Sign in to follow this  
Weedburner

BAF Coop30: Operation Bloody Sands

Hello,

Directly as i had BAF i started to work at this Scenarion on Shapur.

Players starts in their Vehicles,the Mech. Squad will be in back of Warrior,the Warrior Commander on Commanders Seat and so on.

Players have 2 things to do in the beginning.

First secure the Bridgehead area,the Playerbase will then Construct Automaticaly.Then the Players have to secure the Shapur Airfield.When Airfield is Safe 2 Helicopters gets transported to the Heliparks at Playerbase.

Enemys will try to blow up the Bridgehead once constructed.They will send a Fuel Truck loaded with Explosives,Players should stop that truck before it reaches the base..

When Bridgehead is constructed and Airfield is secured the Players must secure the remaing Parts of Shapur.

Features;

Smart Acting Enemys directed by UPSMON

Stryker Mortar Carrier fully functional (new Ari-PC is used)

Enemy uses a Mortar and has Forward Observers too.The Player Mortar Team in the Stryker should take out the enemy Mortar asap.

New IED from BAF used,have your eyes open ;)

Enemy Bases,Guardposts and so on constructing from nice looking Compositions.

Scripts in use:

Forward Observer by Nou,R3F_Arty and logistic,Upsmon,SimpleGuardpost,

and own Spawnscripts.

Download Mission

DOWNLOAD

Some Pictures which show some Bases/Positions like a Taki Road Checkpoint or a Spg9 Entrenchment.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Weedburner

I'm playing by myself as the Air Cav. officer in the chinook and nothing happens. The pilot does not fly my guys to the objective, am i supposed to wait for a while?

I'm playing by myself as the Air Cav. officer in the chinook and nothing happens. The pilot does not fly my guys to the objective, am i supposed to wait for a while?

Hmm,dont know why this happens.Everytime i test in Editor,i test to host a game on my pc and all works ok.And then on dedicated Servers something is going wrong.

I changed the Mission a bit.This Problem you described should be fixed now.

I also reduced number of Enemys to save Server Performance and added a litte new Mission where the Takis will blow up the Oil Storage when players dont succeed in the Mission (big Fire and Explosion Effects ;))

I also added the "Flak" Script for beginning of Mission

New better Version can be downloaded here; IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE 19:02 CET Please Download again,there was a little Bug,1 Player wasnt marked as Playable.Fixed now

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YWB91TSS

At This Mission the Performance in first Minutes is a bit badder than it will be later.This is caused the burning Wrecks (burns 5 min) and the Artillery Smoke Screen fired to cover the Airborne Soldiers,also the "Anti Air Gun Fire" from the Flak Script takes some FPS.But it will be better after the first 5 Minutes..The Smoke wont last long but it provides enough cover for the Players to get safety to ground and gather then.They should gather fast cause the Takis will send Technicals (Armed Pickups/Jeeps) to the Landing Zone.

To the Performance: I know my Missions dont have good Performance,but look at other Missions:You get a Task,you go near that Task,alot of enemys Spawn but they dont attack,they dont patrol,they not even defend correct,they just stay at their spawnplace,lie on ground when fired and perhaps they fire back,but only perhaps.There only Cannonfodder not more

In my Missions the Enemys will react much smarter,but this smarter Ai cost performance.In my Missions i also want things to look believeable,for example : A Heavy mg will have a Sandbag Cover,Ammo Box,cammo net and perhaps a little Campfire and a Tent for the Crew.All this cost some Frames per Second.

I used many spawning compositions to save Performance already.

Edited by Weedburner

I see an error message when I respawn at the bridgehead - "Error: Creating weapon BAF_L17_40mm with scope=private.

Also, just to be clear, you and your squad mates are able to respawn indefinately at the bridgehead? Is this the same for the AI controlled squads? Did you make it so that the Air Cav unit spawns in the air parachuting or did my chinook blow up before I even got a chance to load the mission? :D

Other than that seems to work fine and feels like an awesome mission so far.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

I see an error message when I respawn at the bridgehead - "Error: Creating weapon BAF_L17_40mm with scope=private.

