Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

[OA] Morning WipeOut (airforce east) [SP/COOP]

Morning WipeOut 1.84

wipe2.jpg

East side, Takistan map, sp & coop (coop = 2x pilot)

Airforce mission

Playable planes are the SU-25, the L39-ZA and the Russian SU34.

Description:

Those dirty Americans Have destroyed our forward base south of Rasman yesterday and killed many of our brothers.

Our mighty army is preparing a large scale ground assault on their main base to retaliate against their pittyful attack.

Before our troops can move in we first want you to weaken their support capabilities, destroy their ammo depot,

artillery radar and their mobile missle launchers.

We have no doubt you will succeed brother. Allah akbar!

Tasks:

Destroy all targets marked on the map and optionally take out any US armor you come across.

After succeeding you land on the airfield at Rasman (north east of map) and report to Col. Aziz for new orders (mission end).

Features:

- A dynamic opfor airfied with friendly jets and choppers landing and taking off.

- The airfield is guarded on the ground and air with AI troops and vehicles/choppers/planes.

- Multiple US ground (including AA) groups spreaded on the map (random positioned).

- US & UCM & BAF air units

- environment effects module

- Coop has rearm,refuel,repair support on command (support on base and taxiway) - (5,1).

- Tense dogfights

- ACE compatible (more or less)

Tips:

Before going on the runway with your jet check the radar first to see if there are AI planes coming in for landing.

Before taking off look on the map first to know the precise target locations. Help defend the base when needed and don't forget to save.

Version 1.84:

- Added F35's and Apache's patrolling on the map

- New random moving MLRS's patrolling on the map

- Reduced the amount of waypoints and tweaked existing waypoints

- Added garbage collecting

- Improved performance a lot (beautiful FPS)

- AI will engage you more and assault the airbase more often

- Added respawn on the base

Previous Updates:

Version 1.8 (SP Only):

- I have added 2 more objectives/targets on the map

- Added bluefor ground (BAF) units that may assault the base

- Tweaked the Bluefor air units, increased their skill level and they will now gang up on you and assault the base.

- New Bluefor mobile AA added

- Removed Upsmon patrol scripts to increase performance

- ACE compatible

Update 1.2:

- Added extra ground targets (both sp & coop)

- Spiced up the target explosions some more (large explosions)

- Added extra hostile AA units and aircrafts to coop

- added empty support trucks a long the taxiway (sp & coop) so that you can rearm/refuel/repair without having to get out your plane.

Update 1.3:

- added crossroad texts - mission hints, objectives dialogs.

- Intro text

Update 1.5 (sp only):

- Added more objectives

- Tweaked AI movement

- Changed dialogs

- Added more enemy aircrafts and AA units

- Added combined operations content.

- Fixed a bug that caused a drop in frame rate

- Removed jukebox module

Update 1.6

- Added new moving ground and air targets with dynamic map markers (tank platoon, C130)

- New static ground targets

- More divers target difficulty

- sp and co02

- respawn

Update 1.71:

- Reworked all objectives and triggers

- Fixed dynamic marker on the C130

- Added Harriers

- Added more AA defense on the airbase

- Great fps now!

Version 1.82:

- I have rededuced the amount of hostile aircrafts a bit.

- Added nice intro music (on the background - low volume)

- Removed the Takistan SU34's (cos they suck) and replaced them with the Russian Su34's (cos the kick ass). Dogfighting will now be a lot more fun as these Russian versions are fast and highly maneuverable.

- Edited the win condition. Before you could basically end the mission at any time, now all objectives needs to be completed to be able to finish the mission.

- Fixed the C130 objective. You will no longer get a 'destroyed' message while the C130 is still in the air.

- Some other general tweaks

Download 1.84:

http://speedy.sh/2xC8Y/Morning-WipeOut-Co2-SP-1.84.rar

Armaholic mirror (1.84):

- v.1.8 SP_Co02

Edited by B00tsy
updated mission

Edited both SP and Coop mission. Noticed some annoying things while playing it myself and changed it.

Great little mission. Got shot down by an A-10 around Feruz abad lol will give it another go tommorrow.

