Sign in to follow this  
tay-uk

Unofficial Ironfront Fan Forum

I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.

Iron Front: Red River?

The Dev. and publisher just ran away in shamful like cowards. No any explaining or excuses to their customers what happened or why they did in such a way.

The problems of failure of this game are from the both of AWAR & the game developer. AWAR has no sense of publishing and managing this game well. The developer has too much sense of grabing money for their every work. They don't want to do any more work which is not in the orginal plan of AWAR to pay. For instance, Panfraust was in the semi-completed condition for a very long time. But nobody in the team of delveloper was willing to finish it for free. And just leaving it in such status till the end of the game! They don't know such additional work wouldn't be actually meritless even if they won't get paid by AWAR. One of the major reasons for the failure of this game is to have so few stuff of weapon, vehicles and etc. to choose in such a large scenario of WW2 game. So lots of players become losing interests after some time and also no more new gamers were interested in joining for it. Any free work of the Developer to do for the game would really bring the new blood to the game itself and help to attact more players. Then they could do more when more players and customers came in. But they only were so much greedy for money, money for any their work and reluctant to do anything without being paid.

And in the long run, a DLC with only several vehicles and troops didn't get a success. It's not strange at all. If ARMA2 published in such way, it also wouldn't be in successful.

But nobody in the team of delveloper was willing to finish it for free. ... But they only were so much greedy for money, money for any their work and reluctant to do anything without being paid.

Unfortunately, I also found this to be true during my dealings with the devs. Although I documented some bugs quite carefully, a certain dev refused to fix them, giving the excuse that "he wasn't being paid to fix bugs, I'm working on the DLC." Sad but true.

Edited by OMAC

On top of that they don't allow modding to make sure they can sell more DLCs.

They? You know that the engine owners allow or disallow modding? You know, those who don't abandon thier fans in style like others do.

Edited by Li0n

They? You know that the engine owners allow or disallow modding?

Interesting point but i think "they" he was referring to is Awar, not BIS. Thing that i understood is that Awar was only allowing mods to be released through them.

iron front is locked you cannot add mods to the game few of us have tried already and we get a signature errors stating wrong version and some other erro I forget.

IF doesn't use the same engine version as Arma2CO, and I dont think BIS could allow modding on IF's version because it was licensed to Awar and DS so from what

I understand there is an agreement there related to the game where Awar and DS can do what they want, and that bIS cannot interfere as its not their game.

Time to grab your backup/copy / make a mirror ASAP I'd say

http://wiki.iron-front.com

http://forum.iron-front.com

WTF?! so now their back? or did DS put them back up, I dont see any posts about why it was down or why their back up, or any posts for that matter.

All the dates are from February 2013 for the posts.

Kju what gave you the idea to check, or how did you know they were up?