Also, just to be clear, you and your squad mates are able to respawn indefinately at the bridgehead? Is this the same for the AI controlled squads? Did you make it so that the Air Cav unit spawns in the air parachuting or did my chinook blow up before I even got a chance to load the mission? :D

Other than that seems to work fine and feels like an awesome mission so far.

Your Qustions: Players would respawn at the Bridgehead even its not constructed,same for Vehicles,cause the RespawnMarkers already exists from the Beginning.So at the First Respawn of a Players,the Bridgehead should get constructed Automaticaly.Perhaps not the best Idea,but i wanted to Players to start in their Roles,so the Mechanised Squad is in the back of the Warrior,the Airborne Squad in a Hercules and so on.I will change the way i tell the Game that these Players starts in Vehicles perhaps it works better on ded.

The Start Helicoper/Plane is flown by AI.On Server which has AI disabled i think this causes a Problem too.

I will make an Video today that shows how the Mission looks for me in Testing.

Its a problem with ded. Servers.On My PC i dont have this Errors when i test the Mission it only happens on ded. Servers.You can imagine how difficult it is to find the solution when im not able to Test.

But i think im not the only mapmaker who has experienced this Problem that things dont work on dedicated.

Normaly it works like this (when youre at the Airborne Squad)

Hercules flies trough Anti Air Gun Fire (Hercules cant be damaged,AA Gun Explosions scripted from FlakScript),Pilots cries "were hit" and "jump jump" and Players then get ejected automaticaly from the Plane.When Players get close to the Landing Zone there is also a big Smoke Screen from 105mm Smoke Nades.

I already figured out that im not allowed to use "NUL=",thats bad for Online,better to use "Handle=". I Also try to make everything with Public Variables so it get transported to all Clients.

I have an Idea which could fix the Issue with the wrong Startplane

PS: Host the Mission on your PC (not dedicated) then you see the Problem.All is working there,but on .ded its not.

Edited by Weedburner

So,i changed the "Way of telling the Game to do things" i used in Mission,i think before it was too local,now its more Public.Now everything is in trigger which reacts to Public Variables.So it should be same on all PC´s on the Server now i hope.

I also did some gameplay tuning at the beginning.

The Story is that the UN Ultimatum to Takistan ended at 00:00.Since 00:30 Coalition forces are crossing the Borders to Takistan.

So the Takis are prepared and waiting for the Attack.I changed the behaviour of the Airfield Garrisson a bit so its more like the Takis are awaiting the Players.

I suggest to play the Mission in the Night (can be choosen in Lobby-Parameter)

The new Version with the hopefully fixed Parajump and some other little changes can be downloaded now from Megaupload and soon from Armaholic.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B7CWWHQG

This is how the Start for the Airborne Squad should look normaly.

Enbeding didnt worked please Click Link for YouTube Video >>>>>>>>>

Note: 18 Artillery Smoke Shells provide cover till the Players touched the ground.But after that the enemys Searchlights will illuminate the Area for the Defensive MG Nests...The Machinegunner and Autorifle and their Assistants should aim for the Smoke wall,as soon as it disaears take out the Lights and the heavy Mg´s or the Squad will have a problem.But the Mechanised Squad in the Warrior can help too,the Warrior Crew can bring them to a good Position.

I suggest that the Warrior drives to the runway fast and unloads the Mechanised Section,then shoot the scrambling Taki Planes.

This Happens when the Players dont destroy the Radio-Detonator in Time.

Enbeding didnt worked please Click Link for YouTube Video >>>>>>>>>

Note: Players get 5-10 Minutes Time to defuse the Bombs by destroying the Radio-Transmitter.Otherwise this will happen.And dont be close when that happen lol ;),this is an explosion of 2500 KG Explosives ;)

Edited by Weedburner