005w.jpg

Mirrors (any help is welcomed)

ModDB

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6muvzhnw5w5qnb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLP1ZT85

hostuje mirror (thanks to bielow)

Patch to fix a light anim mistake :

http://www.mediafire.com/?92vfk5523qeuv5i

(replace the config.cpp from @ww4mod21\bin\ by the one from the download)

Mirror with patch already applied :

OFP.info (thanks to Rellikki)

Note, if you want the old stand reloading animation instead of the new one, refer to this post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1745116&postcount=20

Note 2 : the mini mod version, WW4BIS, can be downloaded there :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1753649&postcount=66

This is not the complete 2.5 version i am always working on, but as it's been a very long time since WW4 Modpack 1.0, i release this now so people will be able to play around with new stuff without having to wait for another half a year.

And so i can have some bug reports i may have missed or not yet added on my todo list.

How to install

--------------

If you ever installed a beta, delete it from your OFP directory you will not need it (as the mod folder name has changed you will not mixmatch files, but in the case you have 2 lefts hands, better remove the ww4 beta or @ww4mod1 folder if you have one)

Once you have downloaded the archive named ww4mod21.rar , open it with by example winrar.

You will see a folder named @ww4mod21

Extract this folder and place it to your OFP directory where you usually place your various mod folders.

by default it is :

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

So you would have

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ww4mod21\

Once done, modify an OFP shortcut to enable the mod.

If you never enabled an OFP mod, refer to this

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/modfolders

The sortcut in that case will need the following to be added in the target line

-mod=@ww4mod21

You can add -nomap to avoid some memory problems with recent computers, and skip the intro with a -nosplash

So you should have added in the target line of a normal OFP shortcut

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@ww4mod21

That's all, launch OFP with this modified shortcut to play with the mod.

Included in the @ww4mod21 folder there is a documentation and classes subfolder that should contain usefull things to know for mission makers.

You can now disable the explosion and burn script if they are too heavy for you by adding in the mission editor the WW4 game logic (found under Side : Game Logics -> Class : WW4 Game Logics) named "Disable Burn Explosion"

The burn explosion script has been modified so it should hopefully work online too.

See WW4 Modpack 1.0 thread for more information.

Report problems you may notice so i can fix them.

Build missions, campaigns, skirmishes and have fun.

--While Standing with your rifle aiming, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to LEAN to the right or the left.

--While Kneeling with your rifle aiming, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to LEAN to the right or the left.

--While being Prone with your rifle, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to ROLL to the right or the left.

Works for when you have a pistol too.

--When you are running or sprinting, by default you have the weapon low, but "tap" the FIRE button of your mouse and you'll move your weapon up allowing you to shoot while running and sprinting.

Notice that shooting while running obviously lack of precision as you can imagine, and shooting while sprinting would need an insane amount of luck to land a hit.

--When you shoulder an AT launcher, note that you can walk, run and sprint, unlike with the default anims that have you stuck with walking only.

But i have not found any ways to configure kneeling and going prone with the AT shoulder like you do with rifle and handguns.

--But you can do it, when you are not moving and have the AT weapon shouldered, leave the TURBO key pressed and press the MOVE BACK key, your soldier will go prone.

--Now when you have the AT weapon shouldered, first press whatever key that switch your speed to WALK, then press MOVE BACK key and you will kneel with the AT weapon.

--To move over an obstacle like a fence, put your rifle or handgun on back and leave the TURBO key pressed while pressing the MOVE BACK key.

Your soldier will jump over the obstacle.

-added 2 ambient battle sounds

To have them played, in a trigger activated by whatever fits your needs, click on "Effects" then on Environmental sounds, you should find the 2 WW4 sounds there.

They are a bit similar, but with one sounded closer than the other so depending on your kind of mission they could have a use.

the class names of the 2 sounds for scripting needs :

WW4_Combat1

WW4_Combat2

2 artillery call game logics for the player :

-mortar

class name :

ww4_MortarLogic

weapon/ammo class name :

ww4_mortyshell

regular mortar support, just place "Enable Player Mortar" game logic on the map.

