Sign in to follow this  
Herr_kalashnikov

[OA][SP]SF01: Vehicle depot

This is a simple mission in which you need to lead a US Special Forces team. The main objective is to destroy the vehicles at a nearby depot.

Includes:

- Custom gear selection

- Team switch

Credits:

- Kronzky - Patrol script

Hope u enjoy...

DL link here

Armaholic mirror here

Edited by Herr_kalashnikov

This has all the makings of a great mission. I would prefer if success or failure was determined entirely on achieving the objective, even if you are the last one standing. Having 2 more guys in the squad wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks for the feedback.

The condition was ment to prevent that if ur operator dies u have to hoard satchels to the objective. With the new rucksack system it's probably not needed, ill note it on the todo list ;)

Did u find it to hard (that u want more teammembers). It's always hard for a missionmaker to judge the amount of enemies to place. After so much playtesting u know what to expect. Was it the amount of reinforcements or the initial patrols?

Actually it is not too hard for a 4 man squad, its just that 6 gives you more options in flanking manuvers. I have played it twice and have had the game lock up both times at aprox the same place. Both times reached when reinforcements arrived and truck left scene when "arma stopped working". One game was before the other after the latest patch and latest beta.

Hmm thats realy weird runned it a couple of times no probs here, anything usefull in your RPT file? Or are u running it with mods (especialy AI ones i supose)?

I really like this mission and keep coming back to it. Unfortunately I get eliminate most of the defenders then it locks up every time. I did get a message "Too many virtual blocks requested". I am running the latest patch and the beta patch with the @CSM2 sound mod only. I can run other missions OK.

You and I are probably using a different strategy that would explain why you are ok. How do you approach the base? Do you use the main road?

Yeah i use the green slope to enter the town with the road. Then just a basic straight push to the depot.

Its kinda weird that i happens because its not heavy on scripts or anything. I run with betas to so that shouldn't be the issue. The error message sounds like some memory leak which is wierd because it's just a simple mission.

Could u perhaps try it without csm?