Sign in to follow this  
VeteranHeroes

ArmA: 2 CD key in use. (can't play at all)

Hi! I've been playing ArmA: 2 and ArmA: 2 Operation Arrowhead for the past month now. It's been a lot of fun. Recently, I have download a third party mod called, DayZ. I've been playing DayZ for about 2 days now and I've recently stumbled upon a error saying "CD Key in use". I tried and tried and tried to join a server, yet it keeps giving me the same error. Today I have been able to access a server and it comes to find out I am somewhere totally different than I last left off. I have lost most of my gear, and I am totally clueless on what's going on.

I contacted Steam Support under the category of "Lost of Missing CD Key" and they replied back to me saying that they cannot help me and that I need to come here to get a new CD key. 1-2 days ago I have recently contacted you guy's support team, and it said "we'll be back to you as soon as possible (ASAP). It's been forever now, because I had to wait for steam to reply (took 4 days) and I'm still awaiting a reply. I cannot play ArmA: 2 or ArmA: 2 Operation Arrowhead's singleplayer, nor multiplayer due to the error: "CD Key in use". I have a picture of it that I took via Fraps, and I would like for someone to tell me what is going on and how I can maybe get a new CD key. I really do not feel like making a whole new Steam account, and re-buying ArmA: 2 Combined Operations all back over again.

It's sad because I can't play a game that I had bought with my own money. I really want to play again, and I'm a bit skeptical on what is going on. I don't know who to contact, and I don't know what to do. I had bought the game via Steam and I have a Steam account. Please someone, I need help regarding my CD issues.

Thanks,

Veteran.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Screenshot of the error "CD Key in use";

http://plumcap.com/images/d80ceb.png

Perhaps you tried to use some sort of hack?

Hmm, by "hack" you mean...? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me here.

Hmm, by "hack" you mean...? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me here.

Hack = a cheat. If you downloaded any cheats, some of them may have been fake. They can steal your CD-Key and give you a bad one.

Hack = a cheat. If you downloaded any cheats, some of them may have been fake. They can steal your CD-Key and give you a bad one.

Not that I know of. I've only download DayZ. Steal my CD key? How would they do that? I spent $30.00 USD on it. Someone can't possibly have already stolen something that valuable.

Read this. It is explained there. "Not that I know of" still leaves the possibility ;)

Either way, try to re-install the game.

Read this. It is explained there. "Not that I know of" still leaves the possibility ;)

Either way, try to re-install the game.

Impossible. I don't cheat or use anything to promote in game content. Can you link me to a page where I can possibly get a new CD key?

Thanks.

Hmm if you are certain there hasn't been any incident from this direction, you propably have to try the re-install and wait for the support messages.

You could also contact Placebo and see if he can help you with the issue.

Already created a support ticket?

Best regards

Hmm if you are certain there hasn't been any incident from this direction, you propably have to try the re-install and wait for the support messages.

You could also contact Placebo and see if he can help you with the issue.

Already created a support ticket?

Best regards

I had already re-downloaded the game whenever I got the error a couple days ago. It still gives me the same error sometimes. Not all the time. I don't remember submitting a ticket at that URL. I submitted it to the one that Steam Support had addressed me:

http://www.bistudio.com/english/support