Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 75445

Patched our ACE2 server with 75445 and after loading mission the server kicks the client back to server list, client also using 75445.

Reinstalled 74858 for the dedicated and clients and it's back to normal..

Had no problems joining (as first as admin), both server and client running latest. Currently just letting it play out in the background.

I'm wondering if we will get MAAWS rocket models and workable UH-1H gunner views this time. MAAWS rockets disappear when put on ground (often impossible to find, depending on the surface I guess), and combined with backpack contents not being synchronized (AT Gunner sees Javelin, AT Asst sees MAAWS ammo), it makes the whole idea of a buddy AT Team unplayable.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Did i understand it right that this should be the last beta for the next patch?

hope not:eek:?

Did i understand it right that this should be the last beta for the next patch?

hope not:eek:?

Yeah, wouldn't be so good. At least the choppers should be fixed for the final patch.

well wouldnt be so good is said very nice in that case...this fix must be included.choppers are crashing non stop.

we considering it release candidate for 1.55
We have had an interview with the candidate and we regret to inform him that at this time he was not suitable for this position. :p

BTW .. ref my tree flicker LOD, I need to test but I have vsync switched on then turned it off, just in case that has some kind of pattern (maybe or maybe not), I agree, choppers are a bit mental right now.

vsync should have no relation to flicker considering vsync off is new feature ...

default and intended is vsync on ...

@Dwarden can you confirm that the chopper bug will be fixed in the final version?

LOD - is there a way to influence the amount of dynamic switching? I have sufficient FPS (~50-60) to spare to allow higher quality if only that constant flickering and object transformation would stop.

"Good" to see that I am not the only one being kicked from our server all the time as I can read in post #23.

VictorFarbau

PS: and to contribute to the P1 question for BIS: haven't observed CTD since a long time now, neither server nor client side. And it is safe to say that my usual MP mission stresses the server considerably with many objects and scripts.

if only that constant flickering and object transformation would stop.

Victor .. check my video a few pages back ref flicker is what I got what you refer too? I see it real obvious on chernarus via this patch.

@Dwarden .. I kind of agree it was unrelated but thought id add everything i had done before testing anyway.

thanks for the feeedback everyone, keep it coming ...

we considering it release candidate for 1.55

and thus it would be welcome if someone report any crashes etc., in case you get crashes ...

to my email which is myforumnickname at bistudio.com ,

i would need the arma2oa.bidmp arma2oa.mdmp arma2oa.rpt, thanks in advance

Are there any further game balance and minor fixes to be expected in the final 1.55 patch, which have not yet been seen in the beta files?

Version is stable performance is good again.

I noticed that most cars don't have destructable glass anymore.

It is impossible to shoot out a window on most cars with small arms or even MGs, especially unarmored HMMWV.

The windows also dont show any damage textures until shot with HE rounds.

Checked with last 1.54 patch and it's the same there.

Checked back with ArmA II 1.07 and all vehicles have Windows destructible by small arms, takes a mag of 5.56 there.

This is a step back like with the since OA missing blast effect on tanks.

I remeber that before 1.54 patch vehicle windows could be destroyed before the car began to burn in OA.

ya,and the M2 could change mags automatically with this beta.But the Hwmmv seems too weak,one encounters a collision with low rock,the two front tyres are destroyed fully.

I also wish the current chopper AI isnt in final 1.55. Many missions could be broken with that. All AI choppers spawned about over 70m with waypoint, crash to ground. AI chopper dogfights easily end that way too and there is that weird oscilating. The old AI for choppers in 1.54 is much more better, I have to say. Otherwise the beta patches have been really great.

@mrcash2009 - I did and still see this tree behaviour since some recent patches already. It seems that with each patch the LOD switching gets more intense. And I am wondering why I would need that while my config can easily handle high details in FullHD. Would be nice to have a switch or slider to allow/deny dynamic LOD switching in a given vicinity from the player. A 360 degree spin accounts for a near-LSD experience at present.

VictorFarbau

1. Can not run the "Benchmark 1" mission with current beta. It's starting to load and hangs when loading progress bar reaches ~50%. Game is not responding and can be closed only through task manager.

Each time I run a mission now server and client load fine until the mission is about to begin (map mode). As soon as I click "Continue" I am being kicked from the server.

We had exactly the same issue on our server. As I understand it is somehow related to BattlEye. Because when clients connects to the server they get a "BattlEye Initialization Failed" message. And after disabling BE the problem is gone.

P.S. Tested with no mods. BE server and clients is up to date.

Edited by =SilveR=

My old savegames dont work with this patch!Is there a way to fix that?

Most likely due to new version (1.55). Use an older beta (74630 or older).

@=SilveR=, indeed it was BattlEye causing the kick. Disabling it in the server config file resolved this. Thanks.

VictorFarbau

i also notice a new option in menu - HDR quality, or that's not a new feature?:butbut:

1. Can not run the "Benchmark 1" mission with current beta. It's starting to load and hangs when loading progress bar reaches ~50%. Game is not responding and can be closed only through task manager.

Strange, i had the same problem with beta 74858 (i didn't reported this, because i found it just now when i wanted to do benchmark -before i install 75445- for later comparison), but then i installed 75445 and there it works.

Edited by 5133p39

Are there any further game balance and minor fixes to be expected in the final 1.55 patch, which have not yet been seen in the beta files?

The beta patches are always limited to smaller engine fixes to keep file size low. AFAIK the content fixes are reserved for the final patches, as they tend to be relatively big downloads. So there is almost certainly stuff coming that we haven't seen yet.

I've just a question (dunno if this is the right thread but never minds, I hope I'll get the answer anyway :p): is BIS making a new patch for ArmA 2 'vanilla' ? (something like "1.08" patch?)

Thank you ;)

A little cool thing would be also if we see the Chernarus loading sceen on Chernarus, Utes on Utes, etc...I dont think its that hard to make:)