Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Looking for "pilot.rtm to proxy" how-to

Good evening,

for my F-16 i wanted to create a new pilot proxy which has adjusted legs and arms. With the help of a tutorial i've managed to create an adjusted .rtm file, based on the AH1Z pilot (which already fitted pretty well and only minor changes were necessary).

But from this point on i'm stuck: how do i create a proper pilot proxy using this .rtm?

I have absolutely no idea... but would this fit into the category of "pilot proxy into o2 buldozer" thing or is it different?

Actually now that I think of it, proxys are just triangles with the name of the rtm, is that right?

Umm dunno, just taking wild guesses here. Put make a proxy in O2, name it same as your rtm which could be like f16pilot.p3d/rtm then. Try using that?

Sorry I have no idea :)

Actually i have a pilot proxy which is the one from the AH1Z which already fits not that bad.

Proxies are placeholders for ither p3d objects. On planes they're usually used for missiles/bombs aswell as for units (Driver/Pilot/Gunner/Cargo/Commander) to determine the exact location where they will sit finally.

Unit proxies include a .rtm animation file as this file defines the exact positioning of each bodypart. So as example the driver has the hands not on the knees but on the steering wheel.

Also true, usually in O2 a proxy is represented by a simple triangle but you can make the proxy shape visible when selecting respective menu option in the view menu of O2 (DX mode has to be off for this). Makes placing a lot easier as you can see the real shape and not only a vague triangle.

However, i have a .rtm file which includes adjusted bodyparts positions and now i need to know how to make it so this .rtm file will be used. Since it doesn't need modelling at this point but probably setting up configs correctly, i guess the forum is more or less correct.

Taking the AH1Z gunner as an example, maybe try making a patch to add to the following classes;

class CfgMovesBasic
{
access = 1;
skeletonName = "";
class ManActions
{
	AH1Z_Gunner = "AH1Z_Gunner";

then;

class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic
{
skeletonName = "OFP2_ManSkeleton";
gestures = "CfgGesturesMale";
class States
{
	class AH1Z_Gunner: Crew
	{
		file = "\ca\air\Data\Anim\AH1Z_Gunner.rtm";
		interpolateTo[] =
		{
			"KIA_AH1Z_Gunner",
		};
	};

Hey Myke, for the tutorial junkies here, could you please show us you actual config parts for making this proxy guy to work?

Would be great.

Sure thing, Snakey. ;)

class CfgMovesBasic {
class DefaultDie;
class ManActions {
	F16_Pilot = "F16_Pilot";
};
};
class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic {
   skeletonName = "OFP2_ManSkeleton";
   gestures = "CfgGesturesMale"; 
class States {
	class Crew;
	class F16_Pilot: Crew {
		file = "glt_f16\anims\F16_Pilot.rtm";
		interpolateTo[] = {KIA_AH1Z_Pilot,1};
	};
};
};

And in the planes cfgVehicles part:

driverAction = "F16_Pilot";

The .rtm file is a slightly edited version of the AH1Z Pilot. But please don't ask how i did it, can't really remember the steps.

Some things you might add:

- this doesn't create a new proxy in O2/Buldozer, only finally ingame.

- to create your own .rtm, check out the BIS proxies and select the one as base which already comes close to what you need. For me it was the AH1Z Pilot.

Thanks, added those notes. Also added link for page explaining to how to create visible proxy in buldozer.

Excellent. If i find time (and can remember what i've done)i might write a complete walkthrough. But don't hold your breath on it. ;)

Myke;1710900']Gnat' date=' you solved it, thanks a thousand times. I owe U one. :D[/quote']

No problem. Glad I was on the right track.

Its the RTM creation thats the hard bit im sure ;)