Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

tieronev3.jpg

VERSION 3.1 RELEASED

(note, this will probably be the last update for this addon, unless there are any critical bugs needed to be fixed. If anyone wants to do a multicam-retexture or something, PM me and we'll discuss it.

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC

These units are meant to be elite forces often working behind enemy lines, blending in with the people and culture of takistan, they are avaible in both combat outfits with some local clothing and state-of-the-art military equipment, aswell as undercover-versions with civilian clothing and more basic and local weaponry. And now also in heavy-versions with helmets and full gear.

I left them generic on purpose so that they can represent any number of elite operators, from Delta Force to maybe even the CIA.

Installation instructions etc. are in the readme.

NEW IN 3.1:

- Added ACU Heavy Operators

Screenshot of them here:

V3-8.jpg

- Added new headgear:

some of the heavy operators now have MICH2001-helmets with plenty of additions on them.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to use the helmets yourself, you need to choose it in the profile-screen if you use one of these units, since the helmets aren't on the model, but works the same way as glasses etc:

-(HEAVY) Team Leader

-(HEAVY) Operator (Silenced)

-(HEAVY) Operator

-(HEAVY) Assault grenadier

-(HEAVY) CCT (LD)

-(HEAVY) Team Leader (M4A3)

-(HEAVY) Operator (M4A3)

-(HEAVY) Assault grenadier (M4A3)

-(HEAVY) CCT (LD, M4A3)

-(ACU HEAVY) Team Leader

-(ACU HEAVY) Operator (Silenced)

-(ACU HEAVY) Operator

-(ACU HEAVY) Assault grenadier

-(ACU HEAVY) CCT (LD)

-(ACU HEAVY) Team Leader (M4A3)

-(ACU HEAVY) Operator (M4A3)

-(ACU HEAVY) Assault grenadier (M4A3)

-(ACU HEAVY) CCT (LD, M4A3)

Other units have the old helmets.

(Thanks VERY MUCH to ardvarkdb, DaSquad and TF86 for their SEAL addon, which the helmets are from)

Minor things:

- All operators can now hide bodies

- Demolition expert can now disable mines

NEW IN 3.0 (read it, there's a lot of nice, requested stuff):

Added new units:

• "Heavy Operator"-version of most of the Operators, with helmets and DCU-camo.
  • Added several versions of the Operator-units with M4A3-rifles instead of the SCAR-series.
  • Undercover Grenadier (with M4A3)
  • Undercover Automatic Rifleman (with RPK)
  • Undercover AT (with AK74 and RPG)

Config changes/fixes:

• Config is now in a separate .pbo
  • Made heads selectable in the player profile aswell as addable with the setface-command,
  • (the names are: tierface01 all the way to tierface24)
  • Added correct unit icon for medicV2.
  • Head armor has been adjusted (they had helmet-armor before)
  • Added some fixes to make it work better with ACE.
  • Added more suitable backpacks for some of the units.
  • Classnames:

ftmch_Backpack_Specops_STANAG - Backpack for units with M4's

ftmch_Backpack_Specops_AK - Backpack for units with AKM's

ftmch_Backpack_Specops_AK74 - Backpack for units with AK74's

Thanks alot to Robalo_AS for this, as he is the one who fixed most of these things for me.

Minor changes:

• Units now wear shades etc.
  • Fixed up some texture-flaws.
  • Minor changes in textures on some units.
  • Added some DCU-camo to the operators (not the undercover-operators) that didn't have any yet. (Apart from the Silenced one)

DOWNLOAD 3.0 HERE:

DOWNLOAD FROM FILEFRONT

(mirrors are welcome)

Changelog:

HOTFIX:

Addon finally signed correctly, thank you VERY much for your help Robalo_AS.

The sniper now has the same model as the marksman (this didn't work before)

Added unit: Spotter

Added unit: Medic (ver2), a medic with another model.

Removed "medic"-ability from some units that shouldn't have it.

Added some DCU-camo to some of the non-undercover units. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Rhodesy77 for supplying me with the DCU template.

The sniper now has the same model as the marksman

- Fixed icons for the units

- Signed addon

- Fixed Medic, didn't work as a medic before

- Fixed bugged faces on the soldiers using the KSK-model

Added Squads:

Tier One Patrol Team

Tier One Combat Team

Tier One Sniper team

Undercover Assault Team

Undercover Patrol Team

Undercover Sniper Team

Added new units:

Undercover sniper

Added new units:

- Variations of the original Team Leader and the Operator.

