Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

RptMon - a tool to help you view your rpt file

RptMon (Report Monitor) is a tool to help you track changes to your arma.rpt file as you are trying out scripts. It automatically scrolls to the end of the report file as arma runs and flags errors in red.

rptmon.PNG

You can download it and read more about what you can do with it from the RptMon homepage.

In future if people find this useful I may add features such as search or more customisation.

will try it with my feedback as soon as possible, thanks :)

Just been recently looking for a new tail tool. I can't believe how difficult it is to find a good free tail program. This almost has what I need too, except that it is missing colour highlighting.

Is there any chance of adding the ability to highlight lines in a particular text colour and background colour for specific text or phrases? That would be excellent then.

Here's an edited example of what I use in another program (which is about to expire).

In this way, related blocks of text are usually coloured in the same background colour.

th_rptmon_highlights.jpg th_hooWinTail_highlights.jpg

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

Fantastic program, many thanks!

There's only one thing on my wishlist; the ability to clear the rpt-file you're currently looking at.

Would anyone still have that fantastic tool available to download?

I stopped using this when it wouldn't connect. I think there was a version which didn't "phone home", but I have changed to, and really like LogExpert

Thank you Panther42, I'm gonna give it a try.