Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

[coop] CTG: Dominance

Call to Glory: Dominance 1.1

Co16

OA

ctg44.jpg

Yay, I have finished the mission :) (more updates will come though)

Thanks to everyone that gave me feedback on the beta versions that was really helpful, also thanks to the BIS community for all the scripting advice. I have listened to the suggestions and added the stuff that was asked for :) I have also added more AO's and secondaries for a longer gameplay. No doubt some more things could be improved so feedback is still welcome.

The mission:

In general the mission works the same as CTG and Dom where you have to capture towns and complete secondary objectives (side missions).

You start at a forward base where you only have basic transport available and some weapon crates. After clearing the first ao a parajump flag will become available at the base and all towns you capture. For clearing a town and completing secondary objectives you will be rewarded with armor and support vehicles.

The basic transport vehicles will always respawn at the base when it is left abandoned or when it gets destroyed. Awarded vehicles will not respawn, so you will need to repair it when it gets damaged. You can repair damaged opfor armor and you can use those too to finish the mission. Awarded vehicles will be created at the captured towns and at the secondary objectives so you will not have to go back to the base and drive all the way back to the action. The only time you will be at the base is when you get killed. Also ammo crates will be created at every town you capture.

Even on regular difficulty the AI should be pretty nasty and accurate without being able to call for air or artillery support. Even in between objectives there will be enemy choppers guarding the roads and hill sides. You will find static defence hidden between bushes and on the roofs of houses and enemy men taking cover in houses. All AO's and secondary objectives varies in difficulty, some are easier to capure/complete then others.

Features:

- flagpole parajump

- respawn

- garbage collecting (clearing dead bodies)

- rewards

- permanent friendly map markers

- local rearm and support points

- scripted AI patrol

- ammo box refill (base)

- weapons respawn (save gear)

- Customized ammo box at respawn point

- wound healing (3 times - only available when you can't walk anymore)

- more on the way :)

Known issues that still needs to be fixed:

- More reward vehicles are spawned then intended.

- Objective triggers are not deleted, resulting in a short dialog spam when you login during the game.

- bluefor infantry static map markers do not delete when a player gets killed.

Download Dominance 1.1

Armaholic mirror:

- Call to Glory: Dominance Co-16 (1.1)

Edited by B00tsy
mission updated

Its a tough mission. I like how quick the AI is acting. I'd personally like to play in the dark.

Played this tonight after a few minutes we edited it to include Weapon respawn and an ammo box filler.

Good mission has potential to be very good.

Some issues:

Tanks spawning on their side for every 6 tanks in a town 6 were on their side.

Way more vehicles then needed (each time we cleared a town we got way too many vehicles causing our dedicated server to lag).

Enemy Ai a bit stupid.

Ferus Abad doesnt seem to finish, we gave up looking for the last guy.

Good points.

Plays well with 2 or 10 people.

Different tactics needed for each town.

Suggestions:

Stick in a patrol script so the enemies are not just standing around. Preferably a house one, they rarely used the houses as cover.

Fix the ammo box and weapon respawn :)

We will play it again morrow (drunk) on the server pog post above.

Ferus Abad wasn't bugged after all, Max messaged me on Steam saying that there were 4 infantry at sw of town, next bunch of vehicles to destroy towns with are m6 linebackers.

Excellent mission, and runs beautifully for a beta, but needs a few changes IMO:

-better ammo boxes, (we modded the mission to give all combined ops weapons at the start)

-respawn with weapons, this was annoying, we modded it

-tanks spawning on top of each other

-stupid AI, as Kdjac says they need a patrol or house script

-too many vechicles given as rewards, this is like being spoilt, some missions play better when You are the underdog, maybe change it to 2 or 3 as reward

Our modded version is default on our server if You wanna grab it

Its a tough mission. I like how quick the AI is acting. I'd personally like to play in the dark.

The mission is supposed to be a bit hardcore, although playing it with 16 people you can no doubt clear the towns in a jiffy :) The final version will have a day/night version.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

We'll be hosting this mission on our dedi server for the evenings fun, there should be a good few of us on. Server is in Dublin with good pings to anywhere in Europe. All are welcome to join in.

http://www.hlsw.org/gameserver/217.78.4.73:2302/ARMA2

Ahh, could not make it online yesterday evening. Thanks for trying it out :)

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Played this tonight after a few minutes we edited it to include Weapon respawn and an ammo box filler.

