miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Updated Feb. 1st, 2011

GWMod.jpg

After much work and time spent, The Lost Brothers are proud to present the first major Gulf War Mod done to Arma II/Operation Arrowhead. This mod is very complete and gives players and mission makers the ability to recreate the combat atmosphere lived by US, Iraqi, saudi and qatar soldiers back in 1991 - Op. Desert Storm. As a project derived from the LoBo - Iraqi Army pack released 8 months ago, this project now adds the US, Saudi and Quatar troops to the battle against Saddam´s Army. It contains more that 100 infantry units, 40 vehicles, 10 brand new vehicles and 10 missions, not to mention the adjustments applied to the Iraqi side. We have many partners, and so we have made a credit file that is located alongside the mod download files. Hope you enjoy!

For those who had already DL the LoBo Iraqi Army Pack, you need to delete it before applying this mod. This mod has those units which have been upgraded, enchanced, corrected and adjusted.

Factions:

USA (composed of 1st Marine Division, 1st Calvary Division, US Army Special Forces, USMC Force Recoon) - BLUFOR

Saudi Arabia (composed of Saudi Arabia Army, Saudi Arabia National Guard, Saudi Arabia Special Forces) - INDEPENDENT

Qatar (composed of Qatar Army) - INDEPENDENT

Iraq (composed of Iraqi Republican Guard in two different uniforms, Special Republican Guard, Saddam Fedayeen Militia) - OPFOR

Installation:

To install just put the "@LoboGulfWarMod" folder into your main Arma II dirrectory and then create the appropriate desktop link to that mod folder. In your desktop link an example of what you might put into your target line is this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@LoboGulfWarMod -nosplash

Your file path may however different depending on what directory or drive you installed ArmA2 in. So adjust as necessary.

The content on the folder "mpmissions" should be placed inside your "mpmissions" folder, located at your main Arma II directory.

The file inside the "key" folder should be placed inside your "keys" folder, located at your main Arma II directory.

IMPORTANT: If you had already downloaded the Lobo Iraqy Army Mod, delete it first. The content on this mod includes those files, but corrected, updated and enhanced.

This pack simulates some of the US and Iraqi forces that faught in the first Gulf War including:

Iraqi Forces

Iraqi Republican Guard (cammo & green uniforms)

Fedayeen militia

T-55

T-62

T-72

BMP-2

BRDM-2

URALs

UAZ's

BM-21

ZSU-23-4 Shilka

BMP ambulance

Mi-24 Hind

Mi-8 HIP

SU-25 Frogfoot

Mig-23

Mig-27

Mig-29

Su-22

Su-25

EE-9 Cascavell (kept with original OPGWC tags as tribute to them and to Orson)

EE-11 Urutu (kept with original OPGWC tags as tribute to them and to Orson)

Custom AK pack

Saudi Forces

Saudi Army Infantry

Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG)

V-100, V-150, & V-150/90.

M60A2 tank

Quatari Forces

Qatari infantry

Qatari Special Forces

Qatari AMX-30 tank

U.S. Forces

USMC 1st Div and US Army 1st Cav Infantry

USMC infantry, Force Recon, armored crew, and ANGLICO units

US Army infantry, armored crew, and Special Forces.

Humvee

M2 Humvee

Mk-19 Humvee

TOW Humvee

SF Humvee

LAV-25

LAV-25 Command

M1A1 Abrams

M2 Bradley

MLRS

AAV7

M60A2 MBT

M728 CEV

Missions

Also included are 6 MP missions for the pack.

Requirements:

- Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead Combined Operations

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core (only required for some missions)

- Community Base addons (only required for some missions)

Download link:

ArmAholic Mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13345

YouTube Videos:

More pics:

LoBo_M728_CEV_1.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_AMX30_2.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_SpecialForces1.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_FedayeenSaddam2.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8407/aasite.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8986/checkpointl.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6608/t62s.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2799/iraqoutpost.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9364/generalt.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5696/planes.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5374/hinds.jpg

Credits are listed in the readme file.

