Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

co51 Frontline

< Fuck this >

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

Awesome! cheers Oden, been wanting something like this for SP for a looong time... taking her for a spin now.

Great Oden! I can't tell how I wanted more realistic missions like this to be deployed :)

Downloading and dancing!

Thank you very much, not only for your hard work making such great mods, Oden, but for thinking of us SP players. You da man.

thx for the nice mission!!!but some camps generate in forest.

Nice to hear you like it so far, me and my son have a blast playing it too.

TeilX, yes the whole mission is massively randomized so sometimes stuff gets spawned in less favourable places.

Good to hear from you SP players, noticed there's definately some of you around :)

See updates in first post.

Thanks Oden for your wonderful dynamic mission, but to me the mission seems to be a bit confusing... Am I suppose to take the task and do it ? As when I try to secure or defend certain location, the task is either changed or over.

So I am not quite sure what to do... Some descriptive notes will help a lot.

Ah, yes it might look confusing :)

All in all, when one side only have 1 city left under it's control they will "withdraw from the region" and victory is declared.

As such there is no need to put effort into killing the other teams base, but killing the UAV terminal and other assets there, will ofcourse help your effort.

The tasks are very secondary, as a player you can easily ignore them and just see them as a notice where the squads of your platoon/company are heading - and they still don't update correctly in mp (Battalion CO issues a attack order on a town and then if available, a defend order on the closest friendly town. So going for defence can be seen as supporting the nearby assault on enemy territory - not so fun for players but it's more of an ai thing to create more depth in the frontline).

As company commander you might be interested in the tasks as they indicate where your platoons might be happy over some mortar fire just before they arrive.

Currently working on an update where player in a manouver platoon can request indirect fire when needed as the ai company commander might not time the fire mission that well :) . Also the update will adjust UAV detection range (currently 1km) to be more dynamic so you're not so easily revealed sneaking around the enemy countryside looking for radar sites with your Specnaz buddies (which btw also will get markers when being a player but not SpecOps teamleader).

Also, if not noted already, when you use the mortar battery the enemy arty-radar will detect your battery position by 100m and request the MLRS counter fire battery to fire, so if in range you might not see more mortar fire missions from your company (this is why specOps combined with UAV is rather important to early eliminate the enemy radar assets).

(and yes, when the enemy counter battery fires, your arty radar will detect them and request your side's MLRS to fire - cat&mouse game :) )

Early release had not airsupport map menu, so if you miss that please download the pack again (really boring to walk back to base with your specops after parachute dropping deep behind enemy lines rather than calling the extraction helicopter).

Ah Thanks! That's clearing a lot of things up.

Btw, just like to know whether this is made with DAC module? as it was laggy as first then was really smooth later.

Will try it out again later for sure.

Very interesting concept and sounds like a winner Oden - downloading!

PS: Where do you hide in the summer heat? Haven't seen you on NoSIG for a while...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Very interesting concept and sounds like a winner Oden - downloading!

PS: Where do you hide in the summer heat? Haven't seen you on NoSIG for a while...

/KC

Haha KC, naa dropped FC2 for short and got all locked in ArmA again - more or less with the creation of co12 series and this monster :p

TeilX, you're welcome (bwmod version is due for update as I missed to put in the german flag, and I think there was one other issue I noticed - if you guys have more realistic data on platoon structure etc. please give me a hint on how it really is supposed to be).

The German Army equivalent of the platoon is the Zug(In general, Züge are numbered with Roman numerals.), consisting of a platoon headquarters (HQ) squad (Zugtrupp, which exactly is no Squad) of four to six men, and three squads (Gruppen) of eight to eleven men each. Three Züge make up a company (Kompanie), with the first platoon usually commanded by a company-grade officer (Kompanieoffizier), usually a first (Oberleutnant) or second lieutenant (Leutnant), who is also the company's second-in-command. The second and third Zug are led by experienced NCOs, usually master sergeants (Hauptfeldwebel). In the first platoon a master sergeant is assistant to the platoon leader, with this role filled by a sergeant (Feldwebel) in the second and third platoons. Each squad is led by a corporal (Unteroffizier) and its size corresponds to the typical passenger capacity of its squad vehicle (either wheeled or armoured). The task of the platoon HQ squad is to provide support for the platoon leader and as a reserve force (such as two additional snipers or an anti-tank weapon crew.)

Fallschirmjäger (airborne infantry) platoons (Fallschirmjägerzug) have special operations responsibilities, and have command positions one rank higher compared to their corresponding position in a standard infantry platoon. A captain (Hauptmann) is the platoon leader, assisted by a first lieutenant and each squad has a second lieutenant or a master sergeant in charge, often supported by a long-service sergeant or skilled senior corporal.

sry only wiki hope somebody else have better info:)

Ah yes, thats the only source I used too :)

See first post for latest update.

Looks great ... trying ATM to port it to Tropica, ... my latest map, well as it is more or less a desert map, I believe I will need different units :(

Nevertheless ... new in front page at Armed Assault.info, with mirror links updated :

Frontline Multiplayer Mission Pack : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=multi&id=252

Frontline Singleplayer Mission Pack : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=solo&id=159

Hi Oden,

tried the SP missions, great work! my only comment was the downtime for everything to initialise and gameplay was somewhat laggy. I expect this has to do with the activity and ai units deployed. Is there a way to limit the size of the ai deployment as a global param on both sides?

cheers

Hi Ebola,

Yes, the mission is quite heavy on a single machine and is best run on a ded.server.

As long as you know how to de-pbo and repack the mission you can easily remove B-Company for a more lightweight version (I have that on a Utes dev-version).

Just remember to rename the mission foldername och the mission name in mission.sqm to eliminate the risk for conflicts.

So can i assume you plan to have frontline on other maps? or is the Utes just your own personal use. Would be great to have lighter editions for utes, isla duala and so on. That way weaker PC's can have fun too :D

BTW: using spec ops is serious RP fun.

There is a Utes version in the MP pack (not supposed to be there but what the heck :) ) try that one.

I just uploaded a new set containing Takistan versions for OA. With these all other versions have also been updated slightly so please download the packs again.

Takistan versions contains Czech and German SpecOps for those who like playing as such (as a grunt-player I must admit after trying those slots a few times they do add alot of fun gameplay too, specially when succeeding taking out an enemy radar site and the going extraction helo back to base - so I'm all with you Calgar haha).

I feel the pain for you ppl with less CPU power so I will look into a light version, maybe a reduced area company sized version with no MLRS.

First post updated.

For those porting this over to other maps (yes, you Gut :) ) just de-pbo one of the missions in the new pack and copy your mission.sqm in there, rename folder to denote the correct island and you should be good to go.

Hey Oden. First - thank you for all your work. Really enjoying your missions. I was just going to ask, if your planning to release a Operation Arrowhead version of your Cold Oden Warfare pack. Sorry to ask here but wasn't to shure if you still check posts for Cold Warefare.

Take care and all the best

Hi Futurenote,

Sorry, but there are no plans for further edits of Oden Warfare - too much hassle when BIS patches arrive (and in all honesty I only play my co12-series and Frontline nowadays).

First post updated with release of less CPU hungry 'Frontsector' - a Company Sized version of 'Frontline' running over 8 random locations.

YEAH ODEN, you rule brother. Downloading and running off to play as i just got home from work hehehe. That was timed to perfection.

hi,

you make the game that i looked for a long time (single player warfare that could be save)

but for me it's too laggy to be played in good conditions. so i decide to depbo the mission but what i should delete or modify without denaturate your work

thank you for all;)

ps sorry for my bad english so i'm french....