Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Free DLC: Lingor Units for Arma 2/OA

Thanks guys.

New units added to 1.337WIP yesterday:

- ZSU-57-2 Sparka SPAAG

- M7 Maule w/ working wreck (Druglords & Civ version)

- GAL & ARL patrol boats

- Super Tucano CAS aircraft for Druglord's Army

- cocaine package (item)

Edited by IceBreakr

- ZSU-57-2 Sparka SPAAG

Will some plain green version be made?

Thanks guys.

- ZSU-57-2 Sparka SPAAG

- GAL & ARL patrol boats

- cocaine package (item)

Sounds great - will the cocaine package be able to parachuted?

Sounds great - will the cocaine package be able to parachuted?

That'd be great but in any case players can "use" the cocaine package, it unlocks x4 time acceleration and/or HDR :rolleyes:

Its actually a small package for mission objectives or something to turn coop into deathmatch lol ;)

Very cool work IceBreakr. Been looking forward to this!

Do you plan to add faction flag markers for the editor? That would be very useful indeed.

Edited by Tavish
Added a question for the main man

GossamerSolid: three different author permissions :)

Tavish: sure, any tips how to do that? At least which BIS file has default flags?

Tavish: sure, any tips how to do that? At least which BIS file has default flags?

Nice one, although I'll be honest and say I have no idea where the default flags are so I'll have to do some digging.

I noticed the JSDF mod has their own editor flag markers, so I'll see if I can get in touch with the JSDF team to see how they did it.

I'll get back to you asap.

Edited by Tavish
typo

class CfgMarkers {
class Empty {
	color[] = {0.2,0.1,0.4,1};
	name = "Empty";
	icon = "\ca\ui\data\marker_empty_ca.paa";
	size = 0;
	scope = 1;
	shadow = 1;
};
class Faction_US 	{
	name = "Flag (USA)";
	icon = "\ca\data\flag_usa_co.paa";
	color[] = {1,1,1,1};
	size = 32;
	scope = 1;
	shadow = 1;
};
class Faction_USMC: Faction_US {
	name = "USMC";
	icon = "\ca\data\flag_usmc_co.paa";
	scope = 0;
};
};

That´s it.

Open editor, place desired object, save mission, look up objects classname, search AllInOne.cpp

Mind it´s only the flag marker, not the FlagCarrier (i.e. flag pole) :D

Nice one Mr Burns,

Gachopin showed me the faction flags config for JSDF.

It's composed something like this:

class CfgPatches{
class JSDF_Marker{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.1;
requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};
class CfgMarkers{
class Faction_JPN{
name="Flag (Japan)";
icon = "jsdf_marker\data\japan.paa";
color[] = {1,1,1,1};
size = 32;
scope = 1;
expansion = 1;
shadow = 1;
};
class Faction_JSDF : Faction_JPN{
name="Flag (JSDF)";
icon = "jsdf_marker\data\jsdf.paa";
};
class Faction_JASDF : Faction_JPN{
name="Flag (JASDF)";
icon = "jsdf_marker\data\jasdf.paa";
};
class Faction_JMSDF : Faction_JPN{
name="Flag (JMSDF)";
icon = "jsdf_marker\data\jmsdf.paa";
};
};

BIS also defines flags at addons\ui.pbo.

Edited by Tavish

Thanks guys.

- ZSU-57-2 Sparka SPAAG

- GAL & ARL patrol boats

- cocaine package (item)

Some food for thought... The Colombians (and maybe even the US if you dig for info) use the Super T. Any chance you can make it available to both the "Druglords" and the "Blufor?"

Quick (and probably stupid) question:

I downloaded both the Lingor Island add-on and this Lingor Units add-on from the Six Updater. In the readme of this Lingor Units you say to put all of the @LingorUnits .pbos in the @Lingor folder. However, doing this would mess up the Six Updater organization. My question is, can I keep them in two separate folders, and if so, which one do I run first in the "mod-" line?

Thanks in advance.

Quick (and probably stupid) question:

I downloaded both the Lingor Island add-on and this Lingor Units add-on from the Six Updater. In the readme of this Lingor Units you say to put all of the @LingorUnits .pbos in the @Lingor folder. However, doing this would mess up the Six Updater organization. My question is, can I keep them in two separate folders, and if so, which one do I run first in the "mod-" line?

Thanks in advance.

They'll run fine separate like Six Updater has them. If you use it to launch as well, you don't have to worry about launching with addons in the proper order.

Thank you for the answer. I usually have some form of administrator permissions problem when I try to launch with Six Updater (UAC...), so I just keep a few shortcuts around and add things as I go. I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which one to run first, and generally, how should dependencies be handled in a "mod-" line? For example, Panthera requires @MBG_Buildings2 to run, do I put the @MBGBuildings2 before or after the @Panthera add-on?

Besides my stupid questions, I took some more looks at Icebreakrs website, and I can't wait for the new update to the island, and as always great work.

Thank you for the answer. I usually have some form of administrator permissions problem when I try to launch with Six Updater (UAC...), so I just keep a few shortcuts around and add things as I go. I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which one to run first, and generally, how should dependencies be handled in a "mod-" line? For example, Panthera requires @MBG_Buildings2 to run, do I put the @MBGBuildings2 before or after the @Panthera add-on?

Besides my stupid questions, I took some more looks at Icebreakrs website, and I can't wait for the new update to the island, and as always great work.

1. It doesn't matter which one you put first as one is island and other are units and don't mix any values.

2. Panthera does NOT require MBG_Buildings2, you probably mistaken it for Lingor?

I'm thinking of putting units into @LingorExtra and island to @Lingor. Would that be cool?

Shure Ice, do it! some likes @Lingor (with all requred objects + Lingor units) and @LingorLite(Island with objects)

You know the sense! ;)

I'm thinking of putting units into @LingorExtra and island to @Lingor. Would that be cool?

Yes please IceB! Good idea.

@Lingor must have ALL objects AND Units, @LingorLite - all objects but without units

Makes more sense to have it as IceBreakr suggested. Lingor is the island, extras the units. Just as any other island.

It will also be easier to join servers that check modfolders as the @LingorExtra can be enabled/disabled depending on server.

A small issue

I have downloaded "@LingorUnits" along with the main "@Lingor" file and it's dependencies from SixUpdater, and began to work on a mission using them. However, when clicking on OPFOR, I get a message that says that I am missing the "Bin" files for the OPFOR Lingor units. Help?

How have you downloaded the lingor units. They haven't been released yet, or have they?