Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha Thread - the only one!

Lately a lot of these errors where reported and everyone started a new thread for it. So now here's a sticky for these two errors:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Any other thread that gets created about these two errors are going to be closed without further notice.

Run Steam and ArmA 2 as Admin.

You may have to close down Steam first, then make sure you're running it as Administrator. This should in most cases solve both problems.

Update GPU drivers

Some have reported that the second error (the pixel shader) can be solved by updating the graphic drivers.

nVidia driver download page

ATI/AMD driver download page

Some other threads about the same errors, maybe containing more info and possible solutions if the above didn't helped:

bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow Problem Please Help Me Out

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133052-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-Problem-Please-Help-Me-Out&highlight=MPTable.shadow

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' and Error compiling pixel shader

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136504-No-entry-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-and-Error-compiling-pixel-shader&highlight=MPTable.shadow

Having problem installing Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Two errors.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136468-Having-problem-installing-Arma-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Two-errors&highlight=MPTable.shadow

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead No entry 'bin\config.bin........

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129275-Arma-2-Operation-Arrowhead-No-entry-bin-config-bin&highlight=MPTable.shadow

bin config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow and Pixel shader error

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135923-bin-config-bin-cfgingameui-mptable-shadow-and-Pixel-shader-error&highlight=MPTable.shadow

[sOLVED] PLEASE HELP! This game will not load; i am getting two ERRORS

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134828-PLEASE-HELP!-This-game-will-not-load-i-am-getting-two-ERRORS&highlight=MPTable.shadow

Before posting here, make sure you tried the above and you checked the linked threads aswell.

:EDITH:

CIT tickets, please vote:

Thanks to PvPscene for creating these tickets.

:EDITH:

SKURTUS has posted a "how-to" about his solution which worked for him. Thanks for posting it.

Dear Friends,

After I contacted to customer support in BI Studio, Mr Jan Libich offered the folloing solution that worked in my case:

1. Uninstall everything

2. Reboot

3. Install ARMA2

4. Patch ARMA2 to 1.11 version (Two steps: a. patch 1.05, b. patch 1.11)

5. Run ARMA2 Once

6. Install ARMA2 OA

7. Patch ARMA2 OA to 1.60 ver

8. Run ARMA2 OA Once

9. Patch ARMA2 to 1.62 ver

10. Run ARMA2 OA

Now ACR DLC may be added. In my case, I had already BAF and PMC DLCs. I reinstalled them and then I applied again patch 1.60, to pach them to versions

1.03 and 1.02 respectively, and to add the missions of PMC.

Everything worked properly, and I'm now enjoing the new DLC, ACR!

Thumbs up for BI Studio!

Edited by [FRL]Myke

We get at least 10-20 support tickets every single day about these two errors, why people don't use a google search and find the answer in 3 seconds is beyond me!

It's always due to not running steam as admin, sometimes it requires a complete fresh install of the games once Steam has been set to run as admin:

steamadmin2.jpg

(obviously disabling AV when install also helps).

Edited by Placebo

Is there no way to have the game detect if it has been launched with admin permission and notify the user if not to do so?

Is there no way to have the game detect if it has been launched with admin permission and notify the user if not to do so?

That would be a excellent idea. Can you please make a ticket in CIT, if you would be so kind?

But for Steam users it would probably only one half of the solution as Steam also needs to be run as admin, i'm affraid.

Stop using beta patches and/or DayZ to see if that helps?

If not, remove all Arma games, reboot, disable antivirus, start steam as admin, install Arma2, auto update, reboot, try it, if it works install OA, auto update, reboot, try it, now does it work?

I spent hours and hours trying to fix my Arma II install (to play DayZ). Arma II would run fine, but Operation Arrowhead would throw all sorts of bizarre and seemingly random errors. Unfortunately, I needed to play OA to have Steam set the CD key in the registry, but without OA working I could not play. I've finally come across a (rather obvious) fix that worked for me:

Just run steam as admin!

Haha, I bet that scared you for a moment! No, my solution goes further than this.

Assuming your Arma II install works but your OA doesn't launch (like my problem):

1. Uninstall Battleye from Arma II and Arma II:OA.

2. In your Arma II Operation Arrowhead folder, delete Arma2OA.exe.

3. Remove your @DayZ folder and anything else you may have added to your OA folder.

4. Remove any launch options from steam or shortcuts you use.

5. Make sure you have the correct *beta* version of Arma2OA.exe in your /expansion/beta/ folder. You may need to try reinstalling whatever version you are currently using and make sure that the date modified gets updated.

6. Now, if you are using Steam like me you need to do a verify game data on Arma II:OA. If your situation is like mine you should get 2 files, and you should see Arma2OA.exe appear back in your OA folder.

7. Restart steam in Admin mode and launch Arma II and it should prompt you to reinstall Battleye. Do so and pick something in the Armory to make sure it's working alright.

8. Still in Admin mode on steam, launch Arma II:OA and it should prompt you to install Battleye as well. Hopefully this will bring you the main screen with no issues. If you do have issues, either you missed a step or you have a corrupt install and may need to redownload (unless you already tried that, in which case: good luck with that).

9. If your Armory works then you can proceed with trying Combined Ops, if that works then you should be good to go and can put @DayZ back in and try running the beta again. I use the following wall of text as my launch target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

This was recommended in the DayZ wiki and it seems to work great for me now. If you don't like the weird menu background then remove the "-world=empty"

Edited by Jivix
corrections

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167[/ATTACH]

this is my motto poster of year ;)

We get at least 10-20 support tickets every single day about these two errors, why people don't use a google search and find the answer in 3 seconds is beyond me!

It's always due to not running steam as admin, sometimes it requires a complete fresh install of the games once Steam has been set to run as admin:

(obviously disabling AV when install also helps).

