Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

You're showing your age with that mate ;)

lol probably one of the youngest round here

lol probably one of the youngest round here

I kind of assumed he was of my generation since I've already had to explain the joke to 6 people already and 3 of them are over 30.

what? who doesnt know the happy days tune?

'Take my addons' Tuesdays

'When it's done' Wednesdays

Or..

J2yK-NUyAIY

Happy Mondays :D

Wow. I'm here consulting at a client's site and I thought I'd check the forums real quick, and I am so happy I did. Your articles are a blast to read, and now I can't get a naked you out of my head. :p

STOP SINGING! lol...but keep up the amazing work!

Abs

Wow. I'm here consulting at a client's site and I thought I'd check the forums real quick, and I am so happy I did. Your articles are a blast to read, and now I can't get a naked you out of my head. :p

STOP SINGING! lol...but keep up the amazing work!

Abs

Please tell me you are a Hayley Atwell or maybe a Kristen Bell look-a-like. If not...please stop thinking about me.

If you choose to continue, feel free to imagine a large shaved gorilla singing death metal show tunes.

@wolfbite did you get that PM?

Rock, I cannot unsee that mental image.

th_1317776185677.png

Brace yourself (again), he may be Gemma Arterton in disguise. Not a bad trade off though.

She went to the same school as Rock you know. Of course, the whole world knew that, he tells everyone. :D

She went to the same school as Rock you know. Of course, the whole world knew that, he tells everyone. :D

Gemma Arterton didn't. Get it right Paul!

Some other flat chested bimbo that caught your eye, i dunno. :)

Oh yeah I did man thanks... Had a few reads of it... Now to pull the old finger out.... But I'm such a lazy bastard :P

Just Installed Win7 and just reinstalled everything so hopefully will get some spare time to get down to working on it again...

Really excited for these updates on the Typhoon I cannay wait... Keep it up man.

Although I dont think I quite agree on the f-35 procurements at all...

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120416/DEFREG02/304160002/Paper-U-K-Reverting-STOVL-JSF-its-Carriers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I'm sorry, Rock, but back to work (again) on the Lightning II Bravo (It seems that UK will buy Bs, not Cs)

isnt one of the new queen lizy class carriers still non-catobar? so wouldnt they need to buy B variants?

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120416/DEFREG02/304160002/Paper-U-K-Reverting-STOVL-JSF-its-Carriers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I'm sorry, Rock, but back to work (again) on the Lightning II Bravo (It seems that UK will buy Bs, not Cs)

Its not a done deal just yet. It looks like its a political issue to me but I'm at a loss as to why they say"Britain’s military chiefs have unanimously backed a plan to switch back to the short take-off, vertical-landing (STOVL) version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to equip its aircraft carriers, a report in The Times newspaper said April 16."

The RAF in particular wanted the C from the start because it was going to be cheaper to operate. The RN originally welcomed the change because it meant a return to proper carrier operations. And the Army just wanted rid of the RAF and RN so wanted it cancelled. ;) I have my doubts given the quality of the reporting on the F-35 issues. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a leaked memo about the costs etc. And if the revision actually does happen, all I can assume is that it there are political and financial elements to it rather than the needs and desires of the Military.

The politics, well The ConDem government apparently never asked the US government about the change prior to the announcement. Although it is apparently in the contract that is legal to do so. But the news was greeted with some grumbles in Washington and from the USMC in particular. Since the change meant a further cost increase for the F-35B pushing it dangerously close to cancellation. I know from friend in Lockheed that there was an awful lot of politicking going on after the news about the change to the C broke.

Financial, well there is a lot of publicity around the cost to change in deck layout for the CVFs. Again from a friend at Filton, he doesn't seem to think the end cost is going to be anything close to what the press seem fond on reporting. But it is certainly adding to the pressure being put on the MoD and moron known as Cameron. So I think its - as usual - a load of hyped up press BS. If it does happen then I think it will be the wrong decision, but Im not the one who has to make it and we're never going to get the real story are we.

Either way, there will be an RAF & RN F-35C flying in this game series. There might even be an F-35B too.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

isnt one of the new queen lizy class carriers still non-catobar? so wouldnt they need to buy B variants?

Nope they were actually going to make the decks identical so that each ship could be - eventually - rotated through refit and still conduct fixed wing ops. But they did plan on using the other carrier; HMS Prince of Wales as a rather large helicopter/assualt carrier to replace HMS Ocean's role.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
Grammar

Just a couple of RKSL titbits:

WIP Wednesdays

Week 16 WIP Wednesday - Projects that time forgot - Regular news/bloggy/rambling titbit thing.< NEW

Week 15 WIP Wednesday - Typhoon update click here.

Week 14 WIP Wednesday - Modeling and the F-35C.

Week 13 WIP Wednesday - Challenger 2. - UPDATE - Challenger 2 MBT Hi-Poly Tracks - New pic.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Interesting indeed. The pain of seeing TSR-2 in any form still hurts aplenty, such a sad waste. It is also a bit of a coincidence as I was clearing out my nans garage today as she's had an offer for one of her milling machines, finding machined parts for both Concorde and the TSR-2 as my grandad's old company worked on both.

anything on the tornado? that's my No.1 right now and it would be cool if it comes out soon. Arma 2 is in despite need of a 2 seater British bomber.

Although I dont think I quite agree on the f-35 procurements at all...

I'm curious, with what and why dont you agree with it?

anything on the tornado? that's my No.1 right now and it would be cool if it comes out soon. Arma 2 is in despite need of a 2 seater British bomber.

Sadly its not our no1 priority I'm afraid. Its have nearly all the UV's reworked (again). I've changed my work flow so that i can improve the textureing and detail. The new process gives a much better result than just painting on a single UV sheet. This has meant that the Tonk has been delayed delayed again but it is going to be worth it. At least I think it is. The first renders and baked textures are much better than my PS hand drawn efforts.