- Sniper

- Several new "Undercover"-operators, using more local clothing and only some military equipment,

and they use less high-tech weapons (a couple of M4's and some local weapons).

Small changes:

- Sidearms changed here and there, some units have been given glocks and M1911's instead of M9's.

- The team leader now uses the model with the pakol and a green jacket.

- the marksman now has the M110 NVG-sniper instead.

- the silenced operator now has different clothing.

- More filth on the clothes and some scratches and small wounds on the faces to make them look more.. worn.

BIG CHANGE:

- Implemented tier one BEARDS, hell yeah. Due to game-limits, they can't be as long and big as some beards in real life though, live with it!

SCREENSHOTS (New shots available):

V3-6.jpg

V3-5.jpg

V3-4.jpg

Thanks to:

Robalo_AS for helping me a LOT with the config in the 3.0-version, he did most of the work, and the addon would have taken weeks longer to make if it wasn't for him.

Credits:

BIS for the original models and textures.

ardvarkdb, DaSquade and TF86 for the new helmets (models and textures)

Me, (McNools, also known as Ftmch) for most of the textures.

Lennard, for giving me a template for one of the textures, aswell as parts of that texture (one of the textures based on the KSK-mod

els).

Fox '09 for letting me use his config as a base for mine.

Rhodesy77 for the DCU camo

All the great people of the community for your feedback and compliments, it really makes it worthwhile.

Edited by McNools
new version out

Do they have tier one beards?

Unfortunatly not, as you can read at the bottom of the post, I need some help with that for the next version. :)

Well, it's pretty much as local as I can make it, since it's not possible to edit the OA models. :) (and I have no modelling experience)

You can take the local models already in the game and reconfig them as BLUFOR, change the faces, etc.

You can take the local models already in the game and reconfig them as BLUFOR, change the faces, etc.

True, I'll keep that in mind, but right now I'm just going to focus on polishing these, there's alot of personal things going on in my life right now, and taking on too much works stresses me out, since I can never stop once I've started, haha.

Great work, glad to see your back to modding! :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you! I'm glad someone remembers me, haha!

Edited by McNools

Thank you! I'm glad someone remembers me, haha!

Someone? I bet everyone who has been here back in the ArmA1 days does remember you! Oh man, the countless hours I spent around with your desert vehicles :D

Oh and nice work with the operators, they'll be very useful for some missions :)

these guys are cool

now if only somebody could make their head gear standalone (glasses) (so you can select the head gear in description) then they would be perfect

ps. there are several bearded faces is OA & in the iran mod maybe take those as starting point

to my knowledge there are no wound textures for the delta farce guys. KSK?? maybe,...

to my knowledge there are no wound textures for the delta farce guys. KSK?? maybe' date='...[/quote']

Seems there aren't any wound-textures for any of them, so I'm thinking of just skipping that. :)

Awesome work man! They look great!!

I cannot accept this as Tier 1 Operators as they clearly lack any manly beards or prominent hairy features.

Recommend it is changed to Tier 2; they want to be all EA SF cool, but just cant jump and dive like mofos.

I cannot accept this as Tier 1 Operators as they clearly lack any manly beards or prominent hairy features.

Recommend it is changed to Tier 2; they want to be all EA SF cool, but just cant jump and dive like mofos.

Belive me, I'm working hard to correct the beard-isssue! Haha. :)

Edit: Guys, just so you know, the next version of these guys forgot their razors at home.

(no new beard-models though, just textures, since the only beard-model seems to be of takistani-origin).

Edited by McNools

I've noticed they seem to not work properly with ACE2. When I am playing as one of your operators I can't use any ACE keys. Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing a locally clothed variant.

I've noticed they seem to not work properly with ACE2. When I am playing as one of your operators I can't use any ACE keys. Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing a locally clothed variant.

ah, that's a shame. :/ I don't use ACE myself, so I probably won't make them compatible, if someone else would like to do it I wouldn't mind though! But they shouldn't do it right now, I'm working hard on a new version that'll feature some more variety in clothing, aswell as a couple of new units, and possibly even more civilian-looking units aswell. (possibly using the independent guerilla-models or civilian models, haven't started checking that yet)