Good mission has potential to be very good.

Some issues:

Tanks spawning on their side for every 6 tanks in a town 6 were on their side.

Way more vehicles then needed (each time we cleared a town we got way too many vehicles causing our dedicated server to lag).

Enemy Ai a bit stupid.

Ferus Abad doesnt seem to finish, we gave up looking for the last guy.

Good points.

Plays well with 2 or 10 people.

Different tactics needed for each town.

Suggestions:

Stick in a patrol script so the enemies are not just standing around. Preferably a house one, they rarely used the houses as cover.

Fix the ammo box and weapon respawn :)

We will play it again morrow (drunk) on the server pog post above.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I thought I place enough opfor armor in the towns, because my experience with Domination type missions is that every one tends to grab AT launchers. Maybe I have overdone it a bit with the opfor armor. Will adjust that.

What do you mean with getting way to many vehicles after clearing an ao? After clearing an ao you should be rewarded with 1 or 2 vehicles at most. Did you get more vehicles?

Yeah the AI needs work, some opfor groups are indeed pretty stupid due to the lack of a patrol script. Have been messing with the BIS_TaskPatrol function, but it refuses to work on spawned units so far. I will see if I can find a nice patrol script that I can use.

Good idea about the weapons respawn. You mind giving me the code or a link to the code for weapon respawn? I havent atempted yet to get that to work, but it would be nice to add that to the mission indeed.

Thnx Again :)

Ferus Abad wasn't bugged after all, Max messaged me on Steam saying that there were 4 infantry at sw of town, next bunch of vehicles to destroy towns with are m6 linebackers.

Excellent mission, and runs beautifully for a beta, but needs a few changes IMO:

-better ammo boxes, (we modded the mission to give all combined ops weapons at the start)

-respawn with weapons, this was annoying, we modded it

-tanks spawning on top of each other

-stupid AI, as Kdjac says they need a patrol or house script

-too many vechicles given as rewards, this is like being spoilt, some missions play better when You are the underdog, maybe change it to 2 or 3 as reward

Our modded version is default on our server if You wanna grab it

Heya, It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with the rewarded vehicles as you only should recieve 1 or 2 at most per objective (besides support vehicles), will have a look at it.

Weapon respawn is noted, hope I can implement that in the mission. I will adjust all the opfor AI and reduce the amount of armor they use. :)

Well I am glad that atleast all the triggers and markers etc, are setup properly without any errors and the mission runs smooth in that sense.

Would like to know more though about lagging the server with spawning vehicles, that is not intended obvoiusly. :) When I was testing it yesterday in the editor I did notice a pretty high memory usage from Armaoa.exe, while it suposed to be a low lag mission with all the spawning AI that is only created when bluefor troops are near the objectives.

Edited by B00tsy

Hey thanks for the feedback. I thought I place enough opfor armor in the towns, because my experience with Domination type missions is that every one tends to grab AT launchers. Maybe I have overdone it a bit with the opfor armor. Will adjust that.

When we got to Feruz Abad, about 20+ armour spawned, 6 or 8 shilkas, 6 or 8 BMP's etc

What do you mean with getting way to many vehicles after clearing an ao? After clearing an ao you should be rewarded with 1 or 2 vehicles at most. Did you get more vehicles?

We got 10 or 12 at every cleared town

Yeah the AI needs work, some opfor groups are indeed pretty stupid due to the lack of a patrol script. Have been messing with the BIS_TaskPatrol function, but it refuses to work on spawned units so far. I will see if I can find a nice patrol script that I can use.

Try Tophe's random patrol script, not sure if it works with Arrowhead

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6078

Good idea about the weapons respawn. You mind giving me the code or a link to the code for weapon respawn? I havent atempted yet to get that to work, but it would be nice to add that to the mission indeed.

Thnx Again :)

We just added huge ammocrates at the start, get our modded version off our server, its the default mission, ip in my signature

I think it was around 15 humvees per town and about 20 support trucks :)

We had easily 100 vehicles after 3 towns.

Regards the enemy vehicles there wasnt too many just half of them spawned upside down (have you given them a height to spawn at?)

If you download the mission from our server ^^ it has Toadlifes weapon repsawn and Tophes ammobox filler scripts working in it.

