What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Oo

how disrespectful is that? I'm not a whore!

Keep your money then, if you only pay thatswhy. I have a whole team of players who love to test for me, just by asking them, no one have to pay here to play with that. They never would come up with something like that...

Just keep waiting or do something else, but no one is allowed to touch this mod earlier. The donation is for helping and supporting a mod maker (I had a broken system and people where so kind to donate money to get me back on feet again! Not because I would gave them my beta or whatever), so you would have to wait till its done :)

Only some very special people are allowed to get theire hands on this mod by now. And they never asked me for that, I just came up and gave it to them, because they where loyal.

Just be patient.

Jarhead

can i offert my body to test the beta ? ahah ! i realy like your video i hope you release your perfect sound mod soon ;)

Only some very special people are allowed to get theire hands on this mod by now. And they never asked me for that, I just came up and gave it to them, because they where loyal.

Ah, so THATS why you PM'd a URL to a confiker virus and then I sent you a infected mod fix that wiped your hard drive ....... *oops, did I type that out loud*

:)

I think beta testing is great and nice to know yo have that better in place for errors and RPT's, personally I like to be starved of new sounds and then get a fresh batch when its all complete and then unleash it onto a Flashpoint dynamic mission and sit with headphones loud and a cup of tea :)

When release?

1# On December, the 24th 2026!

2# When you stop asking

3# When ever I want to

4# When its done

5# Never, I don't give a shit on other peoples fun!

Choose a answer mate :D

Hahaha, no probaly in some weeks maybe. Not much more. Still some work to do with the bullethits and so on.

Ah, so THATS why you PM'd a URL to a confiker virus and then I sent you a infected mod fix that wiped your hard drive ....... *oops, did I type that out loud*

I think beta testing is great and nice to know yo have that better in place for errors and RPT's, personally I like to be starved of new sounds and then get a fresh batch when its all complete and then unleash it onto a Flashpoint dynamic mission and sit with headphones loud and a cup of tea :)

Ah.... you were that? Damn you :D

Yah well, I have a whole clan testing for me already several weeks. They test it with other addons, in MP and so on. There where no problems so far, just a clean MP run. Some missin Wss and out of date sounds, thats it.

A tea drinker, heh? Well.... I should send you the 1.4, you seem to be a sophisticated person :p

@75th Ranger:

I saw that video and heard your wav file. Its not matching for external use ingame and I just cant make it sound like this. Would be strange if you hear an internal firingsound from several hundret meters away or not?

But I have an idea and there this file would be great for... let me do some testings and I see if I can work with that! Anyways, thanks alot for your support mate ;)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Yeah jarhead had the same problem no worries looking forward to the felease of 1.4 keep up the good work. :)

Ach schön das du mich ziterst... kommt von ZI-TAT. :D

Jarhead

We test by playing the hell out of it :cool:

all I can say is that LJ has done a fantastic Job with this Mod. A few things are still missing but its totally stable and bug free.

We test by playing the hell out of it :cool:

all I can say is that LJ has done a fantastic Job with this Mod. A few things are still missing but its totally stable and bug free.

Listen to this people :D

LordJarhead your joke about release On December, the 24th 2026! is very very funny.

release date thats is done!

J.S.R.S. 1.33 playble

I don´t know if I really understood this.... :confused:

I almost forget to mention this:

W0lle recently asked me for permission to use the JSRS sounds for the famous CWR ² project. Once we have agreed on a compromise, he have full access to the needed sounds.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2041163&postcount=861

Thus, all JSRS users have nothing to fear and can play with the familiar sound in CWR ².

Jarhead

You might be interested in this video LJ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNAa_PpnHo&feature=feedu

I'm not sure that sounds captured by video camera's narrow frequency range microphone could faithfully represent how they are actually sound.

Having said that, I prefer that sounds will be cool and exiting, more than realistic :)

I'm not sure that sounds captured by video camera's narrow frequency range microphone could faithfully represent how they are actually sound.

