Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

CO10 ACE Whiskey Tango - (Generation Kill mod)

WT_BANNER.jpg

Description:

Brad's team will start in the desert southeast of Baghdad. From there they need to move in their Humvees northwest through the city.

The primary objective is to disrupt enemy communications and to destroy weapons stolen by Iraqi insurgents. Checkpoints need to be reached as well. The area north of the Tigris river should be considered extremely hostile.

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

Notes:

The 2 medics in Brad's team are ACE US Army since there are no medics with "healing powers" in the current GK build (at least I couldn't find any ).

For those who are familiar with the GK HBO series there is certainly more to ask in terms of how radio communication and the general GK 'feel' is depicted in my mission. But this is still work in progress and I will probably spice things up later on. It's been some time since a watched a GK episode and also this is what I could manage before the World Cup kicked off :)

Changelog:

v.0.98

- removed vehicle respawn script for all vehicles

- added more enemies on roof tops

- removed weapons respawn script, as similar functionality already exists in R3F Revive

- removed some of the civilians

- changed position of Checkpoint 2, now placed between the swords (suggested by EMERY)

- replaced medic supply box at checkpoints with vehicle ammo (suggested by EMERY)

- replaced spawning Humvee M2 open with the Mk19 equivalent (suggested by EMERY)

(the 'teleporting Humvee issue' is being investigated but is not solved in this version)

v.0.95

- removed temporary bridge since there is no need for it after latest Baghdad update (1.1)

- optimized enemy and civilian AI with regards to performance (waypoints, triggers, syncs)

- removed unnecessary triggers for performance reasons

- removed unnecessary/unwanted chopper transport script

- revised the total number of enemy AI and removed some infantry units without compromising too much on the level of intensity

v.0.90

- made the bridge 33% wider and raised it above water level. Also moved it a bit to the left.

- removed respawn for Humvees

- changed time of day; 2 hours earlier

- synchronized triggers for enemy technicals

- made custom music files lighter

v.0.85

- added custom music from the Generation Kill TV show

- changed some of the radio messages

- tweaked enemy placement in some areas

- added spawn message

Credits & thanks:

GK team for the GK mod + Baghdad map

ACE team always

FFAA mod team for FFAA terrorists

R3F for their [R3F] Revive script

Armaholic - you know why :D

BIS for almost a decade of fun!

Download link (v.0.98):

CO10 ACE Whiskey Tango

Required addons:

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras

- Community Base addons

- Generation Kill

- Baghdad

- FFAA terrorists

Enjoy! :)

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
new version

Very nice job Intruder, I played the mission today and really enjoyed it. I appreciate your effort on the "temp bridge" which was a very cool addition you made to the mission. Enemy placement was clever and I found myself yelling "RPG incoming!" and "Sniper, get down!" multiple times, and that is always fun.

Are there any servers running this?

I'd like to try it out.

Looking very nice indeed. The temp. bridge could use some work tough. My humvee got tossed of the side while driving over it:D

New version is out :)

Changelog:

v.0.85

-added custom music from the Generation Kill TV show

-changed some of the radio messages

-tweaked enemy placement in some areas

-added spawn message

Download link in first post ^

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
stuff

Thx for the mission! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

5635370.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ACE_core

DOWNLOAD - ACE_Xtras

DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addons

DOWNLOAD - Baghdad Map

DOWNLOAD - Generation Kill Mod

DOWNLOAD - FFAA terrorists units

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=242][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/5635370.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=1302]DOWNLOAD - ACE_core[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1id=1303]DOWNLOAD - ACE_Xtras[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addons[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=117]DOWNLOAD - Baghdad Map[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1438&game=1]DOWNLOAD - Generation Kill Mod[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1122&game=1]DOWNLOAD - FFAA terrorists units[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=multi&id=242]DOWNLOAD - ACE Whiskey Tango (v.0.85) - [2.2 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1302]DOWNLOAD - ACE_core[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1303]DOWNLOAD - ACE_Xtras[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - Community Base Addons[/url]

Hi there

I played ur mission but i just cant play it since there is massive lag for some reason any idea or u might want to take a look? i tried playing it on spawn i get around 20 fps when i look towards city and when i put myself in editor and test without mission i get around 80!

Any ideas what could be causing this? Hope u can fix

Hi strongbird and thx for the feedback!

Which version of my mission did you try? Do you get low fps throughout the mission or only at spawn? Are you running an ArmA 2 beta patch or just regular 1.05 ?

The fact that you get lower fps in a mission compared to running an island 'clean' in the editor makes sense, because you have no AI, scripts or other stuff pushing your CPU/GPU..

