Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

EOD bot. If you can get it to come up from their side of the tunnel they might think it's friendly.

Supposedly they're being nerf'd in the upcoming patch, but it is certainly annoying.

I haven't read much about the patch, except that they will be trying to nerf mortars, but this does sound promising. I really should read up on this patch.

I was on the receiving end of a rather nasty death streak courtesy of someone with 65+ service stars on his M249. There are other guns people... :j:

Not if you want to lie around for hours shooting at white silhouettes and racking up easy kills. ;)

I must admit, sometimes these people are so annoying that I ignore the objectives completely and go out of my way to hunt them down, even if it takes the entire round. There's something really gratifying about slowly crawling around behind them for that moment of glory when you get their tags. :D

Too bad it's only possible on some maps.

EOD bot. If you can get it to come up from their side of the tunnel they might think it's friendly.

Being a big EOD bot fan I've tried this, but with little success. Especially in Métro, navigating a bot through the tunnel is a royal pain in the ass, and the paths you can take are usually all covered.

Thats a pretty damned horrible forum, i'd be willing to bet even CM's users are more mature...

So how do you counter IR sights?

Oh, yes, the other thing: One of the unlockable camo patterns, "spec ops" I think it is, is somewhat thermally neutral (as far as the "thermal" optics in BF simulate anything like that)

The pouches and stuff are still "hot" but the bulk of your body is harder to spot...

I must admit, sometimes these people are so annoying that I ignore the objectives completely and go out of my way to hunt them down, even if it takes the entire round. There's something really gratifying about slowly crawling around behind them for that moment of glory when you get their tags.

Amen to that...

they could at least have the EOD bot be able to go up stairs...

It can go up some, but it's very inconsistent. Some stairs look impossible to climb, but somehow it works just fine... then you try and cross an inch high bump in the road and it stops the bot in its tracks. :rolleyes:

Some stairs apparently have their collision geometry modelled as a slope, as they do in many games, so these are climbable for the bot.

Mmmhhh.... don't play rush on Metro? :)

Or even better, don't play on Metro at all. :p

Absolutely terrible map...

I must admit, sometimes these people are so annoying that I ignore the objectives completely and go out of my way to hunt them down, even if it takes the entire round. There's something really gratifying about slowly crawling around behind them for that moment of glory when you get their tags. :D

This is my mission in life.

I would like to Snipe, but that would be like, cheating :p.

Needs a dedicated "Go get em Squad":cool:

Try using the boost button when on stairs, or at least use it to take a run up, then it works! Its pretty funny sneaking up on someone with it who hasnt seen you, then welding them to death :p its not realistic by any means but its a fun game to play!

I can't believe they nerfed the G3. Seriously...

And didn't nerf the IRNV, Tac-lights or Mortars.

It's gotten to the point now where every single time I get killed it's either by someone with an IR scope (~75% of the time), a mortar or the occasional sniper. The game started out fun, got a little tedious after a while and now it's simply frustrating. I give it another week, tops.

I can't even get the damn update to work. Getting error message everytime I reach 100%.

I've tried exclusion rules, turn off the firewall/anti-virus, restarting download and redownloading the game, but nothing seems to function.

Either way, aside from all the things MadDogX mentioned, has the invincibility of the AAVP-7A1 ever been up for debate? It's really one of the things I hope they'll fix. It's more powerful then a MBT, if you ask me.

For me personally, the update actually did more harm than good. I never had the "you've been disconnected from EA" problem before - now I get it roughly every third time I try to join a server. I also had my first CTD yesterday, fortunately while joining a server, not during the game. Great job fixing it, EA!

Anyway, I'm not going to spend too much time whining about it. Best to just wait for the next patch and hope that the issues are sorted out.

Same old story - devs don't have faith in their own decisions and listen to the crowds of whiners on the forums.

x is too powerful waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

x is too weak waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

x is too fast waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Out comes the nerf bat at the behest of a bunch of spoiled kids.

Whambulance.jpg

Edited by BangTail

In the past we have "real is brown" BS, now through we have "real is gray blue"

worst of them yet, Arma 2/OA seems to fall to that as well.

FPDR

In the past we have "real is brown" BS, now through we have "real is gray blue"

worst of them yet, Arma 2/OA seems to fall to that as well.

FPDR

At least BIS makes "shitty contemporary colour scheme" an optional module. :p

BF3 - disappointment (Call of Battlefield is a good name for this). Average graphics, great lighting, great physics, highly addictive, but totally illogical, unrealistic and most of all - frustrating after an hour or so. Not saying it's a bad game, for its genre I think it's one of the best out there.

If you look for logical, natural gameplay, dont try this one!

Edited by Smookie

Funny:

4sYfXorGbnI

Imagine something like this + WarFX....

I usually had the most eye-straining of the PP effects turned off anyway, it saves GPU power as well as my eyes.

I've had a rather different problem. On some maps like Caspian Border (I played the beta but don't have the game yet) I felt like I was suffering from "sensory overload" at times, in areas such as this: http://i.imgur.com/UnRGl.jpg

My eyes had a hard time focusing on stuff due to the large variety of bright colors.

It's gotten to the point now where every single time I get killed it's either by someone with an IR scope (~75% of the time), a mortar or the occasional sniper. The game started out fun, got a little tedious after a while and now it's simply frustrating. I give it another week, tops.

yep. me too. Til i killed 100 people. now i have an irnv. and people are dying as a result. hope they get rid of the damn thing, but until they do i will be using mine against the noobs using theirs.

:butbut:

BF3 - disappointment (Call of Battlefield is a good name for this). Average graphics, great lighting, great physics, highly addictive, but totally illogical, unrealistic and most of all - frustrating after an hour or so. Not saying it's a bad game, for its genre I think it's one of the best out there.

If you look for logical, natural gameplay, dont try this one!

but for a infantry movement system that just gets it right - well bf3 leads the way.

and i really REALLY hope bis come up with something close. it's very fluid, intuitive most of the time, a bit too sped up maybe, easy to clear obstacles without feeling over or under done. not perfect as imo sometimes trees fuck it up and one gets caught behind them. but otherwise it sets the standard for making moving feel almost natural. BIS please learn from this as so much criticism was directed at arma being unintuitive and stiff feeling in its controls of infantry. as an aside, funnily enough reloading m249 in bf3 seems to take longer than in arma2.

Edited by twisted