Sign in to follow this  
bboy

[SP][Takistan] Operation "Broken Wing" (OA) ...by bboy

bboy presents...

Operation "Broken Wing"

broken_wing_photo.jpg

Description:

As a part of the peacemakers on Takistan, U.S. Army is stationed at military base near Rasman... On his way to the base, one plane, C-130J is shot down near vilage of Nur. The plane contains one suitcase with some valuable documents. Your job is to go there with your squad, find the plane, pick up the suitcase and bring it to the base...

Features:

- no adons needed

- U.S. Special Forces

- helicopter insertion and extraction

- switchable units

Hello everybody! My name is bboy, as some of you already know me i hope... I present you my third single player mission, Operation "Broken Wing". As i did it in the past, also for this mission i spent a lot of my free time to make her best of the best, perfect... As perfection don't exist, i hope i will receive a lot of your feedback to know how to make next mission just better! Feel free to write me everything that you liked and what you didn't liked with this mission... I hope you will enjoy playing as I enjoed makin it... Take care

I fixed some problems with missing ammo boxes... Hope you can enjoy to play now...

http://sharebee.com/d9e0bc86

Edited by bboy

Hi mate, thanks for the mission so far so good i haven't finished it yet, but have a suggestion for you for this mission and future reference.

At the start of the mission not far from the LZ I was attacked by some enemy Armour, this is all well and fine but my problem was my character had no AT. I know that you gave some AT to a squad mate but the AI can have a hard time using it, so i had to restart the mission three times before he finally used the AT on him but, the other three times my AI just opened up with small arms fire and we were wiped out :(. So in future if you could give us the option to take some AT for ourselves, or just equip on on the team leader it would be much appreciated ;)

Besides this the mission has been great, thanks again for the mission and good luck with your future release as well I'll be looking forward to them :cool:.

Hi mate, thanks for the mission so far so good i haven't finished it yet, but have a suggestion for you for this mission and future reference.

At the start of the mission not far from the LZ I was attacked by some enemy Armour, this is all well and fine but my problem was my character had no AT. I know that you gave some AT to a squad mate but the AI can have a hard time using it, so i had to restart the mission three times before he finally used the AT on him but, the other three times my AI just opened up with small arms fire and we were wiped out :(. So in future if you could give us the option to take some AT for ourselves, or just equip on on the team leader it would be much appreciated ;)

Besides this the mission has been great, thanks again for the mission and good luck with your future release as well I'll be looking forward to them :cool:.

Thanks for the feedback Vicarious... I know about that havy armor... Because of that i put one save game right after you land on the LZ... You didn't need to restart whole mission... All units are switchable, so if you are fast with the fingers on keyboard, no problem... ;-) Did you find the plane? Did you have a problem to guess where it can be? How long you played one mission?

Can you upload it to a different server? Rapidshare is not letting me download (too many users).

Can you upload it to a different server? Rapidshare is not letting me download (too many users).

Done...

sory bboy This file is not currently available in megaupload.

Got the download, but now it wont play.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. caweapons.ammoboxes.

Is there a mod missing?

Edited by kurtz1

sory bboy This file is not currently available in megaupload.

Same for me.With Rapidshare it´s the same.

Sorry people... Some people already gaming this, as you can see above... There is no mods... If you can tell me where is good to upload this file, i will do that... Just write...

Hopefully Armaholic comes back online shortly : )

They are very proactive and helpful in hosting missions.

Rough Knight

I put that mission in the zip file and again on the rapidshare... Hopefully it can be downloaded now...

I put that mission in the zip file and again on the rapidshare... Hopefully it can be downloaded now...

You could try http://www.sharebee.com/

if you upload it there it will make it available on many different download sites at once. People can then choose an other link if one site is unavailable for download.

Havent downloaded your mission yet, but I will :)

You could try http://www.sharebee.com/

if you upload it there it will make it available on many different download sites at once. People can then choose an other link if one site is unavailable for download.

Havent downloaded your mission yet, but I will :)

Thanks man... I will do that! And try my mission, you will not be disappointed... ;)

Edited by bboy

I saw that lot of people looking this topic... Probably downloading mission... But there is no comments! I want to know what you think about this mission! Whatever it is!

http://www.multiupload.com/CU4VD36SMI

pick the one you want.

(the first one is a direct download)

Maybe other links dont work, but from Armaholic and, for sure, zShare you can download without problems! Can you?

