Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

World Tools 1.6

Thank to Foxhound that published the tool on Armaholic, new release of World Tools is out. World Tools is a companion for ISLAND MAKERS.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10508

NEW: able to import SQM/BIEDI files into Visitor3

WT will import your ArmA2/OA scripts objects into Visitor 3 and from there into your islands.

Major features:

include a complete Fence Generator system for placing fences, walls and a lot of other kind of object.

new scripting language for creating macros. Macros can be used to automatically generate farms, houses with gardens, compounds, castles and every other thing you will need.

new forest generator tool, with support up to 256 mask colors, multiple different object placement on the same color with user customizable probability of placement (useful for bush, rocks, different tree types on the same area).

a complete manual (available on about-help menu) with scripting samples, complete program logic and usage explanations and a full help for scripting language.

I'd just like to mention that this tool - though it's aimed directly at Island Makers, has interesting implications for the wider community...

Basically, for the first time, it's now possible for island makers to directly implement EDITOR DESIGNED layouts into their terrains... This means if you've made an airbase or FARP or village or town layout using the more familiar in-game editor you can now simply pass the mission file to an island maker and this new tool allows them to import your layout into the Visitor 3 island designer... So - basically, without having to install or learn V3, using just the in-game editor, its now possible for the wider community to directly participate and contribute to forthcoming islands!

So although this actual tool itself is purely for island makers, if you've seen some upcoming terrain announced and reckon you could make the ideal airbase to suit - you can, without having to install or learn any new tools, and the results might just make it on to the final terrain...

Expect to see a few terrain projects asking for contributions in the near future!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

very cool. I ought to tell ebanks about this , i bet he could use this a lot for his maps :)

thank you!

It's a bit of a breakthrough really - hasn't been possible before, so it opens up all sorts of possibilities :D

Well done Shezan!

B

this combined with RTE (hopefully also for OA soon) RoadPainter, BIS towngenerator Module is the ultimate Arma 2 terrain tool suite. if u consider it being totally free it can easily compete with visitor4.:p

we got all we need now...and "no excuses anymore" as shezan said too me right after he finished that version:D.

Excellent, now just hoping to find a mission in MP which lets me and my friend play like "mine craft", each can place the bushes, small objects and build the city and at the end of the "gaming night", i export the changes and import in visitor..

Excellent, now just hoping to find a mission in MP which lets me and my friend play like "mine craft", each can place the bushes, small objects and build the city and at the end of the "gaming night", i export the changes and import in visitor..

Yeah, minecraft like game :D

Show me your results! i'm really curious! :yay: