Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

COOP 08 - Green Ops (ACE) (Mana Island)

In this mission a 6-man Marines Force Recon team is inserted in Mana Island to gather intelligence for a full-scale attack by the US Army. The island could work as a NATO resupply point for the near flashpoints of Takistan and Chernarus but it's currently under control of the insurgents.

This is considered a Green Operation and Direct Action should be avoided as non-fundamental.

The team can be assisted by an AH-64D chopper (playable by two additional players).

Features:

- ACE items and inventory, along with ACE ammo boxes;

- Good old "Ghost-Recon" style mission;

- Custom sounds and effects for when you put eyes on the objectives (nice black and white effect with camera shutter sounds and titles..);

- Custom Air Spawn script to simulate civilian and allied planes passing by en-route to other "who knows" destinations (and the local AA taking care of some of them..);

- Enemy placement randomization along with waypoint and behaviour that change every time;

- A custom "vehicle rigging" script for using suitable explosives with vehicles, making the bomb go off when the engine turns on;

- Other features that will make the mission fun;

During the mission you'll be asked to rig an SUV belonging to the leader of the insurgent forces. This will simulate an assassination and lead the enemy forces into thinking there is a traitor in their ranks.

For the occasion I made a custom script that checks for the person being an expert in explosives (saboteur, demo expert, engineer etc. etc.) and also checks whether or not the expert has the required equipment (satchels, IEDs etc).

I think I could release this script for other uses, let me know if you like it. It could easily work for bad guys, good guys, rigging of any kind - literally - of objects in the game.

Requirements:

- Ama 2 Combined Operations

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 (ACE)

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 Extras (ACEX)

- Mana Island

Download:

http://www.sr5tactical.net/greenops.zip