Our Mod is a HUGE joint collaboration with dozens of addon makers and other mods. All credit goes to them and our OFP/ArmA1/ArmA2 community not to mention THE MOST credit going to BI for their outstanding models that we lovingly retextured and re-configured for specific countries.

The reason the tags stayed as OPGWC on the EE-9 and EE-11 is because, the Operation Gulf War Crisis Mod was an old mod team in OFP that sadly broke apart before they could release a full mod. Before they ended their mod however they released their models to the public to continue their work. This pack represents a small part of their dreams and I hope this is a worthy tribute to them and to Orson, one of the great addon makers of OFP.

Another huge Thank You goes to Vilas who has helped us out tremendously on our mod especially with the infantry base models on the Iraqis, the V-100 and 150 vehicles and with his weapons packs.

Finally... SPECIAL THANKS TO ANDREI for sprear-heading this project. Much of this would not have been possible without his very hard work and him kicking me in the ass to work on some parts of the project. Plus most of these addons will also be modified and used for our later Egyptian and Syrian packs so this has been a big help as far as getting many of our old addons converted from ArmA1 into ArmA2.

Enjoy!

[One small note- I'd like to make a public apology on behalf of the Lost Brothers Mod to Python.au for using his textures without his permission on our LAV-25 and LAV-25 Command vehicles on our Gulf War Mod Pack. It was not done intentionally, but it was still not excusable and we apologize deeply for the mistake. He has been very kind about the mistake and has generously allowed us to continue using the texture but we will be uploading shortly a revised Gulf War Pack to Armaholic that have appropriate credits. The updated version will also replace the the pack on our FTP.]

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

WOW!

Thanks for this and all your hard work LoBo team!

great job guys been looking forward to this, One more thing what happened to the mig29 and tu22 that you guys were work on? but great job anyway

Edited by esco7800

The TU-22 will be in an update... we're having major issues trying to get the damned FAB-100 bombs to work like they did in ArmA1.

The Mig-29... crap...ya know I forgot about that. I'l have to ask Andrei about that because it was working beautifully in ArmA1.

The TU-22 will be in an update... we're having major issues trying to get the damned FAB-100 bombs to work like they did in ArmA1.

The Mig-29... crap...ya know I forgot about that. I'l have to ask Andrei about that because it was working beautifully in ArmA1.

that's fantastic news looking forward to it, great start guys

The CS AK47 you might want to credit properly, the model's by Shrike and the skin by Wannabe. Used the model for ages back in the day, and the wood's a very distinctive orange. The other identifier is the texture names, QS_AK, which was the original release tag before Wannabe reskinned it.

The CS AK47 you might want to credit properly, the model's by Shrike and the skin by Wannabe. Used the model for ages back in the day, and the wood's a very distinctive orange. The other identifier is the texture names, QS_AK, which was the original release tag before Wannabe reskinned it.

Thank you for that information. I will add those credits to the readme right now and it will be in the next update of this pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

any other mirrors i cant seem to get the current download location to work it keeps telling me i am already downloading it while i am not

(and no i am not behind a proxy server or anything)

only option is to create a premium account with the site

EDIT : LOL just seconds after i posted this message my best friends over at armaholic show up again , thank the lord for those guys :)

Edited by supergruntsb78

i noticed strange lines comming from the republican guard men it looks like the shadows arn't correct or something like that

ps the same lines show on the pictue shown in the release post (#1) AA site picture with lines

Edited by supergruntsb78

Yeah...it's a bad shadow proxy. Wierd that I didn't notice that. That's an ongoing problem that has plagued our mod for a long time. We'll probably just substitute the shadow LOD for one from another infantry model from our IDF guys that I know works. It may not be accurate, but at least they won't have those wierd lines.

Some of it will probably work in ArmAII, but other stuff won't. :( Overall yes, it's meant for OA. I would buy it. It's well worth it overall.

