other. That means there is no predator vision possible like in AvP2010

Good, because AvP sucks hard. 1987 Predator FTW!

Congrats on the release, downloading now :)

I'll probably shit myself and drop my gun. Get to the choppa, - yes please!

Edited by Das Attorney
whoops!

Looking forward to trying this! Thanks CP.

So just to clarify, can the preds not cloak themselves?

Looking forward to trying this! Thanks CP.

So just to clarify, can the preds not cloak themselves?

They DO cloak themselves fine.

I was just referring to people suggesting to come up with a refractive shader a la AvP2010 or in the movies which the Arma engine does not enable to do.

Player predators will also be NOT recognized by AI soldiers UNTIL the pred kills the first one. So we are talking also about true AI invisibility. The AI does not have perfect aiming on the cloaked attacking predator too, so it will often miss the predator.

Now all we need now are Aliens xenomorphs!!! Great job!!! OBTW what side are the predators on blufor or opfor?

Edited by bigstone

Whats with the Plasmacaster?

I can pick it up as "Looted Plasmacaster", but when I fire it just produces a "BEEP BEEP" sound and fires a blue bolt which does nothing:D

Also, many thanks for the awesome AI scripts, its really nice seeing the predators make quick kill, then evade, sneak up on you etc. etc.

Now all we need noe are Aliens xenomorphs!!! Great job!!! OBTW what side are the predators on blufor or opfor?

:whistle: They are in the making :whistle:

Predators are independent side and have the faction "PredatorsFAC".

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Whats with the Plasmacaster?

I can pick it up as "Looted Plasmacaster", but when I fire it just produces a "BEEP BEEP" sound and fires a blue bolt which does nothing:D

Also, many thanks for the awesome AI scripts, its really nice seeing the predators make quick kill, then evade, sneak up on you etc. etc.

Just as in Alien versus Predator Requiem, a plasmacaster that is not shoulder-mounted and used by a human, needs some time to power up.

This was done to keep that a predator only weapon.

Just as in Alien versus Predator Requiem, a plasmacaster that is not shoulder-mounted and used by a human, needs some time to power up.

This was done to keep that a predator only weapon.

But after powering up it still doesnt work...? :confused:

I mean I get it that you dont want to make it usable by humans, but why can you loot it then and initate the charging-cycle?

But after powering up it still doesnt work...? :confused:

I mean I get it that you dont want to make it usable by humans, but why can you loot it then and initate the charging-cycle?

Okay this feature was quite complicated to implement of course and it might not work as intended in some cases. It´s on the improvements list.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

lol at the skinned body object called "Jim Hopper". nice touch.

Jim Hopper lives ! :D

lol I just had a go on the Recon demo mission - it was just like the movie. I got off about 10 rounds then the Predator stabbed me in the face! :D

I played your mod early today and we have so much fun in small pvp game.

Like 4/5 human vs one predator, it's really funny.

Thanks a lot for it and wish you the best.

This mod is pretty fucking rad Charon. I made a huge war in the editor, with a team of Spetsnaz backed by three mechanized BTR divisions and a battalion of tanks behind them with heavy russian air support. They all went after less than 20 predators, and a few of those gunships.

I saw the russian planes for about a second, then turned around and saw them already blown up, and the predator gunships flying in and just blowing the hell out of everything, Independence Day style.

My small tics with the addon were, with the Predator landing craft, is there anyway to raise that bottom? As in "raising the gear" since it has a huge pillar sticking out while flying.

Will there be anymore vehicles for the Predators? I don't recall ever seeing them use a land vehicle, but it would be cool to have one for the ultimate "War of The Worlds" scenario.

Nice implementation :) I was wondering - can the predator be engineered to have the ability to leap from tree to tree as in the first movie? I'm not sure how you would do that, other than by using the attachTo command to get the predator to "stick" to trees.

A request:

A special Native American character under BLUFOR Special Ops that can detect Predator(s) on the map. :D

Nice implementation :) I was wondering - can the predator be engineered to have the ability to leap from tree to tree as in the first movie? I'm not sure how you would do that, other than by using the attachTo command to get the predator to "stick" to trees.

Play as the "Predator Hunter" and approach a big tree. Try several, must be the one the scripts chose internally. It is still experimental, doesnt work well on Chernarus, but on Jungle islands like Lingor or Rasoreniya. "Attachto" does not allow movement, it is based upon a different system. There is many engine limitations to this of course, the biggest being that the bounding box for trees differs enormously, so you can never tell exactly where the tree top is.

A request:

A special Native American character under BLUFOR Special Ops that can detect Predator(s) on the map. :D

Hell yeah, bring in Billy!

Cool just played and yes the predators independent side will attack blufor troops. Can't wait for the Aliens....

Can you provide a little more information about this? What effect were you trying to create with the post effects + flir? I ask because there is a colour banding flir mode in OA that's a lot like a thermographic camera.

I like AvP2010, but the thermographic vision in that seems just to be a colour filter plus special textures. Light can still bloom and washout the predator's vision in that game, and you cannot see through smoke. OA's built in flir would be more like the predator's vision than has been depicted in a game before.

bloody hell I didn't expect this predator mod to be so awesome!! I thought it would just be some new models and weapons and nothing more. Instead it's like a completely different game now! I'm suprised many of the features of the mod (cloaking, laser sights) work very well and even the AI plays well against it.

I'm loving the vision modes, shame about the FLIR issue but it's easy to pick up humans from the background funnily enough. Perhaps there's a way that when you press the vision mode button, all human character's textures change to plain white so with the vision mode, they'll stand out even more like cheap heatvision? just a thought, it'll probaly bug the game up (I remember in Op.flash when you switched night vision on and off you can see objects light up for a split second probaly have the same effect here).

Have to say brilliant mod and it's great to see the capabilities of the engine, especially as something other than a military simulator. looking forward to future releases and development :D

It would be cool if the Spaceship has Weaponry capable of locking on to enemy aircraft to take them down quicker, and perhaps a EMP weapon?

Nice mod! :D

Having a few issues though, but I am guessing you are planning on adding all the features before you start ironing out the bugs...

One thing I wonder though is if its possible to add the extra functions to the custom or communications area. Would probably make it easier for the average guy to use em. If stuff like that is mission dependent maybe a editor module you just place in the mission would do the trick. I just find the custom action to conflict with something after action 3... A2 is probably the only game I play where a keyboard hasnt enough keys it seems LoL.

This is the best mod for ArmA 2...I can't wait to see its progress.