Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 72418 Available!

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Changelog:

[72417] New: Aircraft now auto-trims at high speed to prevent climbing.

[72407] Improved: More 3D/2D resolution ratios (8:7 and 6:5) added.

[72375] Fixed: Transport waited for dead unit to get out.

[72333] Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)

[72331] Fixed: Decreased tank sliding.

cool, good to hear about the auto-trim feature :)

downloading now

All this stuff is nice BUT,

where are the CORE bug fixes for AI???

- AI is not responsable no more, switching to pistol/binocular gettin stuck

- AI is walking trough walls, clipping trough wall in houses

"New Waypoints added"

- Assault Building

- Defend Buidling

I really hope to see something from this list soon!

Not compatible with previous versions? I cant connect to any server online.

-------------edit-----------------

hmm it appears I can connect fine, although all server have a red "?" to the left of their name.

Edited by -=seany=-

Same here, cannot connect to my server, little red circle and ? next to the server name.

edit : can connect, but servers listed with red circle.

Edited by fencr0c

That's been the case for most, if not all of the betas so far.

hmm it appears I can connect fine, although all server have a red "?" to the left of their name.

for me, this beta patch does not find multiplayer servers. I put the old patch

sry for my english :p

would be nice to see the ctd/memory leak issues are finally fixed and listed in the log.

:(

That's been the case for most, if not all of the betas so far.

I've not tested this last beta yet, but i've been testing every single beta since i play Arma 2 and never had any problem connecting to any server. :P

EDIT: Confirmed, no problems connecting to any server that i've tried. Yes a lot of servers in red and with the question mark, but i can connect anyway. (never happened with other betas)

Edited by Vixente

Textures are nicer in this patch. Lazer Light Show in co op Multiplayer crashes for me now.... never did before. I have never had a crash with OA till this beta patch. Oddness.

Running speeds seem slower. Can walk faster uphill it seems. Zooming view forward is better than the last patch but still chugging.

Character weight seems heavier. Weap aiming when firing seems uncomfortable/unnatural feeling in this patch. I need clarification on this, do we need to use any commandline addin stuff like cpucount etc, anymore? Thx.

Just tried hosting mp co op G Morning T Stan by myself with just A.I., crashed after playing for a bit.

Edited by Shataan

- IR marker still shines like flare with or without NVGs (it's been an issue for what - 3 betas now? Is it so hard to make it like it was in 1.52?)

- UAV tutorial is still broken

I've not tested this last beta yet, but i've been testing every single beta since i play Arma 2 and never had any problem connecting to any server. :P

EDIT: Confirmed, no problems connecting to any server that i've tried. Yes a lot of servers in red and with the question mark, but i can connect anyway. (never happened with other betas)

That's what I meant, about the red question mark. You can still connect to them but they don't show up as green dots with the betas.

That's what I meant, about the red question mark. You can still connect to them but they don't show up as green dots with the betas.

This is covered in another post, if the server admins copy the beta files into main directory e.g. the server.exe and the DTA files from the Beta into the main DTA folder then all is fine, shows green.

this version uses different method of resolving Expansions so it will report all servers as non green

only beta servers of this or newer version would show correctly

the joining might works fine for most servers (works fine for me)

Come on folks .... instead of griping about what is missing, start talking about what they put in!

You sound like whiny kids !

ETA on AI pathing fix? For Vehicles?

work in progress ...

ETA as always ... when it's fixed ;)

Ok, I changed the -cpuCount=6 and -exThreads=7 to all lower letters. Ie -cpucount=6 and -exthreads=7. No more crashes while hosting mp co op mission Laser Light Show. Wondering what this did, maybe we don`t need to add these commandline perameters anymore? *shrugs*

Textures and LOD are the best I have seen for OA and the Beta patch releases. (altho it does still chug a bit when zooming view forward) Running seems fine in all the missions I have tried accept Laser Light Show. Maybe it seems odd cause of the NVG usage? Lasers on rifles look cooler at night. A.I. seems to be more active.

When I said earlier about the character feeling weighteir, I meant that you feel more like you are there. hard to explain. Mean this in a good way. So far so good, changing the commandline all all lower letters seems to have effected the patch performance in a good way.

1 thing I hope someone has mentioned is how if you step down from climbing over a rock etc, your character seems to just sorta stop, and you gotta press the forward key to be able to move again. Hope they make it so you don`t halt, and just continue moving.

Good patch!!!!

Ok, I changed the -cpuCount=6 and -exThreads=7 to all lower letters. Ie -cpucount=6 and -exthreads=7. No more crashes while hosting mp co op mission Laser Light Show. Wondering what this did, maybe we don`t need to add these commandline perameters anymore? *shrugs*

Should make zero difference, and you don't need to add exThreads=7 since it automatically goes to that (with quad-core and up, at least).

You only really need to add cpuCount=6 if you have a six-core processor. Dual- and quad-cores are set automatically.

issues rocks with some rocks aren't yet resolved , still work in progress

usually what works to get unstuck from such rock is keep repeating "walk over obstacle" movement and sometimes combined with lay down

as workaround it's better than need to respawn or so

Although there are some rocks that are spaced apart that you can do this and get past, other larger rocks once your inside or on them there is nothing on earth that will get you out other than restart or respawn , had it the other day online, another guy disappeared into the rock and you could hear but not see him etc. You know when its game over because you are stuck in a jumping bunny hop loop "over" the rock so crouch and jump dont shift the model.

Either way your working on it and I guess not specific to this particular beta, but thought I would say.

I think what Shataan meant is when you walk on top of a short object like a rock and if you jump off by walking off the object your characters stops after the little fall and you have to push the forward button again to continue moving forward.

There's an obstacle course object in which you can climb up a ladder onto a narrow plank, walk along and climb off on another ladder on the end, now try to just jump off the plank without using the ladder.