Sign in to follow this  
FlibbertyJibbit

Arma2 Detail loading issue from distances.

Take a look at my this video. It will show you exactly what is happening. http://youtu.be/XYyLB3dwIt8

So as you can see, from a short distance the level of detail flickers quite badly. When I zoom in from a distance also it takes a long time to render.

I never had the problem before I upgraded my graphics card from a nVidia 9800GT 1GB to a nVidia GTX560. I also moved the game directory with all my steam games from Disk Drive C to D. The game run perfectly fine with the old card but was at a low graphical setting. In the video I was running everything on normal. My PC can run it on high but I just turned it down for the video. I've selected every setting for the video memory option and it doesnt fix it. During the video it was set to default.

I've also defragged my whole PC, defragged the game via steam and verified the game cache.

To some people it might not be a big deal but it is annoying the hell out of me. In my eyes the game is now unplayable because of how annoying it is.

I look forward to your responses.

P.S. First youtube video.

delete your (backup first) arma2.cfg and let the game create a new one. might want to put the video memory on default btw.

Edited by PuFu

delete you (backup first) arma2.cfg and let the game create a new one. might want to put the video memory on default btw.

Thanks for the quick response.

I had no luck with that. Also I already did have my video memory set to default.

try with 0 see if you got the same behaviour

try increasing your pagefile size (virtual memory) in windows. are your C and D drives different physical disks or 2 partitions on the same disk? may i ask why did u need to move the game directory to D drive?

try increasing your pagefile size (virtual memory) in windows. are your C and D drives different physical disks or 2 partitions on the same disk? may i ask why did u need to move the game directory to D drive?

Its the same disk with 2 parts to it. I didn't make the disk do that, it was like that when I got my PC, I dont know how to change it (if there even is a way) and it had more space so I moved all my steam games onto it.

Watching the video, i'd say this lod switching is quite normal. The thing is that as you played on low level details since, you didn't really notice it.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Yeah, It was never as bad as this. I don't know why it done it after I have installed my new GPU and I don't know how to fix it...

Yeah, It was never as bad as this. I don't know why it done it after I have installed my new GPU and I don't know how to fix it...

I agree - there was a time (pre-1.6) where it wasnt that bad. Now Ive got grass, trees, vehicles all doing this, and it just ruins the game.

Been seeing it for months.

Tell you what - try Chernarus, especially in towns like chernogorsk.

Im running an ATI high-end GPU, and an SSD off an older quad-core q9650.

Used to be better than this.

Do you have the latest drivers and bios for your motherboard? Do you have latest video drivers? I had an issue with a new GPU and updated both. When flashing the bios read the instructions carefully. Don't let the PC switch off untill the bios update is complete. Make a note of the current bios settings before you flash. It will set everything to default after which might not be the way it needs to be.

Do a reinstall of Arma2. Take care if you have a DVD of Reinforcments BAF PMC DLC, you only want the "Install BAF PMC content only" option. I defrag the partition before and after. Only run updates if you have to during the install. The fewer times you overwrite everything the better, as each time there is a possibility of errors occuring. Check your 1.60 update is the correct size / md5 sum.