Sign in to follow this  

Oh...also, BIS isn't in the habit of showing half finished work.

:j:

Abs

Nope, they don't show it, they sell it. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But anyone remember prior to ArmA 2 release as BIS released vids of the different faction.....can't remember in which one it was but in one you could see a train passing in the background.....so for me it is not that unlikely but the fact it is posted in the addons discussion section...IMHO a clever move from Tankbuster... ;)

A website for the promotion of secrecy, waterboarding, oppression, assassination of journalists, and government controlled internet I bet.

Where do I sign up? :)

Well played...

Im planning not to have any passangers transportable. But this allows you to paint it into any livery you want. Modelwise there will be a civilian and the military tanker. And hopefully a retexture kit will follow.

Im planning not to have any passangers transportable. But this allows you to paint it into any livery you want. Modelwise there will be a civilian and the military tanker. And hopefully a retexture kit will follow.

You should make a 'airborne warning and control system' variant too!

The original maker did not post

How do you know that?

Also is this not against the rules to post stuff about an addon if you don't have permission to do so from original maker?

Depends on your interpretation of rule 20. It doesn't say "You can't post screenshots of an addon if you don't have permission"

If this was an official BIS addon it would be on one of the many Bohemia pages not an addon thread with zero information.

Are you party to Bohemia's marketing strategy?

Steady Mr. Tank.

Soul, Do you plane to create a static one? somethings that enterable for those illustrious hostage rescues of the 70s?

I asked the exact same question. Dawson's Field was the first time I watched the news as a child and became aware of mans inhumanity to man.

Edited by Tankbuster

And your source for this is?

I wouldn't exactly post such a definitive answer as a forum moderator if I didn't get the answer from BIS themselves now, would I?

Myke;1851141']But anyone remember prior to ArmA 2 release as BIS released vids of the different faction.....can't remember in which one it was but in one you could see a train passing in the background

That was admitted to being fake by BIS. Staged just for that shot in the video' date=' which was the NAPA trailer.

[YOUTUBE']sDXoQvn8R4w[/YOUTUBE]

Anyways, enough offtopic from me now that we've sorted it out I guess.

Chill out tank. You were privileged to all the info and the rest of us were not. Now that the issue has been resolved and we have the same information that you had since the beginning all is good.

Making a cryptic post like this in the first place was all your doing.

FPDR You realize that there is no AWACS version of the dc-10, right?

I do. But no one's making any AWAC version, and so I thought it might be a good idea to implement it into this.

started working on the base texture (no material):

dc103.jpg

inset shows how base is used to make a sample USAF version

Nice fuss with the site Tanky! :yay: :yay:

@Soul_Assassin: Absolutely beautiful work as always mate!

I wouldn't exactly post such a definitive answer as a forum moderator if I didn't get the answer from BIS themselves now, would I?

This coming from the guy who basically singlehandedly flamed the last 10 pages of the (now closed) RKSL WIP thread? WOW :eek: Or are you saying that came from BIS too? Which brings me to question why on earth are you still even a moderator?

Kind regards,

Sekra

This coming from the guy who basically singlehandedly flamed the last 10 pages of the (now closed) RKSL WIP thread? WOW :eek: Or are you saying that came from BIS too? Which brings me to question why on earth are you still even a moderator?

And that coming from a guy who thinks that underground addon releasing is the way to go.

Forum members, including moderators, have the right to express their personal views and frankly the only flames were spewed by Rock's overdefensive fans who apparently hate BIS for making an easily moddable game.

And that coming from a guy who thinks that underground addon releasing is the way to go.

Forum members, including moderators, have the right to express their personal views and frankly the only flames were spewed by Rock's overdefensive fans who apparently hate BIS for making an easily moddable game.

While indeed everyone is entiteled to an opinion, à Moderator has at least to appear impartial. Otherwise he is just a user with more priviliges and power.

NOW PLEASE! stop pooping in my thread!

/me pulls up his pants.

Sonofa! Can't I guy get a few minutes to himself around here?

Great texture. It has a lot of subtle character.

Very nice texture soul assasain.....

Do you have a certain set of brushes that make the rub or scratch lines on the texture?

yeah good question, cause i'v been wondering that too! plus it would be helpful for me in the future to make my USAF projects beable to sit along side your beautiful textures without feeling ashamed lol! btw glad to see more USAF planes in the game!

no sorry guys. I dont use any brushes. IMHO the only truly good way to get a real effect is by using photo manipulation and blending.