Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

[OA] Co04/SP - Steal The Car !

Steal The Car !

ofwke94.jpg

All people that have played the good old OFP know what they can expect from this mission, its simple but fun !

Because of the many random factors and the optional task there should be some replayability too.

Description:

Try to sneak into the village, steal the car of the enemy warlord and drive it back to your original starting location.

You also should try to locate and destroy heavy weapons hidden inside of the village, but this is a optional task !

Features:

• No addons needed !
  • CZ Special Forces against Insurgents
  • Random position of the car
  • Random position of the hidden heavy weapons
  • Enemy force and reinforcements are a bit random too
  • Choose your gear during briefing
  • Custom color filter (hope you like it)
  • Special script to prevent "crawl of death" (automatic leg heal)
  • Special heal script (thanks to Zipper5 for the idea and the soundfile !)
  • Enemy small-arms accuracy reduced (thanks to shk !)
  • Arwarness script for the enemy forces (thanks to afp !)
  • More human players = more enemys

Changes in v1.1:

• Removed pistols from the AI guys (because of a AI-Bug)

Changes in v1.2:

• Removed binoculars from the AI guys (because of a AI-Bug)
  • Fixed a trigger
  • Fixed behaviour of the civilians

(The pistols and the binoculars can be choosen during gear selection, but this is only recommanded for human players. Dont give your AI the pistols and binoculars back !)

Download:

Co04/SP - Steal The Car ! v1.2

Edited by Wiggum

I get some sort of login forum error in german from that link, any other mirror like zshare?

Sorry guys, filebeam.com was offline today so i had to find another host...

But the download link should now work !

...and dont forget to give me some feedback. ;)

Yes, the download does work.

I'm looking forward to playing yet another version of one of my favourite missions since OFP. Thank you, Wiggum!

Yes, the download does work.

I'm looking forward to playing yet another version of one of my favourite missions since OFP. Thank you, Wiggum!

Yeah, i too can remember it was the very first mission i ever played in OFP (and lost quit a few times... :D ) !

But be aware, this version is a bit more action-packed then the original... :p

EDIT:

v1.1 is ready to download, only one small change but could be a important one if played in SP !

Edited by Wiggum

Yeah, i too can remember it was the very first mission i ever played in OFP (and lost quit a few times... :D ) !

But be aware, this version is a bit more action-packed then the original... :p

EDIT:

v1.1 is ready to download, only one small change but could be a important one if played in SP !

It was also my first mission, second was ambush. :)

Link is broke again for me.

Great mission, 4 of us had 3 goes at it last night and got destroyed, will try again later

Link is broke again for me.

Now switched to Armaholic Mirror, hope it works now for all of you !

@ PogMoThoin

Great you like it, but you never were abel to steal the car ?

Sounds like you had some bad luck and there was always the full enemy force. :D

Good, quick mission.

One bug:

I blew up the Kord and got the objective complete message.

Then, after flogging the car and driving it back, I got a message that I had failed the heavy weapons objective. Odd.

Good, quick mission.

One bug:

I blew up the Kord and got the objective complete message.

Then, after flogging the car and driving it back, I got a message that I had failed the heavy weapons objective. Odd.

Should not have happened...

I have checked it and see no way this could happen, but i did a small adjustment to make 100% this can not happen.

(If you destroy the heavy weapon the trigger that would give you the failed massage gets now deleted)

v1.2 is ready for download ! !

wooo!

-k

??

:D

Edited by Wiggum

Wiggum,

I have finished your mission and it was great. I'll definitely play it again. It took me two trials and forty minutes to finish it. Adding AI-comrades was a nice idea. It's probably an ArmA bug but they sometimes spoke Czech and sometimes English.

Do you think you can unlock the vehicles at mission start?

I missed the sound files: "You're in position, Six. Now grab that car and get out of here!"" and "I knew you had it in you!" from the original.

I must have done something wrong but I couldn't heal one of my soldiers when he was injured. I tried the mouse-wheel but it didn't work.

Perhaps I should mention that I played version 1.1 SP at the highest difficulty.

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Thanks for the mission. Finished it on the 2nd try and had some really surprising moments coming face to face with the enemy. The 2nd time it happened it turned out much better :) , but it was no less an "oh shit" moment.

I didn't seem to have the heal option so I don't know if that's an issue on my end or not. Also, wasn't too fond of the color filter, it drained too much color for my tastes.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your feedback guys !

