Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

Green Berets - Astan-style (Alpha)

hey folks,

these are some us army special forces units i've been working on some time ago. i never released them cuz i never had the time to really finish them.

someone saw them in screenshots made by guys i gave them to and requested a release...so here they are.

screenshot1rr.th.jpg

DOWNLOAD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3e68yr

known issues:

they have alot of rpt errors and some graphical glitches. i also couldn't get rid of the deformation issues they have when holding certain weapons ( like m21 sniper rifle). they also have a huge amount of textures and only pilot and first lods are done.

since the arma OA heads aren't all of the same shape, the beard doesn't fit every head model. also the camoed faces look strange since these are desert area units. so if someone knows how i can determine in the config which faces they use, i can fix it.

anyways. they are still useful and look ok from some angles:p;)

Unarmed these guys look like great war journalists, too

Thanks for the effort and work put into these! Hope that positive feedback gathered and probably more of it to come will motivate you to iron out the errors and glitches some day.

Really nice stuff, many thanks for the release

Great units other than a few issues. Have you thought of moving the units to US Army faction of BluFor though, since they are Green Berets afterall.

thx for the kind words everybody.

@Miller, Old Bear: thx for the mirrors!

Good to see some unconfentional guys,

can you make them so they wont use camo faces and the round spectacles??

thanx for the great addon, has much potential

I think your units would be better suited wearing blue jeans and khaki or od green cargo pants. SF do wear civilian attire for certain ops and since there are no such units in ARMA like that, you could fill that gap. Your units are very similiar to patrol units in the TF 86 seal addon and the Tier One operators, so I would suggest making them wear civilian clothes with tactical gear and you could use these units in all types of missions and different enviroments. Another nice touch would be to have several models with unbloused boots, some with headgear and others without.

I'm aware about the mercenaries addon, but I think your units could be different from those in that addon.

Edited by bugkill

@Bugkill

exactly what I am missing at the moment, some guys with jeans so they can cruise chernarus in a SUV, low profile.

Do these still have the random headgear issue?

@pre-vet,

What unit is that in your avatar? Also, I'm just like you needing some units with civilian attire mixed in with tactical gear much like the units in COD:MW2 in that Favela mission. Would be great to have them in ARMA 2.

Edited by bugkill

@Enad:

yep! sorry. u can still change that by adding something in the init line in the mission editor. at the moment i have no time to research this. as i said if someone knows how to fix this in the config pls tell me. but i didn't receive any pms about that yet.

@bugkill:

pls stop making requests in my thread! this is not intended to be rude but pls read the first post. i have no time to finish or "make them fit your needs".

this is the source of inspiration which made me make these: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussocom/3028397266/in/set-72157609013640281/

i'd love to make more variations but well u know such things take alot of work and time.

if it wasn't for the request to release them i'd have never done it. i'm kind of a perfectionist (in a bad way:o)

@Enad:

yep! sorry. u can still change that by adding something in the init line in the mission editor. at the moment i have no time to research this. as i said if someone knows how to fix this in the config pls tell me. but i didn't receive any pms about that yet.

@bugkill:

pls stop making requests in my thread! this is not intended to be rude but pls read the first post. i have no time to finish or "make them fit your needs".

this is the source of inspiration which made me make these: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussocom/3028397266/in/set-72157609013640281/

i'd love to make more variations but well u know such things take alot of work and time.

if it wasn't for the request to release them i'd have never done it. i'm kind of a perfectionist (in a bad way:o)

My mistake for not catching that in your first post. My "requests" are merely suggestions for possibly improving your work, nothing more. Pity that you would find my post as trying to "make them fit my needs" because that is not the case.

It is your time and energy that goes into the addon and you come on here to spread your work. You make this thread and we provide feedback on your addon and that is exactly what I did. You already explained the bugs and that it was a early build, so why do you feel the need to drop exclamation points when addressing me about what I wrote? You claim that you are not trying to be rude, but your writing says different.

Oh well, good luck with your addon and I'll make sure to not make suggestions on your work. Hate for you to interept my writing as it being a "request".

i like them, good original work. the beards are really cool. thanks bad benson!

@bugkill: sorry for my overreacting (u got pm)

just to make it clear: this addon isn't made for filling any gaps in peoples addon repatoire. i actually made this for fun and mainly for myself.

but suggestions are still welcome. just ignore my outburst. i get them from time to time:o. not your fault.