But granted you should not have a fps drop that big anyhow..

By the way I'm amazed you're getting 80 fps on any map in ArmA 2! :) What's your specs?! (I want 80 fps too! :D )

I'm always up for tweaking performance in my missions so I will check if there is anything I can do.

/ ]NTRUDER

Can this be played on SP alone? Would love to try it out.

New version is out :)

Changelog:

v.0.90

- made the bridge 33% wider and raised it above water level. Also moved it a bit to the left.

- removed respawn for Humvees

- changed time of day; 2 hours earlier

- synchronized triggers for enemy technicals

- made custom music files lighter

So now people should be able to cross the temporary bridge without problems :D But you still need to take it slow, just like in real life :p

@Muahaha

Yes, SP should work okay, but you might need to drive yourself when crossing any bridges. Other than that just go for it! =)

/ ]NTRUDER

Hi there

I played ur mission but i just cant play it since there is massive lag for some reason any idea or u might want to take a look? i tried playing it on spawn i get around 20 fps when i look towards city and when i put myself in editor and test without mission i get around 80!

Any ideas what could be causing this? Hope u can fix

I´m encountering same issue, the more progress I make during the mission the more the game stucks in a strange way, not all the time but mostly when moving and looking around and when enemy units appear. hope you find a way to get rid off it since it makes the mission almost unplayable.

I´m encountering same issue, the more progress I make during the mission the more the game stucks in a strange way, not all the time but mostly when moving and looking around and when enemy units appear. hope you find a way to get rid off it since it makes the mission almost unplayable.

same here.

For me it's always at my approached AFTER the checkpoint 2.

Hey coporado and dondaddah - thx for the feedback.

Yea that seems a bit messed up.. What version of the mission are you running?

I will see if I have some time in between the World Cup matches to (hopefully) fix the issue :)

Thanks again guys, stay tuned :p

Edited by ]NTRUDER
xxx

[/color]

NTRUDER;1650636']Hey coporado and dondaddah - thx for the feedback.

... What version of the mission are you running?

i'm at ver .85

i'll try .90 after work and report back tomorrow.

~Salute~

ps: it could just be just that part of the Map or that part of the City(?)

Edited by dondaddah
corrected double posting

still struggling with this. sorry.

Still happening around checkpoint 2. Now it's a (severe) dip in Frames and an 'occassional' CTD

BUT again i'll qualify ... it might be the map, or even my rig.

I still SALUTE the mission.

still struggling with this. sorry.

Still happening around checkpoint 2. Now it's a (severe) dip in Frames and an 'occassional' CTD

BUT again i'll qualify ... it might be the map, or even my rig.

I still SALUTE the mission.

Thanks for following up dondaddah and thx for the salute :)

I did some testing on my own and did in fact notice a drop as I moved deeper into the city. However for me it was only a few frames and didn't really cause a big problem.

After CP 2 enemy presence is significantly increased so that will bring the fps down, but of course it's not good if the drop is too big. I will do some more testing and try some of the available patrol scripts instead of hardcoded waypoints etc etc.

One more question - have you been testing on a dedicated server or hosting on your own machine?

/ ]NTRUDER

Solo. Yeah, the hermit who plays MP alone :(

(still searching for a bunch of 'mature' guys

who play with a sense of dedication and 'purpose'

like the guys over @ 6th sense.)

Though i wanna throw my rig thru a window most days,

It is in fact 'decent' : i7 960 6Gb Ram Xfire 5800 ATI's

So i kinda know it's not just me.

BUT ...

I give all the credit to missions makers like yourself,

giving time and talent, and asking little in return.

~S~

Mission updated again :)

Changelog:

v.0.95

- removed temporary bridge since there is no need for it after latest Baghdad update (1.1)

- optimized enemy and civilian AI with regards to performance (waypoints, triggers, syncs)

- removed unnecessary triggers for performance reasons

- removed unnecessary/unwanted chopper transport script

- revised the total number of enemy AI and removed some infantry units without compromising too much on the level of intensity

/ ]NTRUDER

New version available :)

v.0.98

- removed vehicle respawn script for all vehicles

- added more enemies on roof tops

- removed weapons respawn script, as similar functionality already exists in R3F Revive

- removed some of the civilians

- changed position of Checkpoint 2, now placed between the swords (suggested by EMERY)

- replaced medic supply box at checkpoints with vehicle ammo (suggested by EMERY)

- replaced spawning Humvee M2 open with the Mk19 equivalent (suggested by EMERY)

(the 'teleporting Humvee issue' is being investigated but is not solved in this version)

Thanks for the suggestions EMERY :p

/ ]NTRUDER