@ alpha-kilo

It's probably an ArmA bug but they sometimes spoke Czech and sometimes English.

Yes, it happens too me too sometimes, looks like a ArmA bug.

Do you think you can unlock the vehicles at mission start?

I mostly focus on infantry only missions (because i think the enemy AI is too dumb for tank and air battles). Giving the players the option too board a HMMWV with MG could make it too easy. I always try to get the player into infantry combat but if that cars where unlocked most just would jump in, drive through the village looking for the car...jump out and steal the car...mission over... ;)

But there is a old motorcycle unlocked near your starting position in v1.2 !

I missed the sound files: "You're in position, Six. Now grab that car and get out of here!"" and "I knew you had it in you!" from the original.

Anyone els gets this error message ?

I must have done something wrong but I couldn't heal one of my soldiers when he was injured. I tried the mouse-wheel but it didn't work.

You can only use the heal action on yourselfe. Your team gets only the automatic legheal to prevent them from having to crawl if wounded.

Also you should remember that i have decrased the enemy accuracy, so you have many bullets flying around you but most time you and your AI gus dont get hit that fast.

This is already a big bonus i think !

@ Grizzle

I didn't seem to have the heal option so I don't know if that's an issue on my end or not. Also, wasn't too fond of the color filter, it drained too much color for my tastes.

Can you please try out something for me ?

Open the mission again, just through a handgranade near you and let yourselfe get wounded by the explosion, scroll your mouse-whell...there should be a "Heal" Action now !

What, you dont like my color filter ? :eek: ;)

I will try to make it optional...

Anyone els gets this error message ?

I think he was referring to the fact that they aren't included in the mission, when they've been in both the OFP and ArmA iterations...

...to be honest, I miss the old OFP option of being able to run him over and see him fly through the air in slow-mo... my missus and I loved that in the original...

I think he was referring to the fact that they aren't included in the mission, when they've been in both the OFP and ArmA iterations...

...to be honest, I miss the old OFP option of being able to run him over and see him fly through the air in slow-mo... my missus and I loved that in the original...

Ah, ok... i thought with "original" he was talking about ArmA2... :Oo:

Hehe, i dont have OFP or ArmA1 installed but maybe i can get these soundfiles from somewhere else...

Edited by Wiggum

Wiggum,

Re: Vehicles

I knew you were going to say this. And I agree with you that the armoured vehicle would make this mission easy. But who knows, maybe the Takistanis can get hold of an RPG-Launcher. And a well-placed mine might add an element of surprise. Frankly speaking, I just made the suggestion because I find locked vehicles frustrating. Anyway, it is your mission and it is good as it is. Also, it is a remake of a classic, so too much new stuff may not be appropriate. The motorbike is a good compromise. It adds moveability but doesn't break the game. But as a good leader I feel responsible for all men under my command. So I am asking: Can I have another one, please? Or four bicycles, if you want to see us sweat under the Takistani sun.

Re: Soundfiles

Cameron is right. In a nostalgic moment I was referring to the original OFP mission. At mission start the player heard the sentence "You're in position..." over his radio. And when he safely arrived at his destination the face of his commanding officer appeared and he said "I knew you had it in you!" There was another sentence in case the player made it back to base on foot. But I don't remember it. I guess I haven't heard it very often.

Re: Healing

I understand and I'll try the stunt with the grenade. I must admit it sounds like a somewhat painful experiment, but in the name of science... (If you don't hear from me again I stood too close to the explosion.)

@ alpha-kilo

- Vehicles

Good idea...i will add a second old moto near the starting loaction so the hole team can be transported !

- Healing

I hope you will survive ! :D

Please report back if the heal action worked (should work well...never had any problems with it.)

Can you please try out something for me ?

Open the mission again, just through a handgranade near you and let yourselfe get wounded by the explosion, scroll your mouse-whell...there should be a "Heal" Action now !

Tried this and I did have the Heal option. Not sure why I didn't get it in game before because I was also injured then. Do I have to be injured by x amount for it to appear?

Tried this and I did have the Heal option. Not sure why I didn't get it in game before because I was also injured then. Do I have to be injured by x amount for it to appear?

No, if the damage is bigger then 0 you get the action.

So, i see it works. Thanks for testing !

And ColorCorrection can now be disabled by the player in v1.3 (currently "working" on it) !

Couldn't get from link, but Armaholic worked great. Thanks. Will try with a few guys tonight I hope.