When we got to Feruz Abad, about 20+ armour spawned, 6 or 8 shilkas, 6 or 8 BMP's etc

We got 10 or 12 at every cleared town

Try Tophe's random patrol script, not sure if it works with Arrowhead

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6078

We just added huge ammocrates at the start, get our modded version off our server, its the default mission, ip in my signature

Hmm thats definitely not right, there should only be around 6 opfor armor in a town at most and limited rewarded vehicles. Guess that explains the memory leak :) Weird thing is that for me the correct amount vehicles spawns when i get in range. Will dig into the problem and try to fix that. And thanks for the link, will try if it works for AO.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

I think it was around 15 humvees per town and about 20 support trucks :)

We had easily 100 vehicles after 3 towns.

Regards the enemy vehicles there wasnt too many just half of them spawned upside down (have you given them a height to spawn at?)

If you download the mission from our server ^^ it has Toadlifes weapon repsawn and Tophes ammobox filler scripts working in it.

Omg, the spawning vehicles is really messed up lol. It is strange, because the spawn trigger is set to activate only once. No doubt I did something wrong with the code then, an other fix on my to do list :)

Not sure if the ammo box filler is really needed as everytown gets fresh weapon crates, but weapon respawn is very handy to have.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Mirrored on Strategy Informer: http://www.strateg.....l

I use armaholic thnx >_<

Hmm thats definitely not right, there should only be around 6 opfor armor in a town at most and limited rewarded vehicles. Guess that explains the memory leak :) Weird thing is that for me the correct amount vehicles spawns when i get in range. Will dig into the problem and try to fix that. And thanks for the link, will try if it works for AO.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Omg, the spawning vehicles is really messed up lol. It is strange, because the spawn trigger is set to activate only once. No doubt I did something wrong with the code then, an other fix on my to do list :)

Not sure if the ammo box filler is really needed as everytown gets fresh weapon crates, but weapon respawn is very handy to have.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I use armaholic thnx >_<

Only 4 MAAWS and 10 HEDPs in those crates, run out of them fairly fast when theres 12 tanks in a town :)

We only used the ammo filler on the one at base so you only really used it when you died, it kinda worked as the ones at the town had enough to top up with before going to the next mission.

Its a very good mission and tbht he issues with are minor.

Sounds like a great mission. I'll wait for the first update since you've got heaps of feedback already and then give this a run on my dedicated server. :)

Yeah, I know enough now to know what I have to change and fix.

I am currently adding UPSMON patrol script to the mission and will add the abillity to heal wounds. The next version will be a lot better :)

Yeah, I know enough now to know what I have to change and fix.

I am currently adding UPSMON patrol script to the mission and will add the abillity to heal wounds. The next version will be a lot better :)

Heal works? I think thats fine the way it is if your intention is injured get healed or if dead respawn.

It will be limited healing, you can heal yourself 2 or 3 times during the mission, something like that. And then that it also only can be used if you cant walk anymore. Not sure yet though, first implementing the patrol script and get the opfor AI more nasty.

Should read this.

Should read this.

I ran the script with a lot of AI yesterday and it works fine, the scripts aint causing lag. If anything, it's the AI that causes lag the most. I see people complaining about the UPSMON in combi with ACE, so that might be the problem.

Any chance of an update - even a minor one - before the w/end?

No pressure - just lots of eagerness. :)

Any chance of an update - even a minor one - before the w/end?

No pressure - just lots of eagerness. :)

Would love to mate, but currently the mission is causing a unexplained memory leak for some reason, It has been reported to the BI devs, hope they will find the cause of it. Till then it is basically unplayable unfortunately :(

Meanwhile you can of course play my other mission Call to Glory (the original), althought thats more a SP mission due to the large filesize :)

Would love to mate, but currently the mission is causing a unexplained memory leak for some reason, It has been reported to the BI devs, hope they will find the cause of it. Till then it is basically unplayable unfortunately :(

Meanwhile you can of course play my other mission Call to Glory (the original), althought thats more a SP mission due to the large filesize :)

Have you ran it on a dedicated server?

RPT should give you some info on the error.

Well I tried, but my PC cant handle running a server and playing on it too :)

Dwarden made a ticket of it though! ticket

The mission map download link can be found there too in case you like to hunt for the cause of the leak, I can't find it. So far as I can tell after searching for the cause it is not the added scripts in the mission nore any triggers.