Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5 (WIP)

Hey guys, time to brush the dust off this thread.

The basic wreck model is now done, all LODs for both models are done, geometry, fire geometry, land contact.... done. As you can see, we've been pretty busy. Our 'to do' list is getting shorter but we're still some time away from releasing it.

RG_wip_apr12_01.jpg

RG_wip_apr12_02.jpg

RG_wip_apr12_03.jpg

RG_wip_apr12_04.jpg

RG_wip_apr12_05.jpg

- Some of the textures have been overhauled since the last update. The tyres were remade and a lot of dirt was added between the treads, as well as on the sides.

- We tried adding ambient shadow maps to the RG but couldn't get ArmA1 to recognise them, sadly (they will be in the ArmA2 version though).

- The RG now has two levels of broken/damaged glass. I found a bunch of photos of bullet tests on toughened glass and made some nice, accurate textures with them.

- There are more changes we've made I can't remember them all.

I do have one more little treat for you guys.......

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Here's the first look at the RG31 in olive drab.

RG_wip_apr12_06.jpg

RG_wip_apr12_07.jpg

It's not quite finished yet, I still have to tidy up a few loose ends with the textures, but it's very nearly finished. For those of you with ArmA2, keep an eye on our other thread. Stiltman will be uploading a new test video soon, so you can see the wreck model in action. Not today, not tomorrow... soon :)

Thanks for the continued support.

what about this stuff for A2 Oo?! :)

Everything you see here will also be in ArmA2, plus a few extra treats we haven't mentioned yet :)

sorry, I miss a realise for A2 or where it :)?!

Wow. Wow. Wow!

Lost for words!:yay: Incredible!

Can not wait for these bad boys :D. I am def going to download and put this in Evolution when they are done. If you need help testing just PM here.

HAZ

Wow, looks really Hot :D

Looking forward to the release. =)

Little Question:

Will soilders in the MRAP survive an IED attack?

this posible to set armor amount for selection ;)

or attach flat object with high armor :D

Wow, looks really Hot :D

Looking forward to the release. =)

Little Question:

Will soilders in the MRAP survive an IED attack?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes we'll try and make an IED strike as survivable as possible. Once the RG is ready to beta test, we'll throw everything at it and see what happens lol. We're also gonna have DetCord helping us by testing his (ArmA2) Asymmetric Warfare Components on the RG, which will be very useful.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

this posible to set armor amount for selection ;)

or attach flat object with high armor :D

No, that's not something we have planned. It might be considered sometime down the line, but for now we'll concentrate on making the basic truck, a ton of weapons and some extra features.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

And just to keep you guys updated, here are some pics of the Mk19 variant that we've just finished:

RG31_wip_mk19_01.jpg

RG31_wip_mk19_02.jpg

We'll be gearing up for the beta testing pretty soon; no fixed date yet. Once that happens there will be a lot more updates, pics and videos.

Wow ExA - can these trucks look any tougher! WOW! WOW! WoW!:cool:

Do they have ambient shadow maps incorporated in those screens? At the moment, some of the details (for example, wheel nuts) seems very undefined.

Do they have ambient shadow maps incorporated in those screens? At the moment, some of the details (for example, wheel nuts) seems very undefined.

I'm afraid not. We tried but we couldn't get the _as maps to work in ArmA1. If you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them. The _as maps will be in the ArmA2 version though.

I updated the ArmA2 thread earlier, so now it's ArmA1's turn.

We're happy to announce that the beta tests for the RG have begun.

Expect more pics and videos on both threads while we tidy everything up.

Thanks again for being so patient with us!

rg3118.jpg

rg3119.jpg

rg3120.jpg

rg3121.jpg

Edited by Stewy