Thanks Jazz. If you have trouble shaking of enemy planes you could fly back to the base where the AA static defense will try to take out the planes. A dog fight is more fun though :)

gave it another go this arvey, Got to Feruz abad and managed to hit the depo (that was one hell of a BOOOM haha), Got shot down trying to dogfight some pesky A-10s again (its hard with no Air to Air missiles). One thing i would like to see is after being shot down maybe have some guys in hummves and on ATVs come track you down.

Great mission mate!

Great mission B00tsy! :yay:

Would like to see more flying missions from you! Please, at least make this mission playble as Apache!

Updated the mission for SP mode (v.1.5), see opening post for update notes :)

Not bad... I recognize the basics... ;)

Thats just my lazyness >_<

I could fancy it up, but in the end that wont make it more fun, just makes the mission appear more slick, while it is baically the same mission.

Bump for a new update :)

Been some time I worked on this mission or any mission for that matter, but finally felt like editing now after playing this mission again. I have added several new targets, both air/ground and moving/static targets. More diversity in target difficulty now, some targets are obstructed by trees/buildings. Also edited some minor things such as dialogs and timers etc. Everything else is still the same, still those nasty A10's stalking you and ground AA units all over the map, so you wont get bored :)

What I still did not do is adding an official briefing/debriefing and tasks in the map menu. Not that it is really needed in this mission, it's all about the fun of flying and practicing your piloting skills :)

Download link v1.6 is in the opening post (includes mission map for easy editing)

After seeing someone having fun with this mission on youtube I decided to dust of the mission and work on it again :)

There were still some fps drops after destroying some objectives and some bad timed triggers and other little things that is fixed now.

Changed most of the AI routes and added some more opfor AA and added Harriers that may engage you.

All in all it's quite a challenge, it's still a basic mission without any fancy things, but definitely fun!

DL link is added to the opening post.

Update 1.71:

- Reworked all objectives and triggers

- Fixed dynamic marker on the C130

- Added Harriers

- Added more AA defense on the airbase

- Great fps now!

Excellent news b00tsy! Thanks mate!

The mirror is shit however! Keeps timing out.

Edited by Kremator

Yw :)

The latest version is now also available on armaholic.

Cool mate. I was able to download off the first mirror however only after quite a while.

Thanks for the update!

Bumping because I have released a new update of this mission :)

I have edited a new version purely for SP mode (to fit my personal needs). Great fun for the intermediate and advanced Takistan pilots.

See the opening post for update details.

The download also contains an older version that is playable in MP with 2 players.

thanks for the update!... love your air combat mission! long one if u just stick to the L39 :)

Yw, especially with the L39 it's quite a challenge as it doesn't have counter measures and only a limited amount of missiles. With the SU25 it takes me about an hour to finish it and with most or all hostile planes taken out :)

New update!

Before the ArmA3 alpha gets rolling I thought I update a few of my missions some more, cos I will be spending a lot of time in the alpha doubt (if my machine can actually run it) :)

So I have updated this mission just now, one of the missions I still regularly play myself. I also will be updating my mission 'Silent Justice' and probably 'Pre-emptive Strike' before I hop on to ArmA3, unless I need to buy a new PC for it lol.

update notes:

Version 1.82:

- I have rededuced the amount of hostile aircrafts a bit.

- Added nice intro music (on the background - low volume)

- Removed the Takistan SU34's (cos they suck) and replaced them with the Russian Su34's (cos the kick ass). Dogfighting will now be a lot more fun as these Russian versions are fast and highly maneuverable.

- Eddited the win condition. Before you could basically end the mission at any time, now all objectives needs to be completed to be able to finish the mission.

- Fixed the C130 objective. You will no longer get a 'destroyed' message while the C130 is still in the air.

- Some other general tweaks

The download link is in the opening post.

oooh! I loved this mission in SP, glad to see there's a coop version for it!

It's one of the few missions I made I am actually happy about myself, even though it is pretty basic setup with almost no scripting. The coop is now more as how the SP version was, lots of flaring and evading to make it to the end alive :)

Cool B00tsy, thanks for sharing this mission. Will you consider a no-respawn option/version for/of the mission? We would love that...

This version is without respawn already. Well you respawn as a bird. You still have wings! :)

oh, great! I don't know why but something made me thinnk it's base respawn. Good call!

cool, thx for update... didnt know either that the Takistani SU34 is slower... weird eh? are the Czech planes which come with ACR lite/full also better? Maybe you could include those too? (stolen versions or sold on black market hehe) :D