Sign in to follow this  
BAEM

Steam - CO - Connection failed.

Finisehd downloading Arma2 + OA today, first started OA and played about 3 hours without any problems. After this i tried connecting to another server, there appeared a problem -> "Connection failed".

After some people told me i have to read this instruction http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214 to get it work, ive done that.

Now i can't connect on ANY server. Error appears 5-10 seconds after clicking on "Join".

My OS is Windows 7 64bit, if this help.

One thing is different to the instruction:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

key MAIN must contain correct path to ARMA 2

My one is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

Same for Arma2 OA

Thanks for help :)

Finisehd downloading Arma2 + OA today, first started OA and played about 3 hours without any problems. After this i tried connecting to another server, there appeared a problem -> "Connection failed".

After some people told me i have to read this instruction http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214 to get it work, ive done that.

Now i can't connect on ANY server. Error appears 5-10 seconds after clicking on "Join".

My OS is Windows 7 64bit, if this help.

One thing is different to the instruction:

My one is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

Same for Arma2 OA

Thanks for help :)

Connection Failed problem is STEAM issue (client fails to auth the game on server)

to fix it, please restart steam client

wow3264node is automatic transparent proxy system in windows, don't worry it's covered

also the STEAM has now up2date solution for the A2:CO

(details are here if you interested http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214 )

to fix it, please restart steam client

Restarted Steam client, don't worked

Restarted OS, don't worked

Restarted router, don't worked

Connection Failed problem is STEAM issue (client fails to auth the game on server)

This means i should ask in Steam forums for help?

Thx anyways so far.

no if it's connection failed to game server then it's not STEAM problem

sorry i though you have the problem when starting ARMA 2

tried any green servers in games list ?

tried any green servers in games list ?

Only green servers, yes :-) Ping is about ~60ms, just like in each other online game.

edit: ill be back in 1 1/2 hours, after Netherland vs. Urugay :))

Edited by BAEM

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101587&highlight=connect+servers

They're talkin about me. Maybe we should combine these two threads.

Interesting.

While sleeping i've downloaded ACE + Co.

Started Arma 2 (No expansion, via. Six Updater) -> Played about 4 1/2 hours. After this a bluescreen has dropped me out of the game. If i'm trying to reconnect to the last server i've played, i can't. Now i can't connect to any server.

Same problem: Connection failed.

:/

Edited by BAEM

Deinstalled Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA.

Re-installed Arma 2.

Connecting failed.

Is here nobody to help me, btw. with the same problem? I didn't bought the game to play it in single-player...

Do you use a firewall? Is the router open or does it block any ports/filter any incoming/outgoing connections? What other games can you play MP fine with?

Do you use a firewall? Is the router open or does it block any ports/filter any incoming/outgoing connections? What other games can you play MP fine with?

Router firewall, yes.

The router has many ports open, i dont wanna post em all now. Which ports i should open?

ALL other games working just fine. SC2 Beta, Mohaa Beta, CS 1.6, CS:S, WC3, Empire: Total War, Starcraft 1, Blur ... and so on x)

If it's a problem with a/the port/s, why could i play ONE time (at least for 3 hours), but after leaving/dropping and trying reconnecting, it won't work again?

Edit: I don't use ANY anti-virus tools or software firewalls.

Turn off your router firewall and restart router, then try to connect a server

And also make sure you have portforward/NAT the right ports, UDP or TCP to your local IP.

Some routers also need firewall rules if you have port forward/NAT.

Firewall issues

By default the Armed Assault server is reporting to Gamespy and it also uses the Gamespy server to negotiate a NAT traversal. If this does not work reliably for you (e.g. when running behind very strict firewall), you may need to open and/or forward following incoming ports:

port UDP (used for game)

port+1 UDP (used for server reporting)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

Following outgoing ports need to be open as well:

port UDP (used for game)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

Default value of port is 2302, but you may change it by -port command line argument.

Edited by MJK-Ranger

port udp (used for game)

port+1 udp (used for server reporting)

port+3 udp (used for von transmissions)

following outgoing ports need to be open as well:

Port udp (used for game)

port+3 udp (used for von transmissions)

default value of port is 2302, but you may change it by -port command line argument.

This means i need the following ports to be forwarded at:

But, I already opened the port range 2300 - 2500. Yes, to my IP address. And in my router (Netgear RP614v2) i can't differentiate between outgoing/incoming connections. If I open a port, its open, for both, incoming/outgoing.

But thanks for the ports, i'll give em a try by deleting the port range 2300-2500 and creating just 2302, 2303 and 2305.

This means i need the following ports to be forwarded at:

But, I already opened the port range 2300 - 2500. Yes, to my IP address. And in my router (Netgear RP614v2) i can't differentiate between outgoing/incoming connections. If I open a port, its open, for both, incoming/outgoing.

But thanks for the ports, i'll give em a try by deleting the port range 2300-2500 and creating just 2302, 2303 and 2305.

And try to disable or enable uPNP in your router if you have that options :)

EDIT:

Here is a nice site that tells you what ports needs to be open on different games for your router.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/RP614v2/RP614v2index.htm

Havent needed ur last solution, the one before was already the point! :)

Thanks to Dwarden, *Placebo* and MJK-Ranger for helping !!!

All works just fine now.

What i've did?

Deleted port forwarding 2300-2500 and created just the needed ones. Thanks :))))

having this issue. (or similar) get to connect in MP, hit the Ok button, and never receive files, Havent tried this fix yet. (which is odd, since its range, etc) but worth a shot! Tried several other things...

gk