Few seconds after you will have a "Call Mortar" action appearing in your action menu.

select it and it will ask you to click on the map for the coordinates you want to call the artillery strike.

+/- 10 seconds later it will splash.

Once finished, 10 seconds later, the time the mortar reload, you will have access again to the Call Mortar action.

The explosion comes with their own visual effects.

-heavy mortar

class name :

ww4_HMortarLogic

weapon/ammo class name :

ww4_Hmortyshell

heavy mortar support, bigger explosion and visual effect, bigger damage.

Just place "Enable Player Heavy Mortar" game logic on the map.

It works the same as the regular mortars.

the reload is 20 seconds for them.

Note, the same as the other gamelogic, if you want to remove at some point the mortar call action from the player, give a name to the game logic you have placed on the map, then somewhere in your triggers or scripts, just add a

Code:

deletevehicle nameofthegamelogic

The player will then have no more mortar support.

The object that is spawned during the mortar fire is class named :

ww4_MortReveal

To have OFP detecting it , create a large enough trigger (that cover the size in which the player may unleash an artillery strike).

Set Activation to "Anybody"

Set it to "Repeatedly"

Set the Countdown line to 1 - 1 - 1 instead of the 0 - 0 - 0

At the line Condition, replace

this

by

("ww4_MortReveal" CountType thislist >=1)

That's all, when the player will unleash either the WW4 mortars or WW4 Heavy mortar, the object will be created when the artillery will splash.

And so if the artillery lands into the trigger zone, it will be detected.

So for the case of a group of AI enemy, you can set them to combat mode by having, in the trigger at the line On Activation :

nameofgroup behaviour "COMBAT"

In the mission editor, you will see for each side a new entry "WW4 Assistants".

In this new category there will be a "Dummysomething" (temporary name) , it is an observer unit that is invisible to the player and to the AI and nearly unkillable if hit.

You can use it for many kind of script or just observe an AI battle from close.

It has no weapons but has a strong zoom capacity.

class names :

Code:

WW4_DummyWest

WW4_DummyEast

WW4_DummyRes

WW4_DummyCiv

You will find for each side too many invisible targets, very inspired from FOX2 invisible targets and his priority system.

There are invisible target in LOW and HIGH priority, meaning that the AI will more or less ignore them if there are real enemy around them, again to use for many kind of scripts.

class names :

WW4_E... being east sided target

WW4_W... being west sided target

WW4_G... being res sided target

invisible target for infantry - low priority

Code:

WW4_EMLO_IT

WW4_WMLO_IT

WW4_GMLO_IT

invisible target for infantry - high priority

Code:

WW4_EMHI_IT

WW4_WMHI_IT

WW4_GMHI_IT

invisible target for armor - low priority

Code:

WW4_EALO_IT

WW4_WALO_IT

WW4_GALO_IT

invisible target for armor - high priority

Code:

WW4_EAHI_IT

WW4_WAHI_IT

WW4_GAHI_IT

invisible target for bombing (LGB by example) - low priority

Code:

WW4_EILO_IT

WW4_WILO_IT

WW4_GILO_IT

invisible target for bombing (LGB by example) - high priority

Code:

WW4_EIHI_IT

WW4_WIHI_IT

WW4_GIHI_IT

And that's not all, there is a suppressive fire script included.

To use it, you need a player to be be a squad leader (will not work if the player is not leading a squad).

And in the Game Logic menu, you will see that one more game logic has been added, just put the "Enable Cover Fire" game logic on the map, and it will give a player team leader a new action after 2 seconds.

As the leader, to use the suppressive fire, just select the action.

Then on the map click where you want the target of the suppressing fire to appear.

Soon enough the AI of your squad will stop, look into the direction of the target and will open fire.

15 seconds after the suppressing fire order has been given, the target will be deleted and the AI wil stop firing.

Note :

-Don't put the target too far from the AI, they need to "see" it to be able to shoot in its direction (put the target behind a hill and the AI will do nothing during the 15 seconds), even if it is invisible to your eyes, the script will reveal the location of it so the AI will know where it is.

