Sign in to follow this  
Bryce23

co10 Valley Sweep

Title.png

I have finished work on my latest mission, co10 Valley Sweep.

It takes place in the center-most valley of Takistan. There are 2 squad of 5 soldiers. Your objectives are:

Main:

-Search the locations of possible weapons caches

-There are 3 caches in the valley, destroy them

Secondary:

-Eliminate all the Insurgents inside the area of operation

-Destroy the workshop the insurgents use to make IED's

-Talk to Yosef Masood, he says he has intel on the location of an IED or two

Tips:

-Keep an eye out, IED's can be anywhere

-Disassemble the static weapons found at the start and use them to your advantage

-Gear can be found behind the humvee at the start

-Help as many civilians as possible, but try not to put your team in danger

REQUIREMENTS:

-Combined Operations

I have made 2 versions of my mission, one using the British Armed Forces units and a second version that uses the US army models from OA (for the people who haven't bought BAF)

Features:

-respawn

-IED script

-Life like civilian population, they will talk to you, ask for help, etc

-Much more that i don't want to spoil :cool:

-Have fun and let me know what you think!

DOWNLOAD: Valley Sweep Co-10 (@) v1.1

Changelog:

1.0-Initial Release

1.1:

-fixed dialogue trigger

-fixed script error

-added first aid simulation

-changed respawn point

-added bikes and 1 extra static weapon to the respawn point

-Changed extraction vehicle class for the US version

Some screens:

Taking contact after attempting to help a motorist:

Contactafterhelpingamotorist.jpg

The IED workshop:

IEDworkshop.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Found a bug with the respawn, i fixed it and the new download link is up. :)

Edited by Bryce23

-Help as many civilians as possible, but try not to put your team in danger

this is what caught my attention,i´m curious to see how that works out ... tommorow

tried it out and we all spawned as birds, the Ai was on.

Clicking the respawn didn't seem to work.

tried it out and we all spawned as birds, the Ai was on.

Clicking the respawn didn't seem to work.

I've tested it on a dedicated server and a local server...i never had that problem. Were you playing the BAF or US version? Thanks for letting me know.

BAF, on a dedi server. Tried with AI on and off, same result. Didn't look into it too much, just thought ya might wanna know.

BAF, on a dedi server. Tried with AI on and off, same result. Didn't look into it too much, just thought ya might wanna know.

I just finished playing the BAF version with some buddies of mine on a dedicated server. All went well. But ill keep testing and maybe ill come upon that issue.:confused: Thanks again for letting me know.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:44 PM ----------

I have just finished an update for this mission.

Changelog:

-fixed dialogue trigger

-fixed script error

-added first aid simulation

-changed respawn point

-added bikes and 1 extra static weapon to the respawn point

-Changed extraction vehicle class for the US version

The download link in the original post has been updated.

Enjoy

Edited by Bryce23

Alright, I tried it again this morning, and the error I am getting is bon_settings\bon_settings_init.sqf not found.

I got my copy from armaholic, so maybe something is borked in that version?

This was the old version by the way, not the new one you've updated.

Alright, I tried it again this morning, and the error I am getting is bon_settings\bon_settings_init.sqf not found.

I got my copy from armaholic, so maybe something is borked in that version?

This was the old version by the way, not the new one you've updated.

That error message was fixed in the new version and the armaholic mirror has been updated

On the US version I cannot get my number 2 and 4 man I believe to gear up, they have no weapons and will not gear up at all.

Me and my buddies finished a run through last night. Overall, a very nice little map. I did add a weapon cache up by the respawn point (it only had the ordinance and basic ammo boxes). I also added another mortar up there to have a bit more fun with.

My only comments are:

-respawn with same weapons would help tremendously.

-Mortar runs out of ammo quickly. A quick fix would be to place an ammo truck nearby, or something.

-My buddy was commanding the bravo squad with all AI units. After he died, he never got command back (seemed to work for me on alpha though). With the AI as squad leader they never actually do anything, so he had to go rogue and went off on his own without his squadmates. The mission never succeeded because we could not get them to the exfil point.

All in all, a good map though. Any suggestions on how to deal with IED's? I kinda knew where they were, but didn't know how to disarm/disable them, so I just steered clear (sometimes).

We tried out your mission (US Army Version) yesterday on our root and found some serios problems in your mission.

It seems, you forgot to test this missions on a dedicated server.

-the differnet triggers you are using get activate by every JIP and respawning player

-our engeneer was not able to disarm the IED's

-some soldiers starts without any gear

-the humvees are not usable, not shure if intended

- already mentioned in the thread before, the player looses their whole gear at respawn and starts with the default class loadout

suggestions:

-why dont use the civilians to find the ammo caches? Delete the markers on the map and let the player ask the civilians if they saw any suspect locations

-remove the snipers and use the hills for insurgent ambushes

-great would be hostile reinforcements by using the upsmon-script

boggler;1742445']We tried out your mission (US Army Version) yesterday on our root and found some serios problems in your mission.

It seems' date=' you forgot to test this missions on a dedicated server.

-the differnet triggers you are using get activate by every JIP and respawning player

-our engeneer was not able to disarm the IED's

-some soldiers starts without any gear

-the humvees are not usable, not shure if intended

- already mentioned in the thread before, the player looses their whole gear at respawn and starts with the default class loadout

suggestions:

-why dont use the civilians to find the ammo caches? Delete the markers on the map and let the player ask the civilians if they saw any suspect locations

-remove the snipers and use the hills for insurgent ambushes

-great would be hostile reinforcements by using the upsmon-script[/quote']

I did test it in a dedicated server. Nothing you mentioned was a serious problem. Or even a problem at all :o

-These seem more like suggestions then serious problems. The triggers i wasn't sure how to change them so only the player inside the trigger sees the message. But they are activated repeatedly, so if a jip player joins and leaves friendly territory..it going to tell them that.

-The engineer can only disarm ied's like car bombs or mines by using the default engineer actions, like deactivate mine or repair car

-some soldiers start with no gear because i chose it to be that way. Since i added the arma 2 weapons i removed the scars (which i hate) so the us soldiers could only get the m4's and m16's

-The humvees are locked. They are only there to add ambiance. Its a short mission in a small area. I wanted to make the mission pure infantry combat.

-The player loses the gear they had because that's how the game works without any extra scripts or commands

Thanks for your suggestions

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

@greenpshycho: I only wanted to add 1 mortar because i thought more than 1 would be overpowered. It isnt a large or long mission and more than 8 mortars is not necessary. At first i put in 2 mg tripods and 2 mortars but i thought the mission would become too easy.

Im not sure why the AI command is not working. There are 2 squads of 5. I did nothing to edit the way the ai behave or anything like that. I dont think thats a mission problem but ill keep looking. Thanks for playing and for your feedback :)

Edited by Bryce23