Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

Gabe Ruckus's WW2 mission release thread!

Omaha Beach Invasion Singleplayer v.99

http://www.mediafire.com/?8xqubh8ndhyczav

Details:

-Singleplayer conversion of I44 D-Day mission.

-DAC assault on the beach, and defense.

-Modified for singleplayer experience! Health regeneration, AI engineers with bangalores, and save points.

95% of credit still goes to the I44 team for the original version, which I used as a base and heavily modified. I've still got to do some final buffing on the polish, but the mission itself is for all intents and purposes finished, I just need to update readmes and briefing text a little bit.

There are some things the Arma2 engine still has trouble with, navigating wire obstacles for instance. The AI will sometimes get stuck at the shingle, so be aggressive. You start getting reinforced on the German side of the seawall when the objectives start getting taken. Kind of a cheap workaround, I know, but I had to make some concessions for the sake of playability.

I'll update this thread with mirrors if they become available, and D-Day 1.0 should be done in some days, as I find time to fix the last couple of things needing doing. Until then, download, enjoy, and how about some feedback, so my next mission's that much better!

Edited by Gabe_Ruckus

Thanks Gabe! Didn't have too many problems. The Germans at the first line of defence have pretty poor AI, but they get better as I move inland. At one point, I crawled up against a wall at German MG strongpoint (the second ruined archway on the far left as you come from the landing) and ended up crawling up the wall ala Spiderman. When I crawled back to the ground and stood up, I was permanently stuck pointing my gun (I traded my Thompson SMG for a BAR at the crate on the beach) vertically in the air, as if I was still lying prone .

How did you enable game savepoints in the MP Demos?

Edited by MissionCreep