Some impressions and suggestions :)

The mission is straightforward - the player + his team has to search & find the suitcase with important documents. Its a day mission but it could be nice to play it as night version.

The intro is a bit funny showing a horny CH47....

It would be better if the player could select weapons/ammo for this mission for each teammate. No need for backpacks and handguns - the AI isnt that clever to use this stuff properly.

For better replayability you could randomize the position of camp and C130.

It could be even good if the suitcase isnt there anymore but hidden somewhere else. ;)

In the camp the OPFOR units could be sit around, cleaning weapons, talking, listening to music etc... anything that is better than standing around and doing nothing.

Perhaps its better that the player + team has to reach a certain point/outpost on his own?

Some impressions and suggestions :)

The mission is straightforward - the player + his team has to search & find the suitcase with important documents. Its a day mission but it could be nice to play it as night version.

The intro is a bit funny showing a horny CH47....

It would be better if the player could select weapons/ammo for this mission for each teammate. No need for backpacks and handguns - the AI isnt that clever to use this stuff properly.

For better replayability you could randomize the position of camp and C130.

It could be even good if the suitcase isnt there anymore but hidden somewhere else. ;)

In the camp the OPFOR units could be sit around, cleaning weapons, talking, listening to music etc... anything that is better than standing around and doing nothing.

Perhaps its better that the player + team has to reach a certain point/outpost on his own?

Everybody have his own version of good mission... Well, this is mine... Version that you liked is a lil' bit more complicated to make.. It's not impossible, off course... Thing that i want to know is how much time you spent to finish this mission? And did you had trouble to guess where the plane could be? Anyway, thanks for impressions and suggestions :)

Mission time could be longer. Had no trouble to spot the plane.

If you update this mission make at least the OPFOR AI do something - its strange to see them only standing around like robots. ;)

it seems it does need an addon. dunno if arma 2 or baf. only have OA. it says i am missing caweapons_ammoboxes and cant play it because of this

Mission time could be longer. Had no trouble to spot the plane.

If you update this mission make at least the OPFOR AI do something - its strange to see them only standing around like robots. ;)

Thanks for suggestions...

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

it seems it does need an addon. dunno if arma 2 or baf. only have OA. it says i am missing caweapons_ammoboxes and cant play it because of this

No addons, no mod... Just Arma 2 and OA...

I've just upgraded to CO and gave your mission a go, and I had fun with it!

It is a good little, (almost) balanced mission. I like the "you have to find it" type of objectives a lot.

the armored IFV was a bit evil at the end near the LZ, when I was almost out of even normal ammo. An AT refill around the objective would have been good. (I've found some rockets near a dead solider, but that was needed there.) I needed to handle like 4 armored and 4 normal vehicles with 3 rockets...

IMHO the mission setup is asking for random placement/time, just like Cipher, and there would be great replay value as well!

Some more ideas: finding the plane part could include destroying it and the suitcase could be dynamic (eg.: an enemy patrol has already taken it. It could have some sort tracer, which you could check from within the C130.)

cheers

I've just upgraded to CO and gave your mission a go, and I had fun with it!

It is a good little, (almost) balanced mission. I like the "you have to find it" type of objectives a lot.

the armored IFV was a bit evil at the end near the LZ, when I was almost out of even normal ammo. An AT refill around the objective would have been good. (I've found some rockets near a dead solider, but that was needed there.) I needed to handle like 4 armored and 4 normal vehicles with 3 rockets...

IMHO the mission setup is asking for random placement/time, just like Cipher, and there would be great replay value as well!

Some more ideas: finding the plane part could include destroying it and the suitcase could be dynamic (eg.: an enemy patrol has already taken it. It could have some sort tracer, which you could check from within the C130.)

cheers

First, thanks for playing my mission. And, thanks for advices! About a mission...The area where you need to find the plane is big... When you don't know from where to start to search, it's interesting, dinamic, longer and harder... But if you chose the right way, you can find the plane really fast and without some troubles... Because of that, i didn't ocupate myself that much with the enemy base or other things that are far from the objective... Things that i like to see when playing users mission are good missions of course, but also complete. Like mine. You have briefing, working tasks, intro, good story... Also, i did't heard about any bug... And next time, i'll try to do my best, like always! Try to play my other missions: "Morning Heat, "Ordinary Day"... you will not be disapoined... Thanks fo the comments... Good gaming!