Sign in to follow this  
arnoldardent

Strenfould island v2.0 addon for OFP

Hi all.

I would like to introduce to you the final version of my first addon - Strenfould 2.

I hope to find the strength to create a campaign on the island at future.

Well, then the description of this:

Required version of OFP: 1.91; 1.96 is recommented.

Addons:

Tropa addon,

UWAR_grass 1.23b,

AGS Industrial Pack Version 2.1,
but maybe later versions will be correct too.

boutique

You may to find it at the Strenfould_full_v2.0.rar at "Addons" folder, this has not too many place, but I cannot find links to some addons.

Addon's features: those things that I know as an unique)

There are prototype of real place "Noviy Svet" at Krym at the south-east part of island. It is a half of real settlement. By work I had use the Google Earth maps and photos.

I tryed to create realistic and beautiful landscape. Someones tell me that I did it!

There are such type of places at the Strenfould: steppes, mountains, desert, rocks and etc. But it is difficult to call this an "uniques"))

I wanted to make my addon realistic. This is my first addon, please not be a very strict

and finally some screenshots:

dxdshot1278168629.th.jpg

dxdshot1278168433.th.jpg

dxdshot1278167984.th.jpg

dxdshot1278167386.th.jpg

dxdshot1271954104.th.jpg

full gallery:

http://img197.imageshack.us/g/dxdshot1236190544.jpg/

And now - link to download this addon:

http://rapidshare.com/files/409740508/Strenfould_v2.0_eng.rar.html

There are changed names of towns to english at this version.

Well, I hope you liked it.))

Sorry for bad english)

Always good to se ofp addons,nomatter what it is,but people still use the trees from 2001

not the RES trees.thats kinda wierd. or is it me?

Nice map. In bigger cities it's a bit laggy, but very nice. Maybe you could remove some buildings in cities, and some military facilities? And think about using other Agent Smith's addons - like port buildings pack, so harbours will look nicer than now (with BIS objects).

Hello ArnoldArdent, to be sincere, I would personally give a 8/10 to your island, even it dosnt need too much addons for it, its very enjoyable as it is not plain, has big cities, mountains, bridges, bases, countrysides... As some people had said before big cities are little big laggy, found some irregular parts of land on the capital, the bridge conecting to the desertish land on the north its not in the very right position, well just giving some stuff seen on the island, as I have checked some more places its almost all fine. :)

Mi6k.Ghulham, because some trees looks nicely than resistance (imho) and lag less. :)

krzychuzokecia, at the beginning I wanted to use less addons, but then I don't think about it..

LT. Drake Jackson, which of the bridges?.. fact is that the bridges has diffirent height at ofp even if I check the same height at wrptool... Than I need to align it "with eye", maybe this problem has only my ofp?..

krzychuzokecia, at the beginning I wanted to use less addons, but then I don't think about it..

LT. Drake Jackson, which of the bridges?.. fact is that the bridges has diffirent height at ofp even if I check the same height at wrptool... Than I need to align it "with eye", maybe this problem has only my ofp?..

I think that novadays, everybody have most popular building/object packs (like AGS, 3WX, Mapfact), so number of addons isn't a big problem.

Heights of bridges parts may vary depend on your OFP settings, and even on number of addons you're using (I'm having different heights of bridges on Tonal Redux, on the same terrain detail settings, with only Redux, and with other addons). In my case, everything was fine with Strenfould bridge.

I think that novadays, everybody have most popular building/object packs (like AGS, 3WX, Mapfact), so number of addons isn't a big problem.

Heights of bridges parts may vary depend on your OFP settings, and even on number of addons you're using (I'm having different heights of bridges on Tonal Redux, on the same terrain detail settings, with only Redux, and with other addons). In my case, everything was fine with Strenfould bridge.

Ummm yes it could be that, but still I think that bridge at the north witch connects one island to another one that is desertish and has some rocks right down it, its long, if you enter the desertish island you will note a small diference of ground between the bridge and the island, still driveable tough

I test this island only with "normal" terrain resolution, maybe some objects have rather height with another resolution..

LT. Drake Jackson, that's right, this is my mistake, but cars don't damage by touch with ground.

I test this island only with "normal" terrain resolution, maybe some objects have rather height with another resolution..

LT. Drake Jackson, that's right, this is my mistake, but cars don't damage by touch with ground.

Exactly, curious that I didnt said before that cars dont take any dammage, and hey no problem is your first island its not that easy to search bugs at first sight, take it in a positive way it took to me a good time to search for bugs are at first sight so that means the island is really well made man. I think I said before it was a little big laggy, but still great man, thanks for releasing it.

are all the required addons in the package for this island?

yes, three little addons.

little big laggy, but still great man, thanks for releasing it.

thank you for praise, :)

But I don't know what to do with lags. Maybe, if I will create some mission or campaign, I will use some 'magic' with visual distance or fog..

Edited by ArnoldArdent

Thanks for the addon. Very nice! I love the topology and the different towns around. Very sovietic ambiance :)

However I almost cannot fly above the main city. I have a Radeon 5850! and it lags heavily like 3-5 fps... My proposition would be to remove the grass and try to find a solution for the corn field. Town itself is not so problematic I think. Or maybe remove a few grave from the cementery.

This may be a dumb question, since I have no idea what goes into making an island. But...is it possible to build caves into an island mod?

Actual, functioning caves that you can place units and equipment, enter and exit from, maybe interconnected tunnels?

@PopUpTarget

Ask in Map Editing forum (hint: Martin had proven that tunnels do work in OFP).

@Sirglider

Grass and corn field are not problem (many islands uses them with no problems). Lag is caused by number of buildings - like in every big city in OFP (see Bluff from Airwolf Mod). The only way to reduce the lag is adding fog - or inventing new graphics engine ;) And - do you use other mods or DxDll with settings on full? I have old GeForce Ti4200, and with low-medium setting of DxDll I don't have such low fps...

Thanks for this island - it's fun to play around with. Lags w/ my regular settings, but when set to 'stock' settings, Normal terrain detail and 900 view distance, there is no significant lag.