Having said that, I prefer that sounds will be cool and exiting, more than realistic :)

In my point of view just "cool and exciting" sounds ruins the ARMA potential.

If you have *pop-pop* like sounds (just as Vanilla ARMA series) the player has NOTHING to fear.

So..no tactical decision as: Artillery,Suppressive fire etc will be really effective to human player-because 'his' ARMA experience will have same "fear" sentiment..as playing Pac-man.

Until this very day..i never understood why BIS doesn't promote the 'simulation' aspect of this software.

If i want a mainstream game i won't buy ARMA-and if 'THEY' want to "Sell more" they are free to produce an entirely other title FPS...

..but THIS title must have what really deserves-RESPECT

I m sure by my sayings i represent a very large portion of players/community members..and i say:

" L.JARHEAD MAKE MY EARS BLEED!.."

Edited by GiorgyGR

Until this very day..i never understood why BIS doesn't promote the 'simulation' aspect of this software.

If i want a mainstream game i won't buy ARMA-and if 'THEY' want to "Sell more" they are free to produce an entirely other title FPS.

Arma 3 thread :)
I m sure by my sayings i represent a very large portion of players/community members..and i say:

Not really, becuase asking that same question might get you hollywood sounds so in effect I ask, Jarhead .. carry on as you are and perfect ... *post list and points*. Some of the earbleed sounds I notice 1.4 has tamed to make it a bit more realistic to be honest.
The actual bulk of the incoming round is much like other videos, so its actual sound to reality percentage is very high. Also the frequency can be boosted with EQ and compression and the noise of camera can be removed with tools. Plus the fact that not all sounds need to be right next to your ear, there's a balance of distant frequency which doesn't need to be perfect. I know for a fact that incoming round and other parts could be well used, whether or not Jarhead chooses to use it. Edited by mrcash2009

I appreciate how difficult it can be to get a decent sound of something. When I do it, I always listen to a crap ton of videos of the subject to get a feel for how it should sound, and if I find any of them particularly clear, I short-list them. Once that's done I pick one off the short-list and begin mixing it with some of the other sounds I short-listed along with a few spatial effects or what have you as required.

I think the most important thing is not getting the sound 100% accurate, but getting the right feel for the weapon and its sound.

I think the most important thing is not getting the sound 100% accurate, but getting the right feel for the weapon and its sound.

Yah, thats one big point we can talk about. If I play a game, which has handheld weapons like Arma or even Counter Strike, I cant play the game while not really "feeling" the weapon. Sounds totally stupid and crazy, but if you have a game like Fallout3, with some... futuristic custom stuff weapons, I'm not getting the feeling of using a weapons, even if the enemy cries out loud, even if I can splatter them... I always feel like, yes, playing PacMan games.

So one big deal is to make the weapon sounds to let you feel the danger of such a weapon. But, as we now already, the Arma Engine is not the greatist and wont let me handle some really importand things:

First: If I want to make the gun totally awesome sounding, like a real powerfull weapon, shooting right in front of my face, whats about the guys right next to me? His weapon would sound the same way... but HE is shooting HIS gun SERVERAL meters away.

Second: Dinner is getting cold...

Third: I have to find a good way, a compromise between this powerfull sound and the right dosage of a thirdperson sound for the guy right next to me. So as always and in MOST or even ALL soundmods, the weapons sounds like thirdperson shooting. Now, with the distancescript, I might be able to get around that big problem.

Fourthly: We were talking about that video right? Oh... sry! I'm not able to get ArtyFly's or any sounds of this sort into the game. I tried with so many entries. BulletFly, SoundFly, SoundEngine and so on... maybe I found a way some time ago, with brought me working BulletBys, like Soniccracks, but now unlimited entries. But I would have to take a good look on this again, how I managed this.

Fifth: Argh great, my dinner is cold now... :o

Jarhead

Oh mate, hope you will not regret this one day :D