Sign in to follow this  
majinbot

[OA][SP] Strike Team

This is my third mission, i hope this time someone tell me if the mission works well or not....I tried to make a coop5 mission but i'm not sure if i did a good job.

I'm not sure if it works with only OA or if it needs Arma 2 too, i tried to use codisabler_v2 but i get an error instead. This mission has a lot of objectives, i hope you'll enjoy it. the main objective is to capture a Colonel Hassan,you'll have to open a way through the enemy line, destroy all the base Anti-Aircraft Cannons, destroy the M113 transport armor or the colonel will escape, with an ULB controlled with a backpack and 2 laser guided missiles.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/?3oa59aqgnj3m16g

I gave your mission three tries then gave up on it.

The opening sequence is pretty cool, and I won’t give it away here, but I was somewhat confused as to why there were no troops coming after my team after what took place.

At any rate, you did not explain what the players role in your mission is, which is team leader. That will allow people who don’t care to lead a team to have the opportunity to not have to download your mission to find out.

I don’t mind following or leading, so it was no big deal to me, but there are plenty of Amra single player users out there that do not care for being any form of a leader one bit.

There is no documentation whatsoever on how to use the ULB. It didn’t matter what key I tried to press, the thing just sat there. Some information in the mission notes section on how to actually control this thing would have been nice (and may have kept me playing the mission).

Also, I did not understand the enormous sandbag wall you had on the hill where we landed. All that does it lag the mission for lower end machines and adds really nothing to the mission itself.

Perhaps if you explain how to use aspects of your mission instead of assuming that the player will know, you may get some more exposure to those who would bother to take the time to provide feedback.

Not assuming you will say this, but responding that this or that is covered in the campaign is simple folly – many people buy this game for the editor sandbox and nothing else, having never played or completed a single scenario or campaign.

Just food for thought when designing a mission using semi-exotic components.

I gave your mission three tries then gave up on it.

The opening sequence is pretty cool, and I won’t give it away here, but I was somewhat confused as to why there were no troops coming after my team after what took place.

At any rate, you did not explain what the players role in your mission is, which is team leader. That will allow people who don’t care to lead a team to have the opportunity to not have to download your mission to find out.

I don’t mind following or leading, so it was no big deal to me, but there are plenty of Amra single player users out there that do not care for being any form of a leader one bit.

There is no documentation whatsoever on how to use the ULB. It didn’t matter what key I tried to press, the thing just sat there. Some information in the mission notes section on how to actually control this thing would have been nice (and may have kept me playing the mission).

Also, I did not understand the enormous sandbag wall you had on the hill where we landed. All that does it lag the mission for lower end machines and adds really nothing to the mission itself.

Perhaps if you explain how to use aspects of your mission instead of assuming that the player will know, you may get some more exposure to those who would bother to take the time to provide feedback.

Not assuming you will say this, but responding that this or that is covered in the campaign is simple folly – many people buy this game for the editor sandbox and nothing else, having never played or completed a single scenario or campaign.

Just food for thought when designing a mission using semi-exotic components.

Sorry english is not my native language and i suck..i know. Thanks for your opinion, i really think my missions suck and to give up editing. I try to answer as best as possible:

There are no enemies just after the crash cause the far away enemy who has shot the missile thinks you're dead in the explosion. My mistakes to not explain everything better...i got some difficulties with the language. But about the ULB i really thought everyone knows how to use it, action menu, select ULB, open the map click to create a waypoint, exit the map, point the ulb laser to the target, open the map e select radio alfa (marverik), exit the map and keep the laser on the target..boom. The enormous sandbag wall was another mistake, i made it to cover the view of the town and the main target. Anyway in the end i realized i got no skill with the sandbox.... :o

Dont be disheartened mate, take what Ranger said as a positive and work on it. All missions editors started off knowing jack shit mate!

Keep going dude, its damn rewarding

...Anyway in the end i realized i got no skill with the sandbox.... :o

Dude your mission is more polished than most I have downloaded this year, so take that as a compliment.

Don't give up on the editor and making missions - that thing is the sole reason this community is still alive after all these years.

Keep working at it and you will learn much as you go - it is extremely rewarding no matter what some tool like me tells you in a forum.