-Apparently OFP AI has a lot of problem with the reveal command, as you will see if you play with the "yellow target boxes" enabled , strangely the AI will aim for the boxes that do not always appear where the target really is, i used a lot of workarounds that were suggested in some boards that noticed the same problem to be sure that the AI will finally understand where the damned target really is, but you can't do something perfect against such engine bug.

-Obviously the higher skilled an unit is, the quicker they may open fire, and the higher the ROF will be. Especially true with some WW4 troops, even with a lower setskill.

More game logics are available, here is their class names for scripting purpose :

Code:

ww4_SandStoLogic

ww4_DustWindLogic

ww4_TornadoLogic

ww4_SnowyLogic

When you put one of these game logic on the map, it will :

Enable Sandstorm : create a sandstorm around you

Enable Dustwind : winds pull dust around you

Enable Tornado : create a moving tornado at the game logic location

Enable SnowyLogic : Kegetys old snow script making snow around you.

To stop any of those effect, give a name to the gamelogic, and either by trigger or script, add a

Code:

deletevehicle Nameofgamelogic

Each script is able to detect if the corresponding gamelogic has been deleted and will stop the effect as soon as it is true.

The Tornado does not need to have its game logic deleted, it will stop after a minute or two.

Edited by Sanctuary

Recon troops for each side, new weapons, lots of retextured uniform etc...

A lot of what has been seen in the original thread too like some vehicles, the mission editor helpers game logics etc...

Thanks for the update!

Although I think the animation system has taken a tour for the worse, the forced running when going prone is really annoying and the super human speed reload is kinda strange for the otherwise sniper focused game-play of WW4, am also really missing the jump over fence animation.

STGN

For the stand reload, if enough people tell me they prefer the old slower version, i will reconsider, i thought people hated it as i read more complaint than praise for this one.

Ah yes i forgot.

The jump over a fence is always there but to prevent some problem has been relocated to the "weapon on back" stance.

Basically you put your weapon or handgun on the back and you can jump over a fence.

The climbing has been completely removed, to prevent some reported problems with missions in which walls are supposed to prevent the player to go in specific locations for mission editing reason, but that the climbing circumvented.

But i didn't removed the animation class, so you can always add it as an user action, or playmove it , the name was

MoveOver

or

MoveOver2

The forced sprint to lying is a new bug, i didn't noticed this at all before packing.

I guess it is one of the last minute modification i did to fix another problem.

Well, now trying to find which one...

That animation system is really a mess, fix something and it disturb something else..

EDIT : seems that bug can be fixed by changing this :

look for

class CombatToLying:Default
           {
           actions="LyingActions";
           file="stanisdolehu.rtm";
           speed=-1.5;
           looped=0;
           onLandEnd=1;
           enableOptics=0;
           interpolateTo[]={"LyingDying",1};
           soundEnabled=1;
           soundOverride="laydown";
           soundEdge1=0.1;
           soundEdge2=0.1;
           connectFrom[]={"Combat",0.5};
           connectTo[]={"Lying",0.5};
           };

see the lines

connectFrom[]={"Combat",0.5};
           connectTo[]={"Lying",0.5};

change that to

connectFrom[]={"Combat",0.1};
           connectTo[]={"Lying",0.1};

And the soldier will not be forced anymore to sprint to go prone from the combat stance.

Why ?

I have absolutely no idea, i don't know how it even make any sense.

Damn that CfgMoveMC system...

Edited by Sanctuary

Thanks but now it plays the standing to prone animation not the jogging to prone??

STGN

Good job with the update. Been waiting for the SCARs. The new other weapons are very good too.

Do you have a list of changes somewhere?

The desert versions of Malden and Everon weren't included in this release? :confused:

I see that you included HD versions of the vanilla pistols, which is good. Could you maybe do the same for the rest of them too? Namely the Revolver, Ingram and Skorpion.

Thanks but now it plays the standing to prone animation not the jogging to prone??

STGN

Damn, exactly what i said, those cfgmovesmc are such a mess that fixing something always trigger another problem.

Will wait a few days to gather more bugs reports and i'll release a patch, if i manage to fix the mess.

Can I use my old WW4mod1 missions with this new version?

No classes names have been changed, so you should always be able to use your old missions.

The desert versions of Malden and Everon weren't included in this release?