For certain our upcoming IDF/Hezbollah release will be 100% designed for OA as infantry will use the backpack systems and the weapons will have IR lasers and flashlights.

Thank you soo much, this is compatible with just ARMA 2 isnt it?, or Must you have OA?.

If so I guess its time to buy OA.

Tristan,

should you want to use the addons with Arma II only, cantact me at mrsomecrazydude@gmail.com for instructions. Yes, it is possible. But as Miles mentioned you must buy OA, as the new addons (ours and third party) probably will be released only for OA.

Hey Guys, nice job on the aircraft! Especially the SU-22 and Mig-27. I also like the LGB view you give when releasing it from the Mig-27.

Hehehe...yeah that LGB view was a script made by Footmunch. All credit for the aircraft and that script goes to him...oh aside from the SU-22 which is by the great addon maker TomiD. We were allowed to use Footmunch's stuff with his permission but we are looking for a script writer who can include a way to get out of that script (like "esc" key) if you are heading towards the ground when you drop that bomb. So it's not perfect..but we're going to work on improving alot of things. This first release is a bit of a beta. But most things should work fine. We also VERY MUCH hope that this pack will encourage the Iranian Mod to continue their development. This pack and their mod will be perfect for mission makers wanting to simulate the Iran/Iraq war.

Our later IDF stuff will also be a great adversary for them in missions after we release some stuff.

i loooove the napalm!

great stuff.

edit:

some groups would be nice

Edited by Fox '09

Great work on this pack! Had a question though, which "timephase" are you setting the Egyptian and Syrian armies in? Modern, 80s or Yom Kippur War?

Top work guys. Just love this mod, cant wait to see them IDF. Keep that good work going. Is there an Egypt Army in the making? Classic Lost Brothers Mod.

Hehehe...yeah that LGB view was a script made by Footmunch. All credit for the aircraft and that script goes to him...oh aside from the SU-22 which is by the great addon maker TomiD. We were allowed to use Footmunch's stuff with his permission but we are looking for a script writer who can include a way to get out of that script (like "esc" key) if you are heading towards the ground when you drop that bomb. So it's not perfect..but we're going to work on improving alot of things. This first release is a bit of a beta. But most things should work fine. We also VERY MUCH hope that this pack will encourage the Iranian Mod to continue their development. This pack and their mod will be perfect for mission makers wanting to simulate the Iran/Iraq war.

Our later IDF stuff will also be a great adversary for them in missions after we release some stuff.

You should check out Nuxil's TVS script. It's not perfect realism wise (as the bomb seems too "agile"), but in terms of keyboard controls it all works quite well, including ability to switch back to pilot view and then back to bomb view as it falls.

i loooove the napalm!

great stuff.

edit:

some groups would be nice

Fox' date=' believe me, I have tried....']

over and over again...next update I will make them work, I promise!!

Thank you all for the feedback!

andrei

.....We also VERY MUCH hope that this pack will encourage the Iranian Mod to continue their development. This pack and their mod will be perfect for mission makers wanting to simulate the Iran/Iraq war..

Firstly looking good guys and well done!! :thumb:

Secondly, Stevieboy and I are busily working away at the next phase of the Iranian Mod, this one is quite large with a number of armor units and some Revolutionary Guards!!.

So we will see you on the battlefield soon. ;)

Couple of problems for me.

Firstly, a missing addon error. The error report has underscores in the filename, whereas the addon in the folder doesn't. I renamed the pbo so that it matched the error reported, but I still get the error.

arma2oa2010-08-1610-37-11-65.jpg

And.. Given that these units are OA, I hoped that they had a good thermal image, but they don't.

The two units on the left are your Iraqi chaps, the two in the middle are OA takistan units and the two on the right are ArmA2 Russians. As you can see, the Iraqi chaps have practically no thermal signature.

arma2oa2010-08-1610-57-04-97.jpg