Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Well if OA is still scheduled to come out this fiscal year, shouldn't we expect some Dev diaries and some trailers soon??

Bis been pretty quiet these past 4 months, this gamepage stuff isnt wetting my appetite. :(

Need some more screenshots at least and some comments from the devs every now and then to show us that they didnt all starve to death being trapped in the studio due to Global Cooling ah I mean Warming. :p

Wow Flash, your sig is horrific. I bet they had that planned all along, since before development even began.

Regarding OA, yes, I would like to see some trailers soon aswell. :)

Here is to hoping they get released soon! :D

Hope you haven't starved, BIS!

Hope you haven't starved, BIS!

Are you kidding? It's all cocaine and strippers at Bohemia Interactive now, we'll be lucky if Arrowhead is ever released.

Where is like, everything I expected for a game being released? The trailers, the hype, the leaked builds and pics?

Where is like, everything I expected for a game being released? The trailers, the hype, the leaked builds and pics?

BIS are a bit poor in that area (Marketing, Hype stuff)

They should take advantage in getting some of the angry FP:DR fans (after codemasters latest announcement about no more DLC patches etc) by doing some extra marketing:) releasing a beta would be an excellent way:)

but to answer your query, I would say that the game isnt ready yet, they still working on the campaign (according to the latest interview with the developers)

Edited by itsme

BIS are a bit poor in that area (Marketing, Hype stuff)

They should take advantage in getting some of the angry FP:DR fans (after codemasters latest announcement about no more DLC patches etc) by doing some extra marketing:) releasing a beta would be an excellent way:)

Judging by the estimated Arma 2 sales, I would say they are doing an extremely good job ;)

Judging by the estimated Arma 2 sales, I would say they are doing an extremely good job ;)

really? so whats the sale figures then?:)

I said Estimated...:)

You only had to look and see that Arma 2 topped the steam sales charts, above fallout, l4d, hell, even call of duty. (Obviously not for months, but for a good couple of weeks).

Plus the fact, my silly videos got over 2,000,000 views from interested players, not to mention the millions of other views generated by other sites, videos and trailers, etc.

Then you have word of mouth, viral, generally high ratings, blah blah...

So just with a rough guess, I would say BIS did very well indeed :)

I want me some hype damnit. They could at least put up a weapons / vehicles page for me to get ridiculously excited over.

So because your videos got over 2million views, it means BI did well??..... NOT

I view alot of game videos, but doesnt mean I will buy them

Just look at their latest video, it was less than 10min, by a Czech TV with hardly a minute of game footage, in which case we needed a translator, their own website of OA has hardly had any new content or info, no BI twitter for latest updates on the game, and after all this you say BI are doing well?

they even refuse to release the sale figures, why? I dont know

all I can say is, they need a marketing team if they want to grow bigger, and lets not forget that BI's main customers are the military Institutions

No, of course my videos don't mean shit lol, I am just saying, Me, nor anyone else could ever get such hype over a bad game.

And one more thing...

Do you have any inside knowledge or work experience for BIS? Neitehr you or me do, so I think we should both shut our mouth about stuff we don't know :)

Richie.

(I made the mistake of mouthing off that BIS need this, BIS need that...before.Only now do I realise I looked like a complete idiot going on like I was some expert in BIS's needs. They are the game developers who are selling their products to the ministry of defense and US army, they don't need a single piece of advice from people like you or me)

Edited by Guest

I dont need work experience to figure out their lack of good marketing, I am a customer, and I can tell if a certain product is well promoted and marketed

Just like knowing how good IW promoted MW2

And another thing, they don't "refuse" to do anything, if they don't want to release tonnes of information to us, that's fine. They are doing it for a reason, they aren't just sitting back going:

"lololol, lets not give them anything till release...lololol"

You can guarantee they are working their butts of developing the game and planning plenty of marketing and public anouncements.

If you wan't to criticize them, you may aswell send a message to their PR saying he is doing a bad job. I certainly couldn't bring myself to say anyone at BIS is doing a bad job, as far as I am concerned they are A* compared to any other developer.

/

(And BIS do not have a few million to spend on marketing like IW, pretty poor comparison...)

(And yes, you do need experience, or you are talking purely from "thought" rather than "fact")

Don't mean to sound rude, but yo uaren't exactly making it easy lol :p

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

If you think I am being a little harsh or rude, just look at a thread I made a while ago. I went on about how BIS need this and that for their marketing, how they are doing a bad job etc...

I got some very true and good answers that made me realise just how ignorant I had been to say such things. For a start, I have no expertese in Sales management, public relations, marketing etc.

For a second, I don't have a job in any of these sectors.

And third, since when did I know anything about how BIS do/should/could work?

Like you say, we don't know any of the numbers, or any of their targets, or anything else related to Arma 2's performance.

If you wan't to help BIS, that's great, but first you should go to university and study marketing. Bis are not a new, or inexperienced company, they have ties with the government/armed forces. If it only takes a guy like you or me to make their sales so much better, don't you think they would have done it by now?

I hope you see my point. I am not attacking you in any way, I am just saying.

Richie.

i hope they sort out the god awful muzzle flashes on all the guns, night time firefights could be so good and immersive but the hideous muzzle flashes put a complete downer on playing night time missions... really is one of the worst things about Arma 2 :(

Everyone will agree the vehicles in Arma 2 are not ultra realistic, but it is not a vehicle sim really. Although, the helicopter flying is becoming amazing, and I played one of the new aircraft mods the other day, and it felt really nice!

Cars however...

Well, I don't mind because not everyone should be forced to know how to drive properley, but they are definitely a little far off atm. But neither BIS, modders, or players seem to moan about driving very much, so I don't mind :) (I don't mean AI driving btw) It all seems to be about planes and choppers for now!

That UAV is a big improvement from ArmA 2 UAV, and the FLIR looks awesome :P

If the new UAV is so much better, you can almost guarantee they implemented all the new feautures on the old one too :)

Pointing out bugs, glitches and other issues is not bashing ArmA 2. ^

People report bugs and issues in the hopes that they will be fixed, resulting in a better gameplay experience for everybody.

In fact, witholding knowledge is detrimental to the game as the issue will not be fixed due to ignorance of the subject matter.

Edited by Laqueesha

Hate to say this, but you guys make it seem like everything in A2 sucks.

That's sort of what I have been trying to say this whole time :(

Everyone criticizes BIS so much. Many people do not, and love the game, but there is this permanent crowd of people constantly bashing.

OA is going to be epic :) And as I have said in other threads, Arma 2 didn't even have game breaking bugs for me before it's first patch, so I don't even know where half these complaints come from.

(Of course, different PC's handle differently)

Some people have some very strange ideas about what their 60 dollars gets them. The EULA doesn't include trade secrets, or a portal into the future, I'm afraid. That kind of sense of entitlement is both poisonous and laughable. BIS already goes well above and beyond the call with their patches and support.