Sign in to follow this  
Adamant356

Eject script

Hello,

I am relatively new to scripting in arma 2, and i have had some trouble with a script that forces a group to eject from a helicopter/plane etc.. i believe the script is ok, but i get greeted by a "not found" message whenever it is triggered in-game. Is this because i havent put it in the right location, or is it because of the script itself?

i have looked at many different threads and they all have a different way of making it which just adds to the confusion lol (so sorry if this has come up about a thousand times) XD

i have put it in the missions folder, i have also made a separate folder for the mission and tried it that way, i have tried everything that has come to mind yet i still get that message and its getting annoying XD

Can anyone please give me an idea on how to make it work? thanks

yeah lol ive made sure that its got the .sqf file extension, im not that bad XD

that group eject script is for Arrowhead, will it work the same on the original arma 2? thanks for the quick reply

thanks ill give it a try :)

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

nope it doesnt work. I have saved the file exactly as it is meant to, placed it in my missions folder right next to the sqm file of my mission, i have it placed in the game correctly. It just doesnt want to find the file. this is the problem i have been having but i cannot work out what is going on- i have also placed the sqf in a folder inside the missions folder, should i pack both of them into a pbo? or is there some other place where i am meant to put it? should i add a filepath if it isnt in the root of the mission? should i save it in my documents or on c:? it seems so simple and i cant understand why its going wrong lol

It should be like this:

fileplacement.jpg

You don't have to manually PBO it, just use Save to Multiplayer Missions within the Editor. To call it in game use:

_nil = [groupName] execVM "groupEject.sqf";

Bingo! i got it- you were right, i hadnt set the dropdown to "all files" when saving the sqf- how noobish of me...

now time to get some sleep lol