I see that you included HD versions of the vanilla pistols' date=' which is good. Could you maybe do the same for the rest of them too? Namely the Revolver, Ingram and Skorpion. [/quote']

The desert islands are in the middle of being redone, so i didn't included them because they were not finished unfortunately.

If i can get time for them, they'll come with the patch, if i can fix the animation bug STGN reported.

edit : guys, remember to tell me if you prefer the new standreload animation, or the previous one, the most numerous voices about this will get it changed or kept, as i dislike them both i have no problem with swapping one to another ;)

Added some more things in the 1st post that i should have added in the documentations

Edited by Sanctuary

You might want to remove ww4_bug.pbo from the release. ;)

Personally I think the previous reload animation was actually better, as it gave the character more cover when he would always crouch to reload.

Thanks for pointing it, i completely forgot it was always in there.

Guys, in your \@ww4mod21\addons\ folder, delete the ww4_bug.pbo, it is useless and has nothing to do there, it was a pbo i completely forgot to remove before release.

I blame my old aged brain that does not work anymore as well as it used to do (or as well as i thought it did ;) )

I'll throw my hat in for the old reload anim as well...

More realistic I suppose, considering the way OFP handles reloading.

all i have to say is... WOO HOO!

and please bring back the old reload animation. those who want instant reload can go play at the arcade. if you are too stupid to reload your weapon safely you deserve to be killed.

@sanc: so if you hate both reload anims what is your choice?

and thanks for removing the climbing animation but making it available. this is the best way not to break old missions with intentional obstacles.

Edited by Mr.Peanut
uranus

Personnally even if not really satisfied by it, i would prefer the old reload animation, at least it was helpfull to give the AI an illusion of it caring about cover a bit.

edit :

If you want the previous stand reload anim :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5SRSR5X

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?be5yc7qfemd96yv

Just put the anim.pbo extracted from the downloaded file up there in replacement of the one that is in

...\@ww4mod21\dta\

Then open the config.cpp located in

...\@ww4mod21\bin\

Look for

class CombatReloadMagazine:Default

scroll down a bit and change

speed="- 1.7";

into

speed="- 2.7";

And you should be set.

Considering surprisingly this time everyone seems to prefer the old anim, it will be in the future patch.

Edited by Sanctuary

Hi Sanctuary, first of all thanks for releasing this pre-fullrelease pack, also I wanted to tell you something about the soldiers speed, I mean now when they run diagonally they do with same speed as running fordward, so the problem was fixed, but now the soldiers are way more slower than the previous release (Running fordward more slower than before), how can I fix this? Thanks.

I think that reloading animation should be synchronized with sound of reloading. It was perfect in older version. Now it's not.

Thanks guys.

Hi Sanctuary, first of all thanks for releasing this pre-fullrelease pack, also I wanted to tell you something about the soldiers speed, I mean now when they run diagonally they do with same speed as running fordward, so the problem was fixed, but now the soldiers are way more slower than the previous release (Running fordward more slower than before), how can I fix this? Thanks.

Actually, you're mistaken, the soldier run at the same exact speed as the previous version.

And the soldier sprint faster than in previous version.

I think that reloading animation should be synchronized with sound of reloading. It was perfect in older version. Now it's not.

I'm not a sound tweaking expert, but with the tools i have, increasing or slowing down a sound speed will change its pitch (see an example of this with the different BIS voices, lots are using the same voice, just accelerated or slowed down, resulting in high or low pitched voices).

Having higher pitch sounds if i need to speed the reloading sound is not something i want.

So as it is extremely minor problem, i'll not bother trying to change that.

If you can do it without having the pitch going bad, feel free to help.

It seems to me that the suppressive fire could also be used by AI via scripting. Where is it located in the pack?

The duration of a sound can be changed without changing the pitch, but I am not sure how it will sound. Goldwave can do this.

How do I change the speed/tempo/beats-per-minute?

Use the Effect | Time Warp command. To change the speed without altering the pitch, select the Similarity or FFT algorithms.

There you go LT. Drake Jackson Rożek ! Snap to it! Edited by Mr.Peanut
nippy cocktails