I can appreciate most of the posts in this thread, but no other games requires this that I have run into. Just wondering why the REAL problem can't be fixed instead of putting a BandAid on it, which is what running as Administrator is.

Just wondering why the REAL problem can't be fixed instead of putting a BandAid on it, which is what running as Administrator is.

So i guess you do know what the real problem is, or better said, why A2 needs admin rights, do you? No? So my first question would be "why does it need admin rights" and not moaning "why isn't it fixed". Chances are that it isn't fixable since it is not really a bug. And before you throw in something about "other games", first i would like to know what your game programming skills are that qualifies you to judge about it.

Since I've purchased both of "Arma 2" and "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead", I've managed to successfully install "Arma 2" and without a doubt, when I tried to install "Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead" two errors display "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'." and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

I've been searching everywhere for a solution for this, but none of them seem to work, and this video on the solution to fix the error seem to be my last resort "Arma 2 Combined Operations Steam WORKING FIX" on youtube.

But it didn't work. So would you be able to help me out here?

Here is a small list of my laptop specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

RAML: 8gb

System Type: 64 bit

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 6770M 1 gb

Very sorry about my post placement, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

Since I've purchased both of "Arma 2" and "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead", I've managed to successfully install "Arma 2" and without a doubt, when I tried to install "Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead" two errors display "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'." and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

I've been searching everywhere for a solution for this, but none of them seem to work, and this video on the solution to fix the error seem to be my last resort "Arma 2 Combined Operations Steam WORKING FIX" on youtube.

But it didn't work. So would you be able to help me out here?

Here is a small list of my laptop specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

RAML: 8gb

System Type: 64 bit

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 6770M 1 gb

Very sorry about my post placement, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

Could you elaborate on what you have done sofar ?

Could you elaborate on what you have done sofar ?

What I've done so far is, I've obviously purchased both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, and I have installed Arma 2 successfully but whenever I try to install Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead it displays these errors: nevermind.. Strangely, a message popped up saying Steam is running in Windows Compatibility mode and seems to run Operation Arrowhead now. Although I'll run through everything again just to make sure it's fixed, thanks for your help. I'll keep you updated when it's fully fixed.

You need to run Steam as administrator, have you tried that? You'll find that answer in lots of threads on here :)

You probably need a sticky with the title, "RUN STEAM AS ADMIN"

Ialso have this problem, however I do not have Steam. What I have done;

Reinstalled Arma II and Arma II RFT

Run as Admin (duh).

Ensured my AMD card drivers are up to date. I have a new AMD card so age is not an issue.

Run from directory, not shortcut

Deleted .cfg file

I have not installed any of the beta updates, and all of my troubleshooting has been done sans mods.

However I have done some testing and I can confirm, at least in my case, that it is *ONLY* the 1.62 update which is the problem. Version 1.60 works fine. The only workaround I have at the moment is to NOT install version 1.60. Hotfix anyone?

getting the same problem

my drivers are all up to date and steam is banned from my pc so that's not the issue

My Issue:

Arma2 CO + Reinforcements runs fine by itself but when I try using spirited machine mod launcher I get failed to initialize 3d engine or Error message: compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

everything worked fine before installing the new 162 patch

<edit> Found the issue it's not the launcher or the patch but the mod patch fix I was using

okt_noBlur_OA_retail_1.60 -disabled it & works fine

guess we will have to wait for a okt_noBlur_OA_retail_1.62 patch now </edit>

Edited by BlueWolf

1. wait for such appz update for 1.62.

2. temporally[to check/test] disable anything affecting. such as RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, PowerStrip.

3. get rid of other appz, that can use service-level services or kernel-level drivers[in shady mode].

4. Ensure you get updated DirectX and try re-update it again.

5. update you antivirus and run COMPLETE system scan. preferably in boot-time mode, if you AV support this[also turing on SMM/SMI feats in McAfee AV could help 2].

1. wait for such appz update for 1.62.

2. temporally[to check/test] disable anything affecting. such as RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, PowerStrip.

3. get rid of other appz, that can use service-level services or kernel-level drivers[in shady mode].

4. Ensure you get updated DirectX and try re-update it again.

5. update you antivirus and run COMPLETE system scan. preferably in boot-time mode, if you AV support this[also turing on SMM/SMI feats in McAfee AV could help 2].

Why? why do this for this simple issue?

Up to patch 1.59 I had no problem. I have ARMA2, ARMA2OA, BAF and PMC(No STEAM version). No mods or other addons. But when I updated to 1.60 patch the next Error message appeared: No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow"

The Game tried to start, but crashes with the next Error message: Error compiling pixelshader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

The same happend when I'm updated to 1.62 patch. My Video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with the latest Display Driver: 301.42 on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Home Premium 32 bit.

I tried to run the game as Administrtor with no results!

Can any one Helped me?

Dear Friends,

After I contacted to customer support in BI Studio, Mr Jan Libich offered the folloing solution that worked in my case:

1. Uninstall everything

2. Reboot

3. Install ARMA2

4. Patch ARMA2 to 1.11 version (Two steps: a. patch 1.05, b. patch 1.11)

5. Run ARMA2 Once

6. Install ARMA2 OA

7. Patch ARMA2 OA to 1.60 ver

8. Run ARMA2 OA Once

9. Patch ARMA2 to 1.62 ver

10. Run ARMA2 OA

Now ACR DLC may be added. In my case, I had already BAF and PMC DLCs. I reinstalled them and then I applied again patch 1.60, to pach them to versions

1.03 and 1.02 respectively, and to add the missions of PMC.

Everything worked properly, and I'm now enjoing the new DLC, ACR!

Thumbs up for BI Studio!