Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

[/color]

If I could find who ever it was made the Pinz for duala and pracs I would attempt to retexure it but iv ebeen sent round in circles with it.

well you never asked me...... so i could never give you the propper answer. Take it to PM i would be happy to put you in touch with the original maker.

Only jesting mate. I know its done when its done!

Good news on the remapping speeding things up. A Pinz to pull some light guns would be quick and easy to push out then? Haha

I know mate its Ok i didnt take offence.

Well I do have a Pinz but its the old 710 since i intended it for use in IAP. An upgrade might be in order. I was hoping for Jeff or Orson's UKF Pinz to appear. It was a lovely looking model.

Also, is that a Sea King I see in your sig?

Yes it is. But you're going to have to wait for IAP for it.

Well I do have a Pinz but its the old 710 since i intended it for use in IAP. An upgrade might be in order. I was hoping for Jeff or Orson's UKF Pinz to appear. It was a lovely looking model.

Yes the P:UKF WIP Pinz was great, like so many other models. Shame it never got finished. That along with a towing script to tow L118's would be fantastic.

@rhaggan. Be great if you could do!

AFAIK and chatting to WAFU's, the Sea King is getting replaced by the Merlin. Still be great to see it in A2 though of course.

Yes the P:UKF WIP Pinz was great, like so many other models. Shame it never got finished. That along with a towing script to tow L118's would be fantastic.

Well I have offered to finish some of them but it seems that PR have alot of the UKF stuff now.

AFAIK and chatting to WAFU's, the Sea King is getting replaced by the Merlin. Still be great to see it in A2 though of course.

Sadly so very true. It was the deal done in the SDSR to ensure the RAF got new Chinooks to replace the ones lost in Afghanistan and a few spares. Personally i think they got screwed. But it looks like its going to be (mostly) the RAF flying them for the Navy at this rate. Rumour has it the FAA is having a pilot retention problem according to my mate in the MoD.

The even sadder thing is that new Joint Service colour scheme... blurrrgh. Crappy 2 tone gray! Check out the new Wildcat pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/6943905603/in/photostream

i kinda like the two tone...but wouldn't suit army helos if thats what you mean by joint service

i kinda like the two tone...but wouldn't suit army helos if thats what you mean by joint service

I do indeed mean that. All the Greens have gone gray!

I do indeed mean that. All the Greens have gone gray!

saving on the cost of tins of green paint? :p

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120302/DEFREG01/303020001/Letter-Raises-Possibility-U-K-Could-Return-STOVL-F-35

Rock, maybe you will have to start working again on you F-35 B model.

Sorry mate!!! ;)

>Opposition defence minister writes letter to incumbent Defence Secretary asking if the UK might go back to F-35B

>UK might go back to F-35B

Sorry, but I don't see how a member of a political party that is not in power, asking the Defence Secretary a question, translates to any actual possibility for another switch. I could send a letter to Philip Hammond asking if we might choose to re-build the Fairey Swordfish instead of buying F-35C that would be equally significant to the UK's procurement process as a letter from Jim Murphy.

Also, the new tri-service helicopter paint scheme is gopping.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120302/DEFREG01/303020001/Letter-Raises-Possibility-U-K-Could-Return-STOVL-F-35

Rock, maybe you will have to start working again on you F-35 B model.

Sorry mate!!! ;)

Sekra already beat you to it mate.

I have it on good authority that the chances of the JCA contract reverting to the F-35B are about the same as me being crowned America's Next Top Model (PS I do have really good legs, very muscular). Its just the opposition stirring shit with the government. The current government has already committed an insane amount of money into redecking the CVFs to CATOBAR they wont want to back down and the Labour government doesnt have the time to wait until the get back in power. By the next election the deck will have already been made welded and painted.

I bet you your leopard print dress it wont happen. :butbut:

EDIT: Besides the F-35C is supposed to be ~10% cheaper than the B

Edited by RKSL-Rock
typos

Well I have offered to finish some of them but it seems that PR have alot of the UKF stuff now.

So i guess that means we wont see any of the UKF stuff in normal Arma2, shame.

By the time Orson contributed the Warrior to PR, there was nobody else left working at UKF to hand over any other projects. :D

Chris, Jeff, Messy, Ben and Swift were inactive for a good while before that - precisely why Orson looked elsewhere to get the WR finished... and whichever of his other models he might have wanted to see finished since (IIRC AS90, Pinzgauer and Viking were his other WIPs, but none were as developed as much as the WR).

If he'd carried on working on it with me, it still wouldn't be out at all: I'd probably have 'persuaded' him to start on all the newer TES(H) fittings as well. :D

Yes it is. But you're going to have to wait for IAP for it.

Ermmm sorry? What's IAP?

Ermmm sorry? What's IAP?

It's Isla Africanos (spelling not guaranteed.) An island making project.

Its a bit more than just an Island. IAP is hopefully going to be a new Open Mod project.

Brief Info here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86919-RKSL-Studios-WIP-Discussion&p=1961317#post1961317

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

....If he'd carried on working on it with me, it still wouldn't be out at all: I'd probably have 'persuaded' him to start on all the newer TES(H) fittings as well. :D

Well if you fancy providing some info I'll be happy to collaborate with you. Especially if you fancy texturing it. ;)

Its a bit more than just an Island. IAP is hopefully going to be a new Open Mod project.

Brief Info here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86919-RKSL-Studios-WIP-Discussion&p=1961317#post1961317

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Well if you fancy providing some info I'll be happy to collaborate with you. Especially if you fancy texturing it. ;)

Ohhh ok thanks for clearing that up for me. Looks very intresting indeed :)

Any further developments about your harriers or EF update? P.s any chance of a reply to that PM Rock :P I know your busy so dont wanna push in... Seriously wanna see those Harriers released since they cut them and sold 'em now :( Biggest waste ever...

Texturing? You know I'm a lot worse at it that you. :D

I'll email you the various ref images I have, and some info.

Any further developments about your harriers or EF update? P.s any chance of a reply to that PM Rock :P I know your busy so dont wanna push in... Seriously wanna see those Harriers released since they cut them and sold 'em now :( Biggest waste ever...

So sorry mate I completely forgot. Ill have a look at it again tonight and sort something out for you.

Re Harrier. You are not alone, they are coming I promise just real life keeps getting in the way of the fun stuff.

Texturing? You know I'm a lot worse at it that you. :D

I'll email you the various ref images I have, and some info.

Cheers Mike.

How about I give you the base textures you detail it. The job you did on the Tyffy wasnt bad at all.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

The rksl studio site was down !!!

The rksl studio site was down !!!

Yes it is.

Its been very poorly but is now on the mend. Not long now. (i know i keep saying it but is honestly is getting better)

This few projects what i saw are nice !!!:bounce3: