Sign in to follow this  
hellfire257

Replacement pack for StalkerGB's 3 Rifles

Hi all,

I've decided to create a replacement pack for StalkerGB's new British Army units. I've made a version for Operation Arrowhead/Combined Arms and an ARMA2 version.

The Arrowhead version replaces the standard US Army units, while the ARMA2 version replaces the USMC units.

As far as bugs go I cannot find any so if you do, please report them to me.

Requirements

StalkerGB's 3 Rifle units - here

UKF Weapons pack - here

UKF L115 - here

Server key can be found in the folder along with the addons.

Thanks

- Havoc Company clan for testing the addon.

- Rob for the idea.

- Stalker for making such great units.

- UKF for making the weapon packs.

> Click Me <

Have fun lads!

:yay::yay::yay:

I maybe petty by saying this but maybe get moderator to add "rifle units" to the end of the threads title, I nearly skipped it as I though it was for a weapons pack :)

Glad I didnt skip it, thanks very much :)

this is good, i did something similar myself for my own clan with usmc units and was going to port it over to us army units of oa, but now I dont need too. awesome and thanks

Now that STALKERGB released a different Arma 2 version of these units do you need to update/change your replacement pack as well or will this work with both versions? Or just the OA version?

Please let us know so I make the pages correctly with the info ;)

I checked the file and it SHOULD work okay, 99% sure since no names were changed between the models.

strange bug with mine , installed it and on start up says requires stalkers 3 rifles , even tho its installed and working correctly O_o

It needs UKF weapons as stated above, I will get onto him today and see if the pack needs an update as the UKF pack was recently updated.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but am I right in thinking that, provided I have the 4 above mods installed (Hellfire257's replacement pack,StalkerGB's 3 Rifle units, UKF Weapons pack, UKF L115), all missions that use the US Marines will now be replaced with British infantry and with British rifles?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but am I right in thinking that, provided I have the 4 above mods installed (Hellfire257's replacement pack,StalkerGB's 3 Rifle units, UKF Weapons pack, UKF L115), all missions that use the US Marines will now be replaced with British infantry and with British rifles?

Should be the case, should also point out that there are different versions of my 3 Rifles addon depending on whether you have OA or just ARMA2.

Link to ALL versions, its at the bottom of the page

No, it will ONLY replace the models for the soldiers themselves, not the guns they are carrying. The need for the guns is due to dependancies for the skins (they need UKF weapons). This could of been removed but required much more work. If you want soldiers with the guns you would need to use the proper models and mods serverside / clientside and have the units present in the mission template.

Basically this replacement pack is for those who want to have british soldiers running about, without the need for mission editing / addon installation on server. Obviously you don't get to use the sexy british rifles though :P

No, it will ONLY replace the models for the soldiers themselves, not the guns they are carrying. The need for the guns is due to dependancies for the skins (they need UKF weapons). This could of been removed but required much more work. If you want soldiers with the guns you would need to use the proper models and mods serverside / clientside and have the units present in the mission template.

Basically this replacement pack is for those who want to have british soldiers running about, without the need for mission editing / addon installation on server. Obviously you don't get to use the sexy british rifles though :P

STALKERGB: thanks for all your work mate. You're defo one of my favourite modders. Quality stuff every time, except for the early ones ;)

Rexehuk: thanks for that so basically this combo gives you UK infantry but default (US) gear. Moreover the only way to get both Brit infantry AND Brit toys is to edit the missions, right?

have all the mods installed which is why im posting here , cant understand why its asking for the missing stalker 3 rifles addon if ive already installed it

( have ALL the uk stuff installed that i can find on here and arma , weapons, stalkers 3 rifles, sas , sbs , landrovers, jackals, typhoon, merlin , lynx etc etc) all the latest versions too :P

well i figured it might be a newer version of 3rifles that might be bugging it , but if its all the same names etc i dont see it causing the prob?

i am putting this in addons folder for arma 2 and/or expansions\addons for oa right ?:P

i am putting this in addons folder for arma 2 and/or expansions\addons for oa right ?:P

NO. Modfolders, please use them.

If you don't know about them, read this, option 2 in particular.

yer i do but easier to say addons and just making sure it wasnt in some other area like in the data files or something as its almost a total conversion in a sense :P

Aggggh cant DL using filefront link... ERR. File not found... is it still being hosted??

Looky Here :cool:

Great work Hellfire matey does it for me very much :)