Sign in to follow this  
fuzi8n

[WARNING] "Hackers" using Mobile Proving Ground

Ok so this was brought to my attention after playing a few domination games. I've found that if you have mobile proving ground installed (an arma mod) you can access and use it just like you can via singleplayer. I myself sadly used the mod in servers the way I shouldn't have causing a bit of corruption so for the players I'd like to say sorry and I won't be doing it again. But to everyone who owns a server: MAKE SURE YOU BLOCK ANYONE WITH MOBILE PROVING GROUND TO NOT ENTER YOUR SERVERS!!! This is also possible to do with both the Arma 3 and Arma 2 versions of mobile proving ground. I hope my mistake and me fixing it by telling everyone what I did and by telling everyone how to stop it will help return servers to normalcy. Again I'm sorry for my mistake but I hope to fix it by telling you how to prevent it.

Also: Don't see this message and go try for yourself unless it's your own server, don't fuck up someone else's server like I did.

But he's a good person for admitting his wrong and telling us how to prevent it.

The servers should either be running sig checks or not allowing mods at all.

I've posted on this topic already here:

Proving Ground for ArmA 3

Just for the records: That "Mission" is constructed like a cheating console. I think it wouldn't make sense to use this "sp-mission" inside of a mp-mission. It is a knowing fact that it is used by cheaters for the multiplayer. It was created with the tools from BIS and is contributed here in this forum.

Bohemia Interactive Studios - what's wrong with you? Do you love cheaters more than innocent players? What more is needed?

Where is the difference to Proving Ground for ArmA 3? What's MOBILE Proving Ground?

Where is the difference to Proving Ground for ArmA 3? What's MOBILE Proving Ground?

Proving ground in the version that you can't take from mission to mission. Originally in Arma II, you can think of it as Arma II's armory except with more you can do/use. To get it into your missions you had to copy all the scripts over. Now the ones the cheaters use is "Mobile Proving Ground" because you can take it wherever you go, sp missions or mp missions.

If you have Arma 2, download mobile proving ground for it, Arma III's proving ground uses the same exact layout as the one in Arma II, so either it was a stolen addon or it's made by the same guy, but since I'm not the one to judge anyone or anything, I don't know if it's stolen or the same guy or whatever.

Proving ground in the version that you can't take from mission to mission. Originally in Arma II, you can think of it as Arma II's armory except with more you can do/use. To get it into your missions you had to copy all the scripts over. Now the ones the cheaters use is "Mobile Proving Ground" because you can take it wherever you go, sp missions or mp missions.

If you have Arma 2, download mobile proving ground for it, Arma III's proving ground uses the same exact layout as the one in Arma II, so either it was a stolen addon or it's made by the same guy, but since I'm not the one to judge anyone or anything, I don't know if it's stolen or the same guy or whatever.

Cheers, mate!

Probably another program is still needed to hide the manipulated PBO-files.

Here again the warning: These hacks are often infested with Trojans! Once you get a hidden process, other viruses can also hide!

Do BattleEye script control works with Arma 3? If yes - you can add string

7 proving_ground

to scripts.txt

and mpg will be blocked.

PS Of course unsigned addons should be restricted in server